Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: Free talk Friday - 06.26.20

What are you going to do if there is no football?

I'm starting to wrap my head around it
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

I still pay too much for cable and have CBS Sports Network as a part of some package, or another.

They are airing the Ravens @ Broncos 2012 AFC Divisional game right now.

Man, the names....Terence Cody, Courtney Upshaw, Ray Rice, Cary Williams, Bernard Pollard...it's just kinda bizarre.

Fourth quarter is just beginning. So glad I know how this ends.

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    What are you going to do if there is no football?

I'm starting to wrap my head around it
    ton of books to read
    work on my trading strategy
    do more progamming

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Sounds intriguing. Even with salt you are dealing with Chlorine so do these systems also need to be used in conjunction with shock every now and then? At opening maybe? It's hard for me to imagine UV working if the water gets too green. Nothing kills like chlorine.

I'm sure it will be fine. I'll do some Youtube research on it. With all these things the primary thing to worry about is the maintenance burden/cost. What are your consumables. I know salt cells have to be replaced every few years at a cost of a few hundred dollars. I don't know anything about these new systems. I've considered going to salt but have heard salt is hard on everything it comes into contact with on and around the deck. I put in a salt dive/jump platform for that reason even though I'm chlorine. If I want to add a salt cell later at least that will be fine. I wonder what effect it will have on vegetation though.

I'm sure you will still have to balance the water chemistry to achieve the proper PH, alkalinity etc.. There are tips and tricks to save money there.
    Our yard doesn't seem to mind the salt. 3000 ppm salt isn't a ton. That's less than 1/10 ocean water. It's also seems easier on skin than typical chlorine.

As to the deck, can't really tell how much the pool is doing because the previous owners didn't take care of it in the 5 years they had the house, and the pool area is probably the least problematic.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk