Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: Your Worst Tantrum

Quote Originally Posted by G54377 View Post
    I was in too much shock to be enraged at Cundiff's missed FG. The Lee Evans drop to the missed field goal happened in what, like 2 or 3 minutes real time? I just stared at my TV for like 10 straight minutes.
    Yes I feel like it was so quick, I couldn't even process

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Less time, I think. Weren't they back to back plays? Quite the thrill of victory / agony of defeat transition.
    The Evans drop was a second down play. IIRC, they ran a 3rd down play where Flacco rolled right and tried to hit Pitta, when he could have faked the throw and run it in for the touchdown.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Quote Originally Posted by moviemaniacx View Post
    December 7th, 2009. A regular season game we lost to Aaron Rodgers and the Packers. I was with my family and acted like an ass, cursing and taking off my jersey and throwing it dramatically. It was also my Dad's birthday.

I've gotten way better since then thankfully.
    I remember that game. We almost blew a big lead.

I don't remember any big tantrums but the angriest I've ever been watching the Ravens was in the second half of the 2014 playoff game in New England as our defense passively sat off and watched Brady and Edelman as they dealt out death by 1000 cuts. I got more and more furious as they gave up 8 yards per play again and again without trying anything, not blitzing, not tighter coverage, nothing.

I was so angry at Pees that game. It was also the first example of Harbaugh's proud playoff tradition of non-intervention as a co-ordinator rigidly sticks to a failing plan like a slow motion nightmare leading to our inevitable defeat.

Patriots games for sure, basically all of them lol.

Cundiff miss was pure shock not anger. Was in a house with ~30 people watching and everyone silently filed out utterly crushed, legitimately felt like a heavy funeral, no one dared crack a smile or hold eye contact.

But 2nd half of 2014 was brutal. Remember one crucial drive the Pats scored on where Brady threw what felt like every single play over the hapless left corner forced into starting, I think fucking Rashaan Melvin? I was furious, even I knew what was coming and was just raging as there was nothing being done to stop it.

The worst though was whatever game it was where after some play Brady started bitching at the ref because someone grazed him (think Suggs?) and well after the fact the ref threw the roughing flag. This was at the peak of it genuinely seeming like the Patriots got all the calls, and I snapped, was forced by friends to sit down before I broke my friend's new very expensive HD TV. I guess not much of a tantrum but that was the most concentrated rage I've felt.

4th and 12 I was with friends getting ready for NYE party and just decided to get hammered.

Tough losses to the Bengals in the Marvin Lewis era made me feel... bitter.

I felt the Ravens had better teams than them for the most part and then they played to the Bengals level or the defense somehow bottle it at the end.

I didn't throw a tantrum but remember walking home from my friend's house crying when the Packers beat the Colts in that playoff game in '65. Don Chandler kicked the phantom field goal in the fog at Lambeau that tied the game 10-all with less than 2 minutes to play. Jim Tunney standing under the middle of the goal posts called it good even though Chandler turned away in disgust after he kicked it because he knew it was wide right. I was devastated. I was also 9 years old. Threw myself down on the couch when I got home and was inconsolable. Because of that game, the league added 10-feet to the uprights and stationed a ref under each goal post.

Quote Originally Posted by KbubbaK View Post
    Because of that game, the league added 10-feet to the uprights and stationed a ref under each goal post.
    It sucks to be the reason a rule was changed. The 1974-74 Terps (basketball) are the reason the NCAA Tournament changed its format to add at-large teams. Doesn't help that Terps team at all.

9. Re: Your Worst Tantrum

Steeler's loss in 2017. Weddle not being able to keep A. Brown out of the EZ at the end of the game.

10. Re: Your Worst Tantrum

Quote Originally Posted by 757RavensFan View Post
    Steeler's loss in 2017. Weddle not being able to keep A. Brown out of the EZ at the end of the game.
    Xmas 2016*

11. Re: Your Worst Tantrum

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaRaven View Post
    I was going to say the Cundiff game like everyone else, but had a different one come to mind.

Anyone else remember this one? Ravens v. Steelers, 11/5/07. Was a Monday night game in November and at that point the field in Pittsburgh was like playing in two feet of mud. Media that week was all over the Steelers and they were treating it like it was homecoming week. I think that was one of the times that they brought back Rod Woodson for the coin toss, can't remember.

But Jennifer and Santonio lit us up that day and we had no answers for them. They were up 35-7 by halftime and McNair looked abysmal. Ended the day on 63 yards and interception. I remember Mason trying to gut it out in the fourth to do something - ANYTHING - trying to get us back in the game but the entire team was just completely done by halftime. Harrison had 10 tackles/3 sacks, Polomalu had another 7 tackles it etc. And I will never forget how the entire Monday Night broadcast was all over Pittsburgh's jock from start to finish. It was at that moment that I never was more disgusted by this team and realized then that maybe I was taking football too seriously.

Also, found a fun bonus video trying to remember back to this in case anyone hates themselves enough to try and relive this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTrcSd5m45U
    Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    We had CBs that should not have been in the NFL starting for us in that game. A lot like the Colts game that year, similar results. We were helpless, hardly a game to get wrapped around the axle over.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Some say that to this day Derrick Martin is still looking back & up into the foggy Heinz Field lights for that football, which has long since been caught for a touchdown! Albeit, despite said infamous play, at least the aforementioned 6th Round selection was better than fellow DB draftee, 3rd Rounder David Pittman!

Quote Originally Posted by Waywatcher View Post
    I actually flew to London specifically to see this game (as well as to visit London for the first time, but really that was secondary =P). That was such a listless, unenthusiastic performance that I didn't even have the energy to get angry. I left dejected - but then went pub-hopping and enjoying the Bangladeshi/Indian food scene that same night. I managed to salvage the day. =)
    Nice. I was getting so annoyed my wife decided to take the kids to the park at half time. I decided I should go with them instead, which improved things considerably.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk