Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: Your Worst Tantrum

I literally broke things when Cundiff shanked the FG @ New England...they were my things, and I'm a moron, but I did it anyway.

Cundiff game

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Cundiff game
    A million percent this, I still get salty he missed that chip shot.
    The discussion has to get pretty deep to talk about Lee a Evans “drop”/pass deflected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was in too much shock to be enraged at Cundiff's missed FG. The Lee Evans drop to the missed field goal happened in what, like 2 or 3 minutes real time? I just stared at my TV for like 10 straight minutes.

5. Re: Your Worst Tantrum

I was going to say the Cundiff game like everyone else, but had a different one come to mind.

Anyone else remember this one? Ravens v. Steelers, 11/5/07. Was a Monday night game in November and at that point the field in Pittsburgh was like playing in two feet of mud. Media that week was all over the Steelers and they were treating it like it was homecoming week. I think that was one of the times that they brought back Rod Woodson for the coin toss, can't remember.

But Jennifer and Santonio lit us up that day and we had no answers for them. They were up 35-7 by halftime and McNair looked abysmal. Ended the day on 63 yards and interception. I remember Mason trying to gut it out in the fourth to do something - ANYTHING - trying to get us back in the game but the entire team was just completely done by halftime. Harrison had 10 tackles/3 sacks, Polomalu had another 7 tackles it etc. And I will never forget how the entire Monday Night broadcast was all over Pittsburgh's jock from start to finish. It was at that moment that I never was more disgusted by this team and realized then that maybe I was taking football too seriously.

Also, found a fun bonus video trying to remember back to this in case anyone hates themselves enough to try and relive this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTrcSd5m45U

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaRaven View Post
    I was going to say the Cundiff game like everyone else, but had a different one come to mind.

Anyone else remember this one? Ravens v. Steelers, 11/5/07. Was a Monday night game in November and at that point the field in Pittsburgh was like playing in two feet of mud. Media that week was all over the Steelers and they were treating it like it was homecoming week. I think that was one of the times that they brought back Rod Woodson for the coin toss, can't remember.

But Jennifer and Santonio lit us up that day and we had no answers for them. They were up 35-7 by halftime and McNair looked abysmal. Ended the day on 63 yards and interception. I remember Mason trying to gut it out in the fourth to do something - ANYTHING - trying to get us back in the game but the entire team was just completely done by halftime. Harrison had 10 tackles/3 sacks, Polomalu had another 7 tackles it etc. And I will never forget how the entire Monday Night broadcast was all over Pittsburgh's jock from start to finish. It was at that moment that I never was more disgusted by this team and realized then that maybe I was taking football too seriously.

Also, found a fun bonus video trying to remember back to this in case anyone hates themselves enough to try and relive this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTrcSd5m45U
    What get's lost with that game is we were 4-3 and coming off a bye week. We ended the season 1-8, with a bittersweet victory over the Steelers to end the season.

I was the resident Ravens fan in my middle school (sorry to make anyone here feel old by that comment lol), so on top of the Cundiff miss breaking my heart and leading me to go absolutely berserk, I had to deal with everyone constantly chanting wide left to me (even to things completely unrelated to football; "shut up wide left")

We had CBs that should not have been in the NFL starting for us in that game. A lot like the Colts game that year, similar results. We were helpless, hardly a game to get wrapped around the axle over.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

9. Re: Your Worst Tantrum

True, was perfect storm of issues. None of the DBs job was to block Harrison, but after the way it went I can't imagine they would have done any better than the ones they had actually try.

I knew Cundiff was going to miss. He was downright awful that year

Quote Originally Posted by G54377 View Post
    I was in too much shock to be enraged at Cundiff's missed FG. The Lee Evans drop to the missed field goal happened in what, like 2 or 3 minutes real time?
    Less time, I think. Weren't they back to back plays? Quite the thrill of victory / agony of defeat transition.

I felt the same. Too shocked and drained to be mad.

Anyone else remember this one? Ravens v. Steelers, 11/5/07. Was a Monday night game in November and at that point the field in Pittsburgh was like playing in two feet of mud. Media that week was all over the Steelers and they were treating it like it was homecoming week.
    And I will never forget how the entire Monday Night broadcast was all over Pittsburgh's jock from start to finish. It was at that moment that I never was more disgusted by this team ...
    That was the game when I knew that Billick had to go. I felt they just laid down and died that day. Non competitive. As indeed they were the whole rest of the season, except when the Imperfect Patriots arrival actually piqued their interest.

I was a "disloyal" fan down the stretch: I actually rooted for them to lose, so that Biscuit could NOT be fooled into thinking drastic changes weren't necessary. Felt dirty, but like I had to keep my eye on a bigger picture. Maybe similar position as fans of perennially bad teams, who late in the season want their team not to jeopardize their shot at the #1 overall pick.

True, was perfect storm of issues. None of the DBs job was to block Harrison, but after the way it went I can't imagine they would have done any better than the ones they had actually try.
    Well, Ogden was out too. The injuries that year were bad and the coach lost the locker room when he had no answer to that.