Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Your Worst Tantrum

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    the Cundiff miss.
    Ditto. I don't remember it but my wife says I was laying on the ground pounding the floor or something like that. Holds it over my head constantly. My whole family was at my brothers house so it wasn't like I was in a public place or anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqWCAoImpu0

A very close tie with the Lee Evans drop but that TJ Houshmandzadeh drop had me losing my shit!
    Had me drink a whole fifth of Ciroc Vodka during that.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

December 7th, 2009. A regular season game we lost to Aaron Rodgers and the Packers. I was with my family and acted like an ass, cursing and taking off my jersey and throwing it dramatically. It was also my Dad's birthday.

I've gotten way better since then thankfully.
    "Put your goggles on, 'cause there's gonna be blood and guts everywhere!" - SSSr

Blog Entries

We were on the verge of selling our tickets and being done with the team entirely after the Bengals loss to close the season a couple years ago. That's as irate as I've ever been after a Ravens game. It was a culmination of everything that had been wrong with the franchise over that year and the couple years prior, and it happened after we'd been outside in near 0 degree wind chills for 5 hours. If they hadn't forced Pees out that off-season, it is highly likely I would NOT still be posting here.

The Cundiff/Evans aftermath was more just complete and total numbness than any tantrum.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

The only tantrum I can remember was the Indi playoff game in 2009. We FINALLY had some momentum when Ed Reed intercepted the ball in the 3rd quarter only to ****ing fumble the ball returning it. I was pretty irate, but what really set me off was later in the same drive Ed Reed intercepted the ball AGAIN, but was nullified by a pass interference call.

Blog Entries

Darren Stone, Flacco not picking up a blitzing Polamalu in a playoff loss, Lee Evans dropping a TD against the Pats in the playoffs are a few of my pre-aneurysm moments.

When we lost to the Colts in the playoffs. I was hoping to have some closure, and I was infuriated after the game, and had to get rid of some anger. Instead of hitting someone, I got a bat from my truck, and destroyed our tailgating grill.

Most of these moments you all listed I was silently stunned, but in 2007 when we sucked but played the undefeated Patriots in a close one, I had a few meltdowns. Not sure if it was because I was watching with my roommate who was a Pats fan or what, but I distinctly remember Reed intercepting Brady and then fumbling it away and I jumped up and slammed my feet down. Ended up with a bone bruise on my foot... facepalm

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    The loss to the Colts in the playoffs in 2006 where the Peyton Manning led Colts didn't score a single TD, but still won the game. I had a meltdown in Looney's Pub in Bel Air and haven't stepped foot in that establishment ever since. Can't shake the bad juju.
    I was in attendance and was stunned at that outcome. Billick gave up running the ball in the 2nd half almost entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Honestly never had a tantrum other than the "hands in my head OMG what did I just see" reaction.
    The worse was probably 3 years ago. Mista T mentioned it earlier. 4 & 12 in the last game of the 2017 season. When I get extremely nervous I tend to be on my feet in front of the TV, hands in my pocket. When the Bengals scored, I walked away from my TV, threw up hands up in the air and said "OMG". Then slowly walked back to my TV and basically stood their stunned and silent the rest of the game.
    I have discussed this loss a few times here. Again, was in attendance, New Years eve, freezing cold. I have been a 'team guy" and usually think highly of the team and it's coaches. That day I was FIRMLY in the fire Harbaugh, Peas, and Flacco camp.

Quote Originally Posted by moviemaniacx View Post
    December 7th, 2009. A regular season game we lost to Aaron Rodgers and the Packers. I was with my family and acted like an ass, cursing and taking off my jersey and throwing it dramatically. It was also my Dad's birthday.

I've gotten way better since then thankfully.
    I was in attendance in Green Bay that night. It was a Monday night game and it was a tough tough loss. Flacco's 2nd year and he had improved a bit, but the bright lights of a Monday night game and the stage seemed to me too big for him at that time.

MY biggest tantrum was a loss to the Browns but I can't remember which year it was. That was season they really started cracking down on over the middle hits and the last home game before we had been beating the Bengals and Chad Ocho-Cinco went over the middle on a crucial third down play and Ray lowered the boom on him. He had a habit of not strapping his helmet with all the snaps and it was a big hit. His helmet flew off and they extended the drive with what then was a very questionable calland ended driving down the field and winning the game. The following week, the Ravens were winning against the Browns and the refs again late in the game extended a drive that allowed the game to get close, then they tied it up and ultimately won the game. I stood up with 3 minutes left in the game, took my Jersey off, threw it down, my father grabbed my jersey and followed along behind me as I walked down the steps back to the tailgate steaming mad, threatening to sell the rest of the season to the highest bidder. Man was I pissed.

10. Re: Your Worst Tantrum

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    MY biggest tantrum was a loss to the Browns but I can't remember which year it was. That was season they really started cracking down on over the middle hits and the last home game before we had been beating the Bengals and Chad Ocho-Cinco went over the middle on a crucial third down play and Ray lowered the boom on him. He had a habit of not strapping his helmet with all the snaps and it was a big hit. His helmet flew off and they extended the drive with what then was a very questionable calland ended driving down the field and winning the game. The following week, the Ravens were winning against the Browns and the refs again late in the game extended a drive that allowed the game to get close, then they tied it up and ultimately won the game. I stood up with 3 minutes left in the game, took my Jersey off, threw it down, my father grabbed my jersey and followed along behind me as I walked down the steps back to the tailgate steaming mad, threatening to sell the rest of the season to the highest bidder. Man was I pissed.
    All of that actually could not have happened in the same season, though, because the Bengals game you're referring to occurred in 2009. During that one, there were several questionable, final-drive-extending penalties called, which collectively helped cost the Ravens that contest in Baltimore.

However, in 2009, the Ravens swept the Browns as per usual during Harbs & Flacco's first five seasons, respectively. Remember, they did not lose to the Browns until 2013 in Cleveland — with Jason freakin' Campbell at the QB helm! While on the topic of said match-up, one play that vividly sticks out in my mind from that debacle is Lardarius Webb getting juked outta his jock for a touchdown.
    Last edited by ⋔ 4 ℞ ℞ $; 06-25-2020 at 12:36 PM.

Wow. Good thread. I'd have to say for me it was the infamous "malice in his heart" game against Detroit. I can't remember if I was at my home or if I was visiting my parents, I feel like I was at their house. But let's just say I had malice in MY heart towards Mike Carey. I was seriously pissed off and yelling at the television. Didn't throw anything, that's not my style. But I might've stood up out of the chair to yell at Carey.

Honorable mention, even though it wasn't really a tantrum. I was standing up because I was so nervous at the end of the 2012 AFCCG. After Billy Cundiff, I just pretty much fell/slumped to my knees in shock, disappointment, and flat out disbelief.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

The Cundiff miss.

I was at a bar called Tailgators in Nepean. He missed and a table beside us was all NE fans. The NE fan came right over and yelled "WOOO" in my face. I stepped back, cocked my right and bam right to the jaw. All out brawl lol.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB