Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: The Black Lives Matter group is anti-Semitic

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I live in NYC and I must say that so many of my Jewish friends (and they are plentiful) act as you two (NCRAVEN and mikezpen) have written. I simply do not know why so many bend over backwards to try to show their liberality. OK, so when people "turn the other cheek" then are slapped again it seems you have no more cheeks to slap. I so wish that White, Black, Hispanic, Asian, etc. people can get along with each other, but if not then why do YOU have to play the victim? I hope I've made some sense in this modern, 21st century world, but it just seems people's hyper-sensitivities have taken over and Free Speech is no longer Free ... Bc
    Free speech has always been a farce in America. People only question free speech when society progresses towards eliminating racist speech. Black people have had to deal with "free speech" since the founding of this country.

With all of the racism, and oppression, and abuse, and the free speech, and all of the horrors that people have to deal with... it's enough to make a person wonder why an immigrant would struggle so hard to come to this terrible place.

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    With all of the racism, and oppression, and abuse, and the free speech, and all of the horrors that people have to deal with... it's enough to make a person wonder why an immigrant would struggle so hard to come to this terrible place.

Because by the time they realize they were duped it's too late obviously. ;)

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

I have often wondered if people are moving to Florida just to get a jump start on rowing to that utopia we call Cuba.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    I have often wondered if people are moving to Florida just to get a jump start on rowing to that utopia we call Cuba.
    that got a legit chuckle out of me.

And here we have a BLM group spreading the all to common blood libel. You'd think in the past nine hundred or so years leftists would come up with a new slur, but they are a deeply stupid bunch.

https://twitter.com/NicXTempore/stat...nti-semitic%2F
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    Free speech has always been a farce in America. People only question free speech when society progresses towards eliminating racist speech. Black people have had to deal with "free speech" since the founding of this country.
    Nobody decent w/oppose letting people, white or black, speak freely. But there's no way this country should be passing laws "eliminating racist speech". About the only speech that s/b officially eliminated in this country is crying "FIRE" in a crowded theater and similar speech that causes an immediate threat to safety. There is NO way "racist" speech or web sites or books s/b prohibited or acted against because the reach of such a law would continually expand (if the perps are white) based on the whims of the system.

A farce?? What the hell are you talking about? Protection of speech here in the USA is much better than many other countries.
    BTW, the protection of speech is to protect speech that people find objectionable. It wouldn’t need to be protected if everyone liked what everyone said. Your whole comment here shows a lack of understanding about the principle of free speech

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    A farce?? What the hell are you talking about? Protection of speech here in the USA is much better than many other countries.
    BTW, the protection of speech is to protect speech that people find objectionable. It wouldn’t need to be protected if everyone liked what everyone said. Your whole comment here shows a lack of understanding about the principle of free speech
    lol a lot of these people don't understand free speech. All these white people are crying capitalism at play, and calling it a loss of free speech. When being racist causes you to lose your job, you have just crossed the intersection of free speech and capitalism.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Vee don't understand vy all zees Jewish people are cumplaining aboot ozzah people who find zem objectionable, and make zure zat no von else doss biznezz viz zem.

Vee hav declared zem disgoostink, und vee make shore zat anyvon who does biznezz viz dem, pays a hevy price.

(und ve also break zer vindoz und burn zer shops)
    Last edited by owknows; 07-03-2020 at 03:54 PM.

Movie stars and producers were "blacklisted" and lost their jobs in the 1940's-50's because of supposed Communist sympathies. This was done by private companies, not govt. edict.If you think that was wrong, and liberals still whine about it, then firing somebody because of supposed "racist" views is equally wrong.You can't support one and criticize the other unless you're a hypocrite.

lol a lot of these people don't understand free speech. All these white people are crying capitalism at play, and calling it a loss of free speech. When being racist causes you to lose your job, you have just crossed the intersection of free speech and capitalism.
    It’s not really a capitalism meets fee speech issue. What you have are a very vocal minority labeling anything they can as racist and using that to leverage their agenda. If it was a true capitalism thing, then people would stop purchasing on their own without the need of the culture mob. Just because these groups are not technically violating free speech, they are attacking the spirit of it.