Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Adam Gase

Re: Adam Gase

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    I quite like Darnold, though. I think he'll end up as the second best QB in that class.
    I both like Darnold and am very suspicious of him as a prospect. Got a goddam great arm, and I really respect the moxie he plays with. But he makes some awful lapses. Cian Fahey had him as the third least accurate passer in the league last year. And it's not like Gase makes for a great environment for Darnold to develop in.

(Speaking of the "environment": Waldman had a podcast a few weeks ago, where he listed Denzel Mims as one of the players from this draft who might not blossom until he gets to his second NFL team. And Waldman loves Mims; had him as I think his WR2 from this past draft. Gase was part of it; also the absence of anyone in the Jets WRs corps to model how to act and take care of your body and develop as a professional WR. The 2019 Ravens had Snead & Seth Roberts: excellent role models. The Jets have – Breshad Perriman? Josh Doctson?)

My impression is that Darnold on his way to being one of those QBs who's always over-valued because of his "tools". And in general I hate that type of QB. But I do like the moxie. He could be a guy that my prejudices misfire on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    In fairness, I've seen former players say that Gase is a much better coach that he gets credit for. Which I guess is something...
    Yah: not exactly high praise.

But I think Brian Flores could've been coach of year candidate last year with a bunch of rag tags - he's getting some talent now.
    Quote Originally Posted by guymf4 View Post
    (Actually, I might be the only member of the Dolphins hype train, but I digress)
    I'm fully on board the Brian Flores hype train. One of the more low-key impressive coaching performances of the last decade, IMO. If Tua realizes even 70% of the potential people are crediting him with, that team will come together fast.

NFL Network's Cynthia Frelund was on Mina Kimes' podcast last week, to talk about the AFC East, and when they got to the Dolphins she said she went to the same college as Flores. A few years behind him, but she had the chance to meet him numerous times. Said he's one of the best people she's ever met(!), and she really roots for him. I feel like a lot of people get that impression of Flores. If Tua realizes even 70% of the potential that people see in him, that team could come together shockingly fast.

Broncos finished the year beating division rivals Chargers and Raiders, beat the Lions and the perpetually overrated Texans. Their losses were to the Chiefs, the Vikings and Bills. In my opinion that's losses to the #2, #5 and #8 teams in the league. Respectable
    I'm buying into Drew Lock too. I thought he was suspect as a prospect; but they handled him well as a rookie, and he seemed to play lights-out when he finally got in. I also like the "different drum" aspect he displayed that time he was rapping to himself on the sideline. It's a tiny thing, but the ability to "be yourself" can go a long with with QBs. He seems to have the talent and the personality for it. I respect the hell out of Fangio too; and they got Lock some weapons. Elway may have finally got one right.

3. Re: Adam Gase

I came here for a .jpg of Gase's bug eyes and am leaving disappointed. =(

Quote Originally Posted by Waywatcher View Post
    I came here for a .jpg of Gase's bug eyes and am leaving disappointed. =(
    Sorry! Hooking you up:

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    So, uh, where is Cam Cameron and his 1-15 record (.063)? Using the 10 game criteria, the coach with the worst record is Bill Peterson, who coached the 1972 and 1973 Oilers to a 1-18 (.053) record.

You can see the record for what I assume is every coach in NFL history (and others from before NFL was a thing) here: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/ . You'll have to uncheck the "Hide non-qualifiers for rate stats" box above the table to see Cameron, Mornhinweg, and Peterson.

Gase's .469 wining percentage is 67th worst record among qualifiers (183 total), and 369th worst among all (500 total).
    I think it's the asshole factor that is heavily influencing the opinions

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Yah: not exactly high praise.

I'm fully on board the Brian Flores hype train. One of the more low-key impressive coaching performances of the last decade, IMO. If Tua realizes even 70% of the potential people are crediting him with, that team will come together fast.

NFL Network's Cynthia Frelund was on Mina Kimes' podcast last week, to talk about the AFC East, and when they got to the Dolphins she said she went to the same college as Flores. A few years behind him, but she had the chance to meet him numerous times. Said he's one of the best people she's ever met(!), and she really roots for him. I feel like a lot of people get that impression of Flores. If Tua realizes even 70% of the potential that people see in him, that team could come together shockingly fast.

I'm buying into Drew Lock too. I thought he was suspect as a prospect; but they handled him well as a rookie, and he seemed to play lights-out when he finally got in. I also like the "different drum" aspect he displayed that time he was rapping to himself on the sideline. It's a tiny thing, but the ability to "be yourself" can go a long with with QBs. He seems to have the talent and the personality for it. I respect the hell out of Fangio too; and they got Lock some weapons. Elway may have finally got one right.
    I didn't know that about Frelund, but I admit I like her take on things despite most nfl reporters being garbage. Lots of Lock hype but they're a solid franchise. Won a superbowl Ravens style; with the best D that year. Small market team, just like us. Our ozzie is their Elway (think about it). They had some mediocre years, we had some too, before finding consistency and stability (and I'm actually referring to the entire Harbaugh era). I love Brandon Perna and he was a strong early Ravens advocate last season.

My thing about Miami and Tua is I don't think it matters who starts. Tua as a rookie vs Fitzmagic is fungible. I think you'll get good play from either and I don't think Flores wants anything less than to win now. He won't play Tua if he can't outplay Fitz, just for the sake of developing him.

When you've got two division rivals, both with young QBs, both reinventing themselves as franchises, I'm betting on Flores over Gase as the deciding factor this season. And again, nothing against Darnold and Agnostic about Tua, but assuming Fitz is their floor and a good rookie Tua is their ceiling.

But man, I happy for all those AFC East team's fans. They've all sucked for so long, they're finally getting out of new England's 20 year shadow.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

But man, I happy for all those AFC East team's fans. They've all sucked for so long, they're finally getting out of new England's 20 year shadow.
    They hope. I'll believe Bill Belichick's not making the playoffs when the last reg season game has ended, and maybe not then.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    I both like Darnold and am very suspicious of him as a prospect. Got a goddam great arm, and I really respect the moxie he plays with. But he makes some awful lapses. Cian Fahey had him as the third least accurate passer in the league last year. And it's not like Gase makes for a great environment for Darnold to develop in.
    When I say Darnold will end up the second best QB of his class I don't mean after next year, or even the following year. Mayfield and Josh Allen are both too well set up to succeed for that. They'll probably both be considered better than him by the end of 2020, but in 5 years, when we can separate the player from the environment, I think Darnold will be best.

What impressed me was that he managed to look like he's going to make it as a QB, even after missing weeks with mono, despite having no O line, no receivers, no running game, no worthwhile offensive system. He could take a Tannehillesque post Gase leap.

Wow. Bill Peterson is dead but we could still hire Hugh Jackson and the Ravens will have the 3 worst head coaches in football alive today to run our offense. Poor Flacco dealt with what, like 120 games with these two?

Its moments like this I thank the football Gods for Wink and Roman.

"Bad head coach" does not equal "bad coordinator."

Dick LeBeau's winning percentage as a HC is .267, and he's one of the greatest coordinators in history.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    "Bad head coach" does not equal "bad coordinator."

Dick LeBeau's winning percentage as a HC is .267, and he's one of the greatest coordinators in history.
    I don't disagree, just found that an odd coincidence. And I've never been a fan of either as our OC. I have many times complained about our hiring practices regarding coordinators during the Harbaugh era. Kubiak and Roman are really the only good ones. I think in his early years he fault threatened by better tacticians but now feels enough job security to surround himself with brilliance. That, or he's not in charge of hiring anymore.

Either way, we should all pray nightly to the football Gods for Roman and Wink. Best coordinator pairin the league.

11. Re: Adam Gase

https://www.google.com/amp/s/jetswir...-dolphins/amp/

Pretty scathing article of him from 2019. The sheer amount of double digit losses is the biggest thing for me. By midseason (when the article was written) he had as many career wins as he had career double digit losses. He added 6 wins by the end of the season, but also lost by double digits twice more.

12. Re: Adam Gase

“Gase has lost 34 percent (19) of his games by at least 14 points, 27 percent (15) by at least three scores and 20 percent (11) by at least 20 points.“