Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Adam Gase

Re: Adam Gase

The Jets were 6-2 in their final eight games. One of those losses was a road loss here. That's not too shabby.

Mosley missed most of the year.
    Sam Darnold missed three(?) games with Mono.

Gase might be terrible, but it's not obvious from last year's record.

2. Re: Adam Gase

He seems like he’s still riding those two Denver years where Peyton did pretty much all the work for him. I’m just wondering why anyone even thinks his system is effective. Outside of those 2 magical years with Peyton, he’s been consistently bottom of the league on offense. He’s gotten off on excuses pretty much every year, because his QB always misses some games or he’s working with a young QB, but watching his offenses without Manning is like watching paint dry.

Quote Originally Posted by ReedInTheWind View Post
    I mean, the man seems like the absolutely most toxic head coach out there, with zero success to show for it (outside of Peyton Manning working magic for his system when he was offensive coordinator, and even Manning couldn’t stand him at times).
    This part utterly mystifies me. Always has. Surely no one could think that Gase "made" Peyton Manning?!? He was, what, a 3-time MVP before he ever met Gase?

I always assumed that Peyton ran that offense, and Gase was just along for the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    So, uh, where is Cam Cameron and his 1-15 record (.063)? Using the 10 game criteria, the coach with the worst record is Bill Peterson, who coached the 1972 and 1973 Oilers to a 1-18 (.053) record.

You can see the record for what I assume is every coach in NFL history (and others from before NFL was a thing) here: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/ . You'll have to uncheck the "Hide non-qualifiers for rate stats" box above the table to see Cameron, Mornhinweg, and Peterson.

Gase's .469 wining percentage is 67th worst record among qualifiers (183 total), and 369th worst among all (500 total).
    The immortal Rick Venturi should be on there somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Blovius_Maximus View Post
    The Jets were 6-2 in their final eight games. One of those losses was a road loss here. That's not too shabby.

Mosley missed most of the year.
    Sam Darnold missed three(?) games with Mono.

Gase might be terrible, but it's not obvious from last year's record.
    There a lot of people saying Jets could be #2 in the division behind Bills and a wildcard team. Darnold missed 3 and went 6-7 while still recovering from Mono. Vegas has them at 7 wins. If they do break into the wildcard hunt it will be in spite of Gase, not because of him.

I personally think Miami has a better chance to be the surprise wildcard out of the AFC east. Jets play the entire AFC west and NFC west plus Browns and Colts. That's tough.

Miami gets AFC and NFC west plus Bungals and Jaguars. Those 2 different match ups could make a huge difference. Seriously, if the can can split division, that's a huge break for Miami.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

In fairness, I've seen former players say that Gase is a much better coach that he gets credit for. Which I guess is something...

But I think Brian Flores could've been coach of year candidate last year with a bunch of rag tags - he's getting some talent now.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Blovius_Maximus View Post
    They were 6-2 against bad teams and back up quarterbacks. That 6-2 finish was more a product of scheduling and luck rather than good performances.

I quite like Darnold, though. I think he'll end up as the second best QB in that class.

8. Re: Adam Gase

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    The immortal Rick Venturi should be on there somewhere.
    2-17 (.105), 40th worst.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    They were 6-2 against bad teams and back up quarterbacks. That 6-2 finish was more a product of scheduling and luck rather than good performances.

I quite like Darnold, though. I think he'll end up as the second best QB in that class.
    Yep. Spot on. I'm not so much anti Darnold as anti Jets hype train. A couple teams finished strong last year and are getting pushed up in the predictions and off season narratives. Dolphins and Broncos are two others, but I'm buying the hype in those cases. (Actually, I might be the only member of the Dolphins hype train, but I digress)

Broncos finished the year beating division rivals Chargers and Raiders, beat the Lions and the perpetually overrated Texans. Their losses were to the Chiefs, the Vikings and Bills. In my opinion that's losses to the #2, #5 and #8 teams in the league. Respectable.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

my jets friends HATE him and the ownership

Blog Entries

Ray Handley reincarnated...

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    2-17 (.105), 40th worst.
    Mere won-lost records could never fully convey how truly awful he was.