Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Can we stop the pretense and call this what it is now - Anti White Protests

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    In spite of false characterizations to the contrary... Trump does not divide Americans by immutable characteristics... (race, sex, economic status, sexual orientation)...

The press says he does... but he doesn't. Ever.

But you're right. He is divisive as hell.. He divides the country between those he views as destructive to the future of the republic, and those he doesn't.

And I would bet that in the absence of all of the propaganda from the mainstream press, you'd probably find you share more opinions with Trump, than not.

Also... I wanted to compliment you on your continued good faith discussion, in times and subjects where this isn't often so.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    Yes, and many people wanted Owners and the NFL to keep Kaep out of the NFL due to what they deemed as "disrespecting the flag". Many black people saw it differently.
    I think this is just a difference of opinion. People have differences of opinion when it comes to reverencing the flag, just like people have differences in opinion when it comes to how Jesus should be portrayed. Simple as that.
    Man, you are a walking logical fallacy bandc.

If I had the time and energy I'd break this down and show how your thought process is flawed, but I don't think you're after truth, so I'd probably be wasting time.

Quote Originally Posted by ddr_jr View Post
    I think you guys are a little over dramatic here. However you make some good points. In terms of dividing America, how come you guys never mention Trump and his part? He's part of the problem too.

His whole campaign was us versus them. From the pulpit of his office, he constantly spews sudble winks, conspiracies, and half truths with his "some people say" talk. Yes the media is out to get him...but it was him personally who championship the crusifiction of our Muslim president. Rather than giving an inch on having some level of understanding why some folks don't want to send their child to a School named after a Confederate general...instead of healing..he divides...he doesn't know how to mediate. Mediation is important for a president. Now, he is already sowing doubt about the election. Mail in ballots are only a problem when Dems do it. We got an attorney general who seems to be protecting the president. How many political appointies have they walked off the job? Inspector generals? On any single day, his administration says X, a hour or two later Trump says Z, the next day everyone is playing cleanup. There has never been a president who required so much damage control. It's crazy

The media covers him sooo much. Therefore his faults are in plain sight for all to see. Crazy breeds crazy..and I think SOME of this we are seeing is part of it...and his lack of steady leadership.

All I'm saying fellas, it's more than him being an asshole, or a Twitter whore, or having TDS. Dividing is how he stays relevant..it's all he has.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    If you go to the politics store, the politics of division bin has been empty for the last 25 years at least.

Like everyone I was disgusted by the video of George Floyd's death. I've been supportive of the protests and attended one here in Rockville 3 weeks ago. I'm on record stating I think removing statues of confederate generals and renaming schools and bases is reasonable and the right thing to do as well. If I was black and had to look at towering 30 foot statues of dead confederate generals ever day..that would cause me discomfort to say the least.

When King made his statement yesterday in regards to religious statues and iconography of Jesus essential saying we should "pull them down" it just seemed clear to me that we will now likely see bricks flying through church windows and religious statues being pulled down and desecrated. That was just a bridge to far for me. Arguing the merits of Tebow Jesus vs "browner" jesus when the net effect will be people going to church and seeing headless Virgin Marys and toppled images of Jesus seems silly, pointless and destructive. We should not speak in ways that encourage or appear to support that behavior. King did that and the only justification was too much "whiteness".

And the two statues in Wisconsin and the state Senator that got assaulted? We are now seeing statues pulled down where there is no other rational justification except for maybe because they were white? You're now crossing into completely different territory and it's people like Sean King pouring gas on that fire.

Yeah, the title was maybe a little "hysterical" as you say and hyperbolic but can you tell me that I'm really wrong here. That guy is like the worst figurehead for what's going on right now. The things he's saying are not helpful and in fact are the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    I don't think you understand what "difference of opinion" means.

Smashing someone's statues, art, and stained glass windows is something a little more than that
    What? Where and when did he do those things?

Quote Originally Posted by ddr_jr View Post
    I think you guys are a little over dramatic here. However you make some good points. In terms of dividing America, how come you guys never mention Trump and his part? He's part of the problem too.

His whole campaign was us versus them. From the pulpit of his office, he constantly spews sudble winks, conspiracies, and half truths with his "some people say" talk. Yes the media is out to get him...but it was him personally who championship the crusifiction of our Muslim president. Rather than giving an inch on having some level of understanding why some folks don't want to send their child to a School named after a Confederate general...instead of healing..he divides...he doesn't know how to mediate. Mediation is important for a president. Now, he is already sowing doubt about the election. Mail in ballots are only a problem when Dems do it. We got an attorney general who seems to be protecting the president. How many political appointies have they walked off the job? Inspector generals? On any single day, his administration says X, a hour or two later Trump says Z, the next day everyone is playing cleanup. There has never been a president who required so much damage control. It's crazy

The media covers him sooo much. Therefore his faults are in plain sight for all to see. Crazy breeds crazy..and I think SOME of this we are seeing is part of it...and his lack of steady leadership.

All I'm saying fellas, it's more than him being an asshole, or a Twitter whore, or having TDS. Dividing is how he stays relevant..it's all he has.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    The only divisiveness trump ever campaigned on was putting America and the citizens first. The left and the hate America crowd were offended that trump wanted to treat our citizens better.

Those are the facts. And look how many times the left has sided with our enmities, over Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post

If I had the time and energy I'd break this down and show how your thought process is flawed, but I don't think you're after truth, so I'd probably be wasting time.
    You are right. Bandaid doesn’t want truth. He keeps parroting the false narrative that whites wanted kap out of the nfl. Or that whites didn’t want blacks to protest.

He has said that so many times, he probably believes it.

Which just proves he is in denial.

So truth won’t help him. He needs anger and hate to make him happy

Ok, well explain to me then. What message was trying to be sent by white people when they stopped coming to NFL games, and stopped watching NFL games?

Blog Entries

Ok, well explain to me then. What message was trying to be sent by white people when they stopped coming to NFL games, and stopped watching NFL games?
    That they hate black people obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    You are right. Bandaid doesn’t want truth. He keeps parroting the false narrative that whites wanted kap out of the nfl. Or that whites didn’t want blacks to protest.

He has said that so many times, he probably believes it.

Which just proves he is in denial.

So truth won’t help him. He needs anger and hate to make him happy
    What?? I'm so lost..weren't a lot of white people angry and hate the way Colin Kaepernick protested...or am I just misremembering history?

Blog Entries

What?? I'm so lost..weren't a lot of people angry and hate the way Colin Kaepernick protested...or am I just misremembering history?
    Fixed it for you.

That they hate black people obviously.
    Ok, so according to you, when white people stopped coming to games and stopped watching the games, it did NOT mean that they think the protesting should stop?

Fixed it for you.
    I mean, a lot of white people were angry. That is a fact. I don't think there was anything to fix.