Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Noose in Bubba Watson's Garage was actuall a door pull, attached to the garage door, that had been there since 2019

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    The sad part, is that in today's climate I would say it's about equally likely that NASCAR staged it as a virtue-signalling opportunity, as it is that Bubba Wallace staged it as a chance to get victim clicks.
    I immediately thought it was a stunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: Noose in Bubba Watson's Garage was actuall a door pull, attached to the garage door, that had been there since 2019

The sad part, is that in today's climate I would say it's about equally likely that NASCAR staged it as a virtue-signalling opportunity, as it is that Bubba Wallace staged it as a chance to get victim clicks.
    I think it's likely they were trying to inoculate themselves against defunding type campaigns that would cause them to lose corporate sponsors. Or it was fear a weak response might result in that happening. So...... LET'S OVER-REACT!!!!!
    Last edited by BustOfPallas; 06-24-2020 at 06:29 AM.

Video is unnecessary.

The "noose" was literally a hand pull rope attached to the side of the garage door, by which you closed the garage door by pulling the rope via the loop.

Every garage is equipped with one. And there is a photo of Bubba standing next to the "noose" in his garage, unfazed... the day before all the ruckus.

As I said, it would not shock me to learn that it was NASCAR (and not Bubba) who was the moving force behind disclosing this.... in order to try to do a little virtue-signalling.
    Virtue signaling is so dumb. We have people out trying to solve real issues like preventing what happened to Brionna Taylor from happening again, to trying to figure out how an entire police department hid Ahmad Arbury's death for a month. Then we gotta deal with bs like this and Jussie Smollett

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    I think it's likely they were trying to inoculate themselves against defunding type campaigns that would cause them to lose corporate sponsors. Or it was fear a strong response might result in that happening. So...... LET'S OVER-REACT!!!!!!

That would be the explanation from the less cynical side of me.

The more cynical side of me would suggest that maybe NASCAR got wind of some joking story going around the pits, and turned it into an actual event, when nobody (including Bubba) interpreted it that way.

And that NASCAR then orchestrated some kind of nonsense display of drive-by homage and genuflecting and groveling so that they could be part of the big virtue-signalling party too.

Not sure which is the actual story... but I fear the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    Virtue signaling is so dumb. We have people out trying to solve real issues like preventing what happened to Brionna Taylor from happening again, to trying to figure out how an entire police department hid Ahmad Arbury's death for a month. Then we gotta deal with bs like this and Jussie Smollett
    You are honestly an enigma.

You go from profoundly irrational to firmly rational at the drop of a hat.

You are honestly an enigma.

You go from profoundly irrational to firmly rational at the drop of a hat.
    I mean, the things that I rant about on here don't require virtue signaling for its effects to be felt on society. Virtue signaling tears apart at a common cause like nothing else. It's dumb.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Jussie Smollett says it REALLY DID HAPPEN! They put Bubba in the garage with the noose for a pull down on purpose. RACISTS EVERYWHERE!

Blog Entries

That would be the explanation from the less cynical side of me.

The more cynical side of me would suggest that maybe NASCAR got wind of some joking story going around the pits, and turned it into an actual event, when nobody (including Bubba) interpreted it that way.

And that NASCAR then orchestrated some kind of nonsense display of drive-by homage and genuflecting and groveling so that they could be part of the big virtue-signalling party too.

Not sure which is the actual story... but I fear the latter.
    Seems to be it’s a rope with a loop to pull down the garage door in every garage. One I Wallace last as well. Seems Wallace saw something that wasn’t real....

I hope they suspend him from the circuit. Personally I've never sat through an entire race because the ability to turn left doesn't excite me, but a lot of my friends are/were NASCAR fans.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    I hope they suspend him from the circuit. Personally I've never sat through an entire race because the ability to turn left doesn't excite me, but a lot of my friends are/were NASCAR fans.
    They’re going to pretend it didn’t happen and move on and hope it goes away

I just wanna hear from the moron that found it and just instantly assume it was a noose. I mean... It s in a garage...in a garage door... It juet blows my mind how much people look to be offended.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart