Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: kaepernick, Adams, or Brown?

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I get it but they can't just ban someone without justification.
    Colin Kaepernick waves hi.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Colin Kaepernick waves hi.
    But nobody cared.

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Informative article from a football, analytical perspective of Kaep's 2016 season:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-colin-k...-new-york-jets[
    The on-field case for Colin Kaepernick’s return to the NFL

When operating from a clean pocket — a more stable indicator of performance — his grade ranked 29th, and his EPA per play ranked 25th. However, there are some excuses to be made:
    What's whack to me is, even if you don't apply any of the "excuses" – ie the valid analytical factors that suggest Kaep's 2016 performance was actually pretty good in context – even if you accept at face value the number that put him in the 25th to 29th range: that all by itself makes him an excellent choice to be a backup QB. He'd've been one of the ~5 best backup QBs in the league; and better than several starters.

In other words, even the least intelligent and most negative assessment of his play from that season, places him better than 30 to 45 QBs who had roster spots in 2016 and 2017 (assuming some teams kept 3 QBs on the roster). But people keep claiming that he'd "proved" he wasn't worth a roster spot.

The bullshit and hypocrisy are infuriating.

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    But nobody cared.
    Speaking of.

I don´t see us getting Adams, they´ll ask too much. Unless something happens and they´d settle for a swap with Thomas and some mid picks. But they wont.

Brown I don´t think they´d touch with a stick even if all our WR:s go down with injuries day one of training camp. If it was just one thing, but the guy´s been a loose cannon and loon in every aspect.

Kaepernick, highly doubtful. But I still see it as the most likely, if one of our guys goes down especially. If it´s mendable, what transpired. But if it ever will be, it would be now.

6. Re: kaepernick, Adams, or Brown?

What's whack to me is, even if you don't apply any of the "excuses" – ie the valid analytical factors that suggest Kaep's 2016 performance was actually pretty good in context – even if you accept at face value the number that put him in the 25th to 29th range: that all by itself makes him an excellent choice to be a backup QB. He'd've been one of the ~5 best backup QBs in the league; and better than several starters.

In other words, even the least intelligent and most negative assessment of his play from that season, places him better than 30 to 45 QBs who had roster spots in 2016 and 2017 (assuming some teams kept 3 QBs on the roster). But people keep claiming that he'd "proved" he wasn't worth a roster spot.

That seems to be the way it works with running QBs. Terrelle Pryor did what he did as a running QB, had the best w-l record with the Raiders during the Allen-Sparano era, never made an NFL roster as a QB again. Switched to WR, had a 1000 yard season, and somehow isn't on a team right now. And people talk about Taysom Hill, Pryor was a starting QB w/ the longest run by a QB in NFL history, had a 135.7 passer rating against the playoff Chargers in a win, and as a WR had that 1000 yard season. And in some games in 2016 he had rushing yards, receiving yards and passing yards. No job for him. And the last time he played, he played cheap, so it's not like Kaepernick's situation where you can't be sure that he'll play for almost nothing. Cam Newton is getting paid almost nothing. It's just the deal with running QBs.