Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: kaepernick, Adams, or Brown?

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Read this classic mystery novel for the answer to your question :

... Bc
    Nice Bc!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    I don't see any way in hell we sign Brown, under any circumstance. And I mean, if every WR tests positive for Covid and is out, and we have to play for the division in 3 days, I still think they leave AB alone.
    So your saying there's a chance!!

Good to see you and Wicked so close in agreement:O. AB should wear that radioactive material sign like a sandwich board

Quote Originally Posted by guymf4 View Post
    People have already started obvious reasons for why Kap and AB won't happen, so let's take a look at Adams for a second.

I don't see it happening because we have ET and Clark emerged as a starter and signed for 3 years at 16M. So we going to bench the young 5M a year safety AND add Adam's cap hit? The speculation is he'll be around 14M a year based on other top safeties, around what Thomas makes. We're paying ET 10M salary with a 5M dead money hit each year. Theoretically, if we cut ET, we'd just be eating his dead money for the next 3 years. I don't see that at being worth it, especially if we trade a draft pick. Lastly, there are way more desperate teams willing to through picks at it that would be getting a much bigger upgrade than Adams over ET.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
    The trade would only make sense of course, if you divested yourself of Thomas.

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    Or Clark. They're both good but I'd trade either for Adams.

Which isn’t really possible.
    Or we start all 3 and play a ton of big nickel:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Which isn’t really possible.
    Or we start all 3 and play a ton of big nickel:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When I suggested it originally, I also suggested that they slide Jimmy to FS

FS = J. Smith, D. Elliot

SS = J. Adams, C. Clark

Might actually make sense given that Thomas is on the downslope, and Adams is at or near peak. (and the Jets really need the trade)

I know you're probably giving away a little something at FS in the short term, for what I think is a better player at SS. But I think J. Smith and Elliot could hold the fort for a couple years, so you could address the position in the draft.

I honestly think the Thomas contract is one it would benefit the team to rid itself of.

Blog Entries

I think it's Adams and then some distance away Kaepernick.

I just don't see them considering signing Brown until all of the off field stuff he's got going on is resolved. I don't write it off entirely if that stuff is resolved, but it's real hard for me to see them signing him with the abuse and sexual assault stuff just hanging out there. They've worked too hard on rehabbing their image and with Lamar have a real chance to grow their fan base in a way they've never been able to before to sign a guy that could undo all that work very quickly.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

i don't see how they go for any of them. they aren't the team for AB no matter what AB thinks, they don't need a gigantic PR hit for a modestly better backup QB, and they already have the best secondary in the league

That's the part I don't understand. Can Adams play centerfield single-high safety like Earl can? I thought all the next-gen-stat type stuff showed that Earl was still very solid last year in that role. And that role is a tough one to fill. Why are so many here so eager to give him the bum's rush?

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    Or Clark. They're both good but I'd trade either for Adams.
    Clark has something that Adams won't have: affordability. That's going to be a HUGE asset in a few years.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    That's the part I don't understand. Can Adams play centerfield single-high safety like Earl can? I thought all the next-gen-stat type stuff showed that Earl was still very solid last year in that role. And that role is a tough one to fill. Why are so many here so eager to give him the bum's rush?
    I don't know if I'd describe it as eager to give him the bum's rush.

Earl is 31

Adams is 24

Adams is at least as good at the SS position as Thomas is at the FS position, and I think it's fair to say that he will be a premium SS for longer than Earl will be a premium FS.

I personally think that the Ravens overpaid for Thomas, and think it would be wise to pass that deficit along to someone else if the opportunity exists.

And Adams adds things that might help shore up some other weaknesses that the Ravens didn't emphatically address in the draft. (namely the pass rush... )

Nothing personal. Just business.

I don't know if I'd describe it as eager to give him the bum's rush.

Earl is 31

Adams is 24

Adams is at least as good at the SS position as Thomas is at the FS position, and I think it's fair to say that he will be a premium SS for longer than Earl will be a premium FS.

I personally think that the Ravens overpaid for Thomas, and think it would be wise to pass that deficit along to someone else if the opportunity exists.

And Adams adds things that might help shore up some other weaknesses that the Ravens didn't emphatically address in the draft. (namely the pass rush)

Nothing personal. Just business.
    Yeah but: that leaves us with a hole at FS.