Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 495051

Re: Redslurs logo/name change countdown ...

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    Not phallic enough.
    Touché.

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    They are saying it's temporary. But you may be right, this might be a way for Snyder to try to weasel out of this situation. If he doesn't name the team, the fans may simply continue to refer to them as the Redskins. They are certainly not going to refer to them as the "Football Team."
    Are you kidding? You think he's being "sneaky" and he would give up on a merchandising money to try to wait it out and get the name Redskins back? Right, lol.

More likely he's in some sort of stubborn standoff with someone trying to make a windfall on a name he likes and he's like "F You" I can wait. Also more time to do research it and come up with the most marketable,lucrative name.
    -"You are about to enter a world of pain."

"Washington Football Team" ??

Can Snyder get anything right?

I still prefer my suggestion of Washington Team Football (WTF). I suspect that's how they are going to be known by fans of other teams.
    We had the exact same reaction! WTF!

"Washington Football Team" ??

Can Snyder get anything right?

I still prefer my suggestion of Washington Team Football (WTF). I suspect that's how they are going to be known by fans of other teams.
    Yup they're totally gonna be the WTFs in my mind

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Rednecks

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by Moe the Crow View Post
    Are you kidding? You think he's being "sneaky" and he would give up on a merchandising money to try to wait it out and get the name Redskins back? Right, lol.

More likely he's in some sort of stubborn standoff with someone trying to make a windfall on a name he likes and he's like "F You" I can wait. Also more time to do research it and come up with the most marketable,lucrative name.
    No, I don't think he has any expectation that he will ever be able to use the name "Redskins" in any official or league-sanctioned capacity again.

I do think he realizes there is still plenty of money to be made in selling all of the new "Washington Football Team" merchandise, while the fan base itself will continue to call the team "the Redskins". And since he never wanted to change the name in the first place, I think he is perfectly happy with that (for the time being).
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but NOT to their own facts" - Daniel P. Moynihan