Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2425262728 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Redslurs logo/name change countdown ...

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Do they want out because they are looking to change the name or because they aren't changing it fast enough? Or, maybe it's unrelated and Snyder is just an asshole as a partner
    sounds like the latter. Not happy being a partner with Snyder is all they would say.
    For those snickering, these guys are powerful multi millionaires - Fred Smith is CEO and founder of Fedex.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    sounds like the latter. Not happy being a partner with Snyder is all they would say.
    For those snickering, these guys are powerful multi millionaires - Fred Smith is CEO and founder of Fedex.
    And FedEx is one of the companies upset with the name. I think you're right.

Wallyworld and Target just dropped the hammer:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...iews-its-name/

The market is speaking. You may not like what it’s saying, but it doesn’t care.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    Wallyworld and Target just dropped the hammer:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...iews-its-name/

The market is speaking. You may not like what it’s saying, but it doesn’t care.
    Exactly. When you are as rich as Dan Snyder is, you need to have those big investors say "we're out" for there to be any real change.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Seems like the name 'Washington Warriors' is at the top of the 'most likely name' list:

https://dailycaller.com/2020/07/07/w...kevin-sheehan/

Quote Originally Posted by lordbern View Post
    Seems like the name 'Washington Warriors' is at the top of the 'most likely name' list:

"This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lordbern View Post

So wait. Are we just going to paint all Indians as violent now!?

(Kidding everyone, don’t get your SJW panties in a wad)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    Great movie!

"You see what you get Warriors?! You see what you get when you mess with the Orphans?!"
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    What generation is today's generation? What age?

If they're the pussy generation does that make your generation the dick generation?
    I won't speak for the authors, but I can offer an explanation for the strong reaction. It has nothing to do with a desire to continue insensitivity. Rather, it's opposition to the effects of a culture that incentivizes sensitivity.

I don't know if your familiar with the works of a sociologist named Bradley Campbell. He wrote a book about three kinds of cultures. Briefly and to oversimplify:

Honor culture: weak legal system; high sensitivity to small slights. Small slights must be snuffed out or else they risk becoming dangerous threats. Honor is the bravery of self help. So, it's pistols at noon.

Dignity culture: strong legal system; low sensitivity to small slights. Inherent, unalienable dignity. Small slights can be shaken off because everyone agrees that dignity is retained. Law is for large slights. Formal address of small slight is discouraged because it speaks of uncertainty in own dignity. So, sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me.

Victim culture: strong legal system and high sensitivity to small slights. Emphasis is placed on individual and group vulnerability /fragility. Slights are characterized as acts of oppression. Appeals to an authority for aid elevate status because they demonstrate a commitment to end oppression. So, tell me about your “narrative of suffering.”

So, it starts with “I'll handle it” moves to “I'm above it” and arrives at “Everyone help me.” Thus, people see a “pussy generation.”

If your interested in the incentives this creates and why it’s dangerous, then you can Google Campbell's works and read about due process, cry bullies, uncharitableness, mob mentality, and competing victimhood.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    So wait. Are we just going to paint all Indians as violent now!?

(Kidding everyone, don’t get your SJW panties in a wad)
    The problem is that some grad student earns points for finding that hidden meaning. Scratching deeper and revealing the ulterior motives proves he's insightful.

But, really, the problem with Warriors isn't race or ethnicity. The problem is toxic masculinity and our society's continuing fetishization of male physical strength along with a male desire to dominate and effect the world around him, as most obviously seen by the pleasure a man takes in the sight of his own ejaculation.

Really, NCRAVEN, you just aren't thinking hard enough (snickering) about this.

Blog Entries

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I got an idea. How about we make the team the Washington Cummings and use Cummings' caricature face as the logo?