Page 1 of 51 123 ... LastLast

Redslurs logo/name change countdown ...

It's long overdue, but I'm gonna say by the end of July the team to the south (Way south for me now) will have a new name and logo. What do you guys think?

While it should be by the end of the day, my official bet is July 20th.

Re: Redslurs logo/name change countdown ...

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    Doubt it. The owner loves the name & logo, grew up as a fan of the team. He's already engaged in some legal battles (I think over trademark questions?). I don't see him loosening his grip easily.

It's long overdue, but I'm gonna say by the end of July the team to the south (Way south for me now) will have a new name and logo. What do you guys think?

Good point. I'm surprised it hasn't been discussed much in the last few weeks. So many people avoid the name, calling them "Washington" or whatever, that it's always slightly shocking or surprising when someone actually says the slur.

Maybe the media or the league could force the owner into a change. If TV companies had a policy not to use the name or blurred out the name/logo on broadcasts it would put some pressure on him.

I'm ready to be called an over sensitive snowflake with censorious tendencies but an outright racial insult as a team name is utterly indefensible, tradition or not.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Doubt it. The owner loves the name & logo, grew up as a fan of the team. He's already engaged in some legal battles (I think over trademark questions?). I don't see him loosening his grip easily.
    It's bigger than Dan Snyder and his desire and copyrights etc. I think it will be the league that steps in and makes the decision for him.

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    Good point. I'm surprised it hasn't been discussed much in the last few weeks. So many people avoid the name, calling them "Washington" or whatever, that it's always slightly shocking or surprising when someone actually says the slur.

Maybe the media or the league could force the owner into a change. If TV companies had a policy not to use the name or blurred out the name/logo on broadcasts it would put some pressure on him.

I'm ready to be called an over sensitive snowflake with censorious tendencies but an outright racial insult as a team name is utterly indefensible, tradition or not.
    Not by me...
    Last edited by MinnesotaRaven; 06-19-2020 at 03:13 PM.

Blog Entries

Speaking of...

Statue of former Redskins owner George Preston Marshall removed from RFK Stadium :

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ed-rfk-stadium

"This symbol of a person who didn't believe all men and women were created equal and who actually worked against integration is counter to all that we as people, a city, and nation represent," the statement read. "We believe that injustice and inequality of all forms is reprehensible and we are firmly committed to confronting unequal treatment and working together toward healing our city and country."

... Bc

Blog Entries

If Mrs. Butterworth is under fire, then their name and logo are too.

Blog Entries

I hope Snyder stands strong as he has before. Native Americans have been asked about this and they’re not offended so let’s move on.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Snyder will never let that name go. Neither will Skins fans. All 17 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I hope Snyder stands strong as he has before. Native Americans have been asked about this and they’re not offended so let’s move on.
    Haha... Bullshit.

Just because some person or group of people said they aren't offended, doesn't mean they speak for the nation. I live in Minnesota now and the Native American community has a voice and they are playing a big role in the current climate. Land-O Lakes, Lake Calhoun renamed to "Bde Maka Ska", its Dakota name. Things are moving quickly.
    Last edited by MinnesotaRaven; 06-19-2020 at 05:29 PM.

Blog Entries

Haha... Bullshit.
    If I’m wrong I’m okay with it. Can you show me I am?

Blog Entries

What does that have to do with native Americans not being offended by the Redskins name?