Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Re: The concept of race is a social contsruct

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    The largest takeover of a private industry in the history of this country. You can’t get any more extreme than that.
    Race baiting to divide this country
    His philosophy of fundamentally changing the country with his pen.

Again , he is as close to center as Limbaugh.
    Executive order use actually had been going up at least for over a decade before he came into office. Trump has been making extensive use of it as well. Does that make him far left?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    You demonstrate to me that I have victimized you... In any way....

Then you are entitled to compensation.

But you and I both know that that's not true. You and I have grown up as equals. You had every opportunity I have had in this world. Arguably more.

I worked for what I have. It is the product of the sweat of my brow, and the workings of my mind.

If you intend to take it... you'll have a fight on your hands.
    So tell me this. If one child goes to Severna Park schools, and another goes to Baltimore schools. Would you consider that an equal opportunity set?

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Where did you come up with forking over half the money you make to people who don't? Even if you max out your bracket both for Maryland and the feds, you're around 45% in income tax.

Like most people... you fail to consider property tax... and sales tax.... and excise taxes on luxury goods... and sin taxes on cigarettes, alcohol...

And then the invisible tax burden that goes into the price of every single thing you buy with your few remaining dollars... that would be 1/3 lower in cost if you didn't have government in there taking it's "taste".

Then there's the insane burden of regulation and mandate on the price of healthcare and medication. And the ridiculous cost of all the green energy designs for products that barely work... and the 2 gallon toilets that won't flush a decent turd, so you have to flush them 3 times.

But I digress...

Realistic estimates put about 65% of the average middle class income into government coffers one way or another.

That's how they finance the tax loopholes for the wealthy...

And the "never worked for shit" lifestyle of the freeloading class.

On the backs of us middle class suckers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    So tell me this. If one child goes to Severna Park schools, and another goes to Baltimore schools. Would you consider that an equal opportunity set?

Hell no.

The spending per student in Baltimore City is WAY higher.

But unfortunately democrat City government hires illiterate teachers, corrupt thieving school administrators, and really doesn't give a shit about the students.

And the teachers union fights ANY effort at accountability as if their life depended on it.

Hell no.

The spending per student in Baltimore City is WAY higher.

But unfortunately democrat City government hires illiterate teachers, corrupt thieving school administrators, and really doesn't give a shit about the students.

And the teachers union fights ANY effort at accountability as if their life depended on it.
    Not to blanket defend teachers, but if you swap the teachers from those two districts, results would not change much. The driving force on education is the family and how seriously they take it. You know why inner city teachers are considered poor? A large part is because of what they have to put up with behavior wise, support from the family wise etc

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Not to blanket defend teachers, but if you swap the teachers from those two districts, results would not change much.
    I would say that results would not improve much in the City.

But results would decline in Severna Park.

The driving force on education is the family and how seriously they take it.
    Certainly plays a huge role.

You know why inner city teachers are considered poor? A large part is because of what they have to put up with behavior wise, support from the family wise etc
    I consider a significant number of them poor, because they are the functionally illiterate product of lowered college expectations and standards. And I suggest that the teachers' union's unwillingness to allow teachers to be tested for competency is testimony to this fact.

That doesn't mean that this is true of every teacher. But it doesn't have to be, to ruin the chances of most students.

Does that mean that family (or lack thereof) doesn't play a huge role? Of course not.

Like most people... you fail to consider property tax... and sales tax.... and excise taxes on luxury goods... and sin taxes on cigarettes, alcohol...

And then the invisible tax burden that goes into the price of every single thing you buy with your few remaining dollars... that would be 1/3 lower in cost if you didn't have government in there taking it's "taste".

Then there's the insane burden of regulation and mandate on the price of healthcare and medication. And the ridiculous cost of all the green energy designs for products that barely work... and the 2 gallon toilets that won't flush a decent turd, so you have to flush them 3 times.

But I digress...

Realistic estimates put about 65% of the average middle class income into government coffers one way or another.

That's how they finance the tax loopholes for the wealthy...

And the "never worked for shit" lifestyle of the freeloading class.

On the backs of us middle class suckers.
    Yep. Pretty much agree with this statement. Thought you were trying to say half was going purely to welfare programs.

I would say that results would not improve much in the City.

But results would decline in Severna Park.

Disagree. The results would be similar, and if they stopped some would return to mean pretty quickly. Because that area does not have to deal with the poor parental support and everything that goes with it. Therefore they would not have to employ lower standards in both grades and conduct.

Disagree. The results would be similar, and if they stopped some would return to mean pretty quickly. Because that area does not have to deal with the poor parental support and everything that goes with it. Therefore they would not have to employ lower standards in both grades and conduct.
    Owknows is more likely to be correct here. Overly powerful teacher unions like you find in democrat controlled cities keep the worst teachers imaginable in their jobs. Putting them in better schools is just going to bring down those schools. The results won't be as noticeable as they were in the city thanks to the parents being more involved, which you mentioned, but there will be a decline.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Owknows is more likely to be correct here. Overly powerful teacher unions like you find in democrat controlled cities keep the worst teachers imaginable in their jobs. Putting them in better schools is just going to bring down those schools. The results won't be as noticeable as they were in the city thanks to the parents being more involved, which you mentioned, but there will be a decline.
    I guess where we are differing is that I’m putting much much more blame on the families in the poor performing districts that I am on inept teachers. Those schools are not shitty because they are hiring shitty teachers, there shitty because of the families sending their kids there.

I guess where we are differing is that I’m putting much much more blame on the families in the poor performing districts that I am on inept teachers. Those schools are not shitty because they are hiring shitty teachers, there shitty because of the families sending their kids there.
    You're right that there would be little noticeable improvement in the low performance districts due to lack of parental involvement.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock