Page 1 of 16 123 ... LastLast

Here we go again. Trump Rally in Tulsa

Looks like violent left leaning groups descending on Tulsa with plans to cause mayhem.

We'll see how it winds up but I don't know how any sane person could look at this situation and no acknowledge that Trump supporters are by and large peaceful, law biding citizens and it's "the left" that is violent and fascist. I know "the left" is a broad term and I don't want to engage in wholesale smears but I think everyone knows what I mean.

Re: Here we go again. Trump Rally in Tulsa

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Looks like violent left leaning groups descending on Tulsa with plans to cause mayhem.

We'll see how it winds up but I don't know how any sane person could look at this situation and no acknowledge that Trump supporters are by and large peaceful, law biding citizens and it's "the left" that is violent and fascist. I know "the left" is a broad term and I don't want to engage in wholesale smears but I think everyone knows what I mean.
    This crap is getting out of hand. How is is that for one side, it is okay to ignore all social distancing, have nearly 60% of your protests end in rioting and looting, and having people attack random civilians. For the other side, they are organizing an event, with proper permits, using social distancing measures, will result in absolutely zero rioting and looting... and the latter is the "divisive bad guys".
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

Blog Entries

What are the gun laws in Oklahoma? Open or concealed carry?

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    What are the gun laws in Oklahoma? Open or concealed carry?
    I don't know. Not my are of expertise. I'm just commenting on our current state of politics. I think this is not Trump related but will be a permanent part of our landscape -> violent protests against Republican candidates can be expected indefinitely. This is not something that should be tolerated, justified or excused.

I don't know. Not my are of expertise. I'm just commenting on our current state of politics. I think this is not Trump related but will be a permanent part of our landscape -> violent protests against Republican candidates can be expected indefinitely. This is not something that should be tolerated, justified or excused.
    Since these people were given permission in all of the Democrat cities that burned...they expect to be given permission wherever they go.

It's happening because lawmakers in these hellholes are allowing it to happen. Period. It will stop happening as soon the government in these cities/states stop it from happening. This isn't a difficult problem to solve if the political leaders want to solve it. Hint: they don't.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    Since these people were given permission in all of the Democrat cities that burned...they expect to be given permission wherever they go.

It's happening because lawmakers in these hellholes are allowing it to happen. Period. It will stop happening as soon the government in these cities/states stop it from happening. This isn't a difficult problem to solve if the political leaders want to solve it. Hint: they don't.
    I just heard Trump say that these "protesters" won't be treated like they have been in NY, Seattle, etc. Sounds like shit may be brewing.

I just heard Trump say that these "protesters" won't be treated like they have been in NY, Seattle, etc. Sounds like shit may be brewing.
    Good.

If they protest...who cares?

If they attack anyone or try to destroy anything...the Tulsa PD better do their job.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    Good.

If they protest...who cares?

If they attack anyone or try to destroy anything...the Tulsa PD better do their job.
    You know Antifa and the rest will be looking to stir things up. George Soros will open his wallet wide to fund the chaos. Why didn't they choose an outside venue to host this? just asking. Is Trump trying to prove that his supporters are not afraid of the virus? I think it's a mistake to hold it inside.

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    This crap is getting out of hand. How is is that for one side, it is okay to ignore all social distancing, have nearly 60% of your protests end in rioting and looting, and having people attack random civilians. For the other side, they are organizing an event, with proper permits, using social distancing measures, will result in absolutely zero rioting and looting... and the latter is the "divisive bad guys".
    I spotted the three paragraphs below on a website. These are not my beliefs by and large, however, this may provide an understanding of what others are thinking. Not asking for anyone to debate me on the below points - just pointing out what other people on the left (maybe even some on the right) think about the matter.

“I don’t support the looting and destruction...” - no one says you have to, but please stop acting like looting nullifies the entire protest. And definitely stop acting like looting is “just as bad.” That’s like comparing someone stealing your car to someone murdering your child. They’re not equally bad. Stop pretending they are. Police murdering black people in the street is definitely worse than robbing a Target.

“I really wish they would protest peacefully...” - of course you do. They’re easier to ignore that way. People of colour have been peacefully protesting for hundreds of years. It hasn’t been all that successful. The reason riots and violent demonstrations work is because it makes people — especially white people — uncomfortable. We can’t ignore them when they’re waving torches in our faces. It scares us. It puts us on edge, which is precisely where we need to be. People only pay attention to the extreme. If you have trouble recalling a single one of the hundreds of peaceful protests that BLM held across North America last year, but you can still recall, with crystal clarity, the 1992 Los Angeles riots, then you’ve just proved my point.

“You’re promoting violence and destruction, shame on you...”. - I don’t remember encouraging anyone to riot. I also don’t remember encouraging anyone to loot or commit arson. The truth is, looting and arson is certainly not my preferred form of protest. But it’s important to remember that protesters haven’t committed most of the violent behavior. Civil unrest tends to cause chaos and confusion. That chaos provides the perfect opportunity for poor-intentioned people to do poor-intentioned things. That doesn’t mean the civil unrest should stop. I don’t condone the violence. I just don’t think it should dominate the conversation. If you want to focus on the violence, try focusing on those officers who’ve killed POC in the street. You’re focusing on the wrong violence.

Quote Originally Posted by 2bynight View Post
    I spotted the three paragraphs below on a website. These are not my beliefs by and large, however, this may provide an understanding of what others are thinking. Not asking for anyone to debate me on the below points - just pointing out what other people on the left (maybe even some on the right) think about the matter.

“I really wish they would protest peacefully...” - of course you do. They’re easier to ignore that way. People of colour have been peacefully protesting for hundreds of years. It hasn’t been all that successful. The reason riots and violent demonstrations work is because it makes people — especially white people — uncomfortable.

“You’re promoting violence and destruction, shame on you...”. - I don’t remember encouraging anyone to riot. I also don’t remember encouraging anyone to loot or commit arson. The truth is, looting and arson is certainly not my preferred form of protest.

These two statements are not rationally reconcilable.

Blog Entries

You know Antifa and the rest will be looking to stir things up. George Soros will open his wallet wide to fund the chaos. Why didn't they choose an outside venue to host this? just asking. Is Trump trying to prove that his supporters are not afraid of the virus? I think it's a mistake to hold it inside.
    I don't think that's it as they are doing temperature checks, hand sanitizer and requiring mask.

Quote Originally Posted by 2bynight View Post

“I don’t support the looting and destruction...” - no one says you have to, but please stop acting like looting nullifies the entire protest. And definitely stop acting like looting is “just as bad.” That’s like comparing someone stealing your car to someone murdering your child. They’re not equally bad. Stop pretending they are. Police murdering black people in the street is definitely worse than robbing a Target.

“I really wish they would protest peacefully...” - of course you do. They’re easier to ignore that way. People of colour have been peacefully protesting for hundreds of years. It hasn’t been all that successful. The reason riots and violent demonstrations work is because it makes people — especially white people — uncomfortable. We can’t ignore them when they’re waving torches in our faces. It scares us. It puts us on edge, which is precisely where we need to be. People only pay attention to the extreme. If you have trouble recalling a single one of the hundreds of peaceful protests that BLM held across North America last year, but you can still recall, with crystal clarity, the 1992 Los Angeles riots, then you’ve just proved my point.

“You’re promoting violence and destruction, shame on you...”. - I don’t remember encouraging anyone to riot. I also don’t remember encouraging anyone to loot or commit arson. The truth is, looting and arson is certainly not my preferred form of protest. But it’s important to remember that protesters haven’t committed most of the violent behavior. Civil unrest tends to cause chaos and confusion. That chaos provides the perfect opportunity for poor-intentioned people to do poor-intentioned things. That doesn’t mean the civil unrest should stop. I don’t condone the violence. I just don’t think it should dominate the conversation. If you want to focus on the violence, try focusing on those officers who’ve killed POC in the street. You’re focusing on the wrong violence.
    Easy rebuttal: Name a conservative protest that even resulted in littering. They are labelled as "violent" and "dangerous" by the media.
    Now, I agree you cannot link the protests to the rioting and looting completely, but to act like they are completely unrelated? Get out of the chat if you believe that they are just happenstance.
    Equating, "Killing people in the street" is such a BS argument and it really pisses me off when people bring it up. You want to know why? Because of the rioting and looting over 50 people are dead. The protests must hold some accountability.

Basically... I view the protests currently as just idiots being told a fallacy that is easily proven false: Blacks are being killed by police in some sort of pandemic numbers. It isn't even close to true. Media and "Community Organizers" spread this lie to the mush-brained and uneducated in order to scare money out of their wallets.
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead