Page 9 of 240 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Re: A closer look at Miles Boykin

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Holy Mother of God.

OrgChaos, you are worth your weight in gold. This is AMAZING data.
    It helps explain a lot. As always, initial stats don't often tell the real story. I'm hoping this year he gets more opportunities without being the guy sacrificing against the most obstacles inhibiting more production in catches and yards.

Great information from you guys. I learned a great deal about receiving in this one thread

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    ... and that really undermines my view about how disappointing he was given his snap count.

I might be relying on one of the rookies looking like a superstar to save my skin.
    Been tryna tell ya!

Quote Originally Posted by BearArms View Post
    I learned a great deal about receiving in this one thread
    Me too!

I really appreciate the engagement with it. Between Ed's rubric & grades, and OC's big data, I got way more back from this thread than I put into it. Tip o' the cap.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    That is great stuff OC21 but it's making me feel a lot worse about being on the other side of a bet about Boykin's production this year. You've shown that the Ravens really did make him do everything the hard way and left him to it without much help and that really undermines my view about how disappointing he was given his snap count.
    I guess I must have been making it up when I said it? ;)

But, I get how seeing the 'data' makes it more real then someone saying it.

Either way its a win. Someone Boykin or DuVernay got to step up and earn those loose available targets.
    IF not Miles, DuVernay would have been my bet in a normal offseason.
    Last edited by edromeo; 07-29-2020 at 01:17 PM.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Blog Entries

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to organizedchaos21 again.
    Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    The play is at (Q1, 11:44). He throws to Hurst and picks up the first down. This play confused me because Hurst sat down right in front of the 3 LBs instead of continuing to the sideline, but it makes a lot more sense if the defense was in Cover 2 (CB has to drop with Snead's vertical and leaves a hole).

On a related note, what are the routes that Hurst and Andrews run? (The Ravens seem to run a lot of route Andrews run here in particular, at least in the sample I looked at).
    I think Hurst is running a drag and sits it down because he reads Cover-2 zone. But the CB wasn't squatting hard in the flat so Hurst did have room to keep running....I thought he 'sat it down' to early here.

Andrews looks like he's running a curl route but he throws in a jab step/fake stem before hooking it up. Against Cover-2 his middle curl draws attention from the inside triangle of zone defender it almost like an occupy/holding route for other receivers to get open. IF Hollywood throttles down between the right hash and the numbers OR is he angles towards the "20" yards number marker like a Corner route he would be open for a chunk.

I thought the route combos offered enough options that it would be a keeper(w/tweaks) to call against Cover-2:
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Blog Entries

This was the 1st pass last year completion to Hurst.

But look at the leftside WR at the top of the gif

Blog Entries

Boykin winning w/ a good release and quickly getting on top of the CB
    3rd down vs the Seahawks

Blog Entries

Baltimore Ravens practice observations, Day 2: Two young receivers come to life :

https://www.pennlive.com/baltimore-r...e-to-life.html

" Miles Boykin surged across the middle of the field during the early portion of a team drill at Tuesday’s practice and hauled in a pass from Baltimore Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson. A minute later, the second-year wide receiver ran a comeback route to create space from cornerback Jimmy Smith and made another catch.

In a 7-on-7 drill a short while after that, Boykin leapt over Marlon Humphrey along the right sideline to pull down his third reception in a short span, more than he totaled in all of Monday’s practice.

Boykin made his presence felt on the practice field."

... Bc

Blog Entries

Boykin is having a good start to training camp....just gotta maintain that confidence, keep stacking plays, then days of consistent performance.

https://russellstreetreport.com/2020...uts-on-a-show/

Focusing primarily on Boykin’s reception over Dorsey, I saw the improvements I’ve been hoping to see in Boykin in his second season: physicality off the line using his hands, what was essentially a swim move over the smaller Dorsey (5′ 9″), a break towards the corner of the end zone, clean hands on the ball, and a toe-tap to get two feet in bounds.

While that was an absolute clinic of a rep by Boykin, his biggest play of the day (albeit, under the radar) came about halfway through practice against Marlon Humphrey. Boykin came out of the snap, used his inside hand to jam Hump, then cut inside on a slant which was wide open for Lamar Jackson to hit his second-year wide receiver. Those little moves were not a steady part of Boykin’s repertoire in 2019, but seeing him utilizing his size and length to create separation is a welcomed sight for the potential starting wideout.
    Another article:
    https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news...bryant-signing

If we hit on both Hollywood AND Boykin out of that draft, our Offense is gonna be ridiculous, because we're 4-deep at RB, with a freight train in Ricard leading the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    If we hit on both Hollywood AND Boykin out of that draft, our Offense is gonna be ridiculous, because we're 4-deep at RB, with a freight train in Ricard leading the way.
    And a Pro Bowl TE.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    I think Duvernay could also add a diffrent sprinkle to our offense. Just think 3 WRs in 2 drafts.