Page 15 of 240 FirstFirst ... 1314151617 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: A closer look at Miles Boykin

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    Because they were boring/inconsequential.

(Q4, 14:20), 2nd & 10 (don't have the numbers on hand, but I believe it's very rare for Boykin to be in motion).

(Q4, 08:30), 3rd & 27 (I also feel like Boykin leaves his feet to secure the catch more often than he should. Examples from memory include CLE1 TD last year and a catch against TEN).

Interesting to see them use Miles as the jet motion guy, i think he'll still be the "X" more often then not though.

We talked about it last year season or offseason, how Miles had the tendency to go the ground when making catch unnecessarily. You mentioned the CLE, but there was also the sideline comeback vs the Zona, and JETs TD.

For me the three areas that will be the make or break differences are related to finishing catch process after the break.
    -be aggressive out of the break and drive/explode to the ball {may need to focus on chopping his feet more or shortening up stride length out breaks}
    -don't unnecessarily dive/lunge or leave your feet in the catch completion process....keep your legs/feet firing and accelerate all the way through and to the ball, let your legs get your arms/ hands to the ball
    -mentality: he's got to go after the catch w/ more confidence, desperation? want to? ownership? passion? desire? ferocity? dog?
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    If he repeated his performance Sunday every week he’d be at 48/592 on the season. Throw in a couple TDs and I’d take that all day given his role on the team.
    Good point. Imagine if he would have made that RZ, endzone opportunity. So much potential (DK Metcalf-esque) w/ Miles but he's so raw that he might not maximize it til next year if at all. But, I definitely still have faith and high expectations for Miles this season.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    Did he spend time in FL with Lamar during the offseason?
    One trip, he said in an interview.

I believe Lamar said there were two group get-togethers, before covid shut them down for the offseason.

Boykin's been snakebit with OTAs. He missed last year's due to a hammy. This year cancelled for covid.

4. Re: A closer look at Miles Boykin

Q1, 05:34, 2nd & 9.

First of career-high 5 targets for Boykin. Looks to me like Lamar decided to go to 80 pre snap. A lot of space, no safety, no LB outside the hash. Boykin hits the backside slant for 14. Plus, he runs through the catch!
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Blog Entries

4/38 today, keeping on pace for a 48ish/592ish season. He’s contributing via the pass and doing nice work as a blocker, no complaints from me on MB’s development so far.

6. Re: A closer look at Miles Boykin

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    4/38 today, keeping on pace for a 48ish/592ish season. He’s contributing via the pass and doing nice work as a blocker, no complaints from me on MB’s development so far.
    He's a great 3rd option imo. As you point out, willing to do the hard work when called upon. As someone upthread pointed out (ed maybe?), he's there when teams overplay Andrews and Brown.

That 5th target today? He's open on a curl, but Watt knocks it down (Q4, 13:26). Otherwise, 5 catches on 5 targets for ~45. It's another backside look, on 1st & 10 this time. Ricard motions across, so it's 2x2 rather than 3x1. I'm guessing they knew they could attack this corner (whoever it is).
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    One trip, he said in an interview.

I believe Lamar said there were two group get-togethers, before covid shut them down for the offseason.

Boykin's been snakebit with OTAs. He missed last year's due to a hammy. This year cancelled for covid.
    lol keep it up

I am starting to trust him.more lol

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    Q1, 05:34, 2nd & 9.

First of career-high 5 targets for Boykin. Looks to me like Lamar decided to go to 80 pre snap. A lot of space, no safety, no LB outside the hash. Boykin hits the backside slant for 14. Plus, he runs through the catch!
    The timing and ball placement:between Lamar and Boykin was much better on this slant then last week.

QB-3rd step out of the break, put the ball 'on' the receiver
    WR-accelerate through the first 3 steps of your break don't slow down

Blog Entries

Play-action "spot" route

Interesting note: this is not a full field read but rather a pre-snap 'choice' with 2 different concepts on each side of the field
    And Lamar chose the (R) side read w/ Boykin as opposed to the (L) side read w/ Hollywood who turned out to be wide open

Blog Entries

The next step for Miles.

A look at a couple of open non-targets:

Boykin open for the curl top left near sideline- target/catch went to Andrews

Mirrored route flat(hitch/short curl) on the outside and slot corner routes {SMASH}

Lamar misses throw high to Hollywood by the (R) pylon.
    From the TV feed Miles looks equally open from the (L) slot.

12. Re: A closer look at Miles Boykin

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Lamar misses throw high to Hollywood by the (R) pylon.
    From the TV feed Miles looks equally open from the (L) slot.