Page 179 of 240 FirstFirst ... 177178179180181 ... LastLast
Results 2,137 to 2,148 of 2872
    Blog Entries

Re: A closer look at Miles Boykin

Seriously... the thing just keeps coming back to life.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable1 View Post
    Sure, I'm interested.

I can't say that I have a dog in this fight. Nor, however, can I say that I like reading stats. But I'm willing to learn something that I think would help make the Miles Matter clearer.
    I don't actually have a preference in this thing either. I lied I do have preference and that's for accurate assessment.

I don't know how much you've looked around or through this thread.
    JimZipCode started this thread as filmstudy/breakdown on every Miles Boykin snap and i joined the discussion since were both football film nerds/Ravens geeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable1 View Post
    Perhaps I don't realize what I'm walking into. Nevertheless....

Are there any stats pertaining to plays designed for Boykin to be the #1 Target/First Read? How does he do on those plays? How do those number compare to Hollywood or to Brandin Cooks, or Mike Williams or to any other #2 receiver?
    I don't know a place that parses out the bolded you mentioned above.

Jim and I have compiled quite a bit of data though (like i said nerds)

But, here are some links to all Boykins 2020 targets/some open non-targets (gif sprinkled throughout this thread), receptions (youtube) and non-targets (youtube):

Gifs catalogue:
    https://forum.russellstreetreport.co...98#post2065798

https://forum.russellstreetreport.co...02#post2065802

Receptions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpMTP-TJlNk

Non-targets:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUMVNVw5_pg&t=24s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb2NBbYHQdY

Also there is a chart of advanced stats for Ravens receivers from 2020 and one chart that isolates Boykin vs board favorite Chase Claypool:

Advanced Stats Courtesy of:
    https://www.playerprofiler.com/

Metrics SammyW Brown Andrews Boykin Snead Duvernay Boyle
    Target Share 14%(84th) 25.2%(12th) 24.9%
    (3rd)
    10.5% 14.2
    (78th)
    7.1% 7.2%
    Target
    Rate
    17%
    (124th)
    23.1%
    (58th)
    26.9%
    (35th)
    14.5% 18.6%
    (119th)
    14% 14.7%
    YPRR 1.28
    (88th)
    (47th)
    (5th)
    1.17 1.67
    (58th)
    1.08 0.97
    Catchable
    Target%
    76.4%(42tgts) 71.7%(71tgts) 77.5%(69tgts) 66.7%(15tgts) 83.3%(40tgts) 80.8%(21tgts) 82.2%(15tgts)
    Target
    Quality
    5.0 (19th) 5.6 (59th) 5.7 (11th) 4.4 5.9 (37th) 4.7 4.8
    Catch
    Rate
    67.3%(44th) 58.6%(83rd) 65.2%(23rd) 57.6% 68.8%(36th) 76.9% 82.4%
    True
    Catch Rate
    88.1%(33hrd) 81.7%(78th) 84.1%(29th) 86.4% 82.5%(75th) 95.2% 93.3%
    Target
    Accuracy
    7.14%(63rd) 6.82%(86th) 7.28%(19th) 6.14% 7.40%(36th) 6.73% 7.06%
    Target
    Separation
    2.18(5th) 1.87(24th) 1.69(11th) 1.65 2.19(3rd) 1.27 1.56
    Drop% 5.5%(35th) 6.1%(35th) 3.4%(30th) 3.0% 12.5%(3rd) 3.8% 0%

Target Share – measures the percentage of all passing targets directed at a particular wide receiver or tight end in games that that receiver was involved in the passing attack.

Target Rate – Ratio of total targets to total routes run by running backs, wide receivers, and tight ends.

Target Quality – combines catchable targets with average target depth putting a premium on deep, catchable targets and
    discounting shorter, uncatchable passes.

Catch Rate – captures a player’s ability to secure to secure the football in all situations regardless of the level of difficulty by dividing the total receptions by total targets.

True Catch Rate – reception percentage based solely on catchable targets.

Accuracy Rating grades the accuracy each of throw on a 1-10 scale. 1-3 representing the most errand throw, 4-7 representing throws in some range of catchable but sub-optimal, and 8-10 representing the most pinpoint passes allowing receivers to convert receptions and gain yards after the catch. Quarterbacks with Accuracy Ratings above 6.0 are considered highly accurate, and those below 4.0 are considered highly inaccurate.

Target Separation – A receiver’s average yards of separation from his assigned defender at the moment the pass arrives.

Anyhow here's a look at the counting stats:
    Claypool Yards Per Catch 14.1 -- 7 tds--62 rec--873 yards
    Boykin Yards Per Catch 14.0 -- 4 tds--19 rec--266 yards

But the advanced stats show how similar they really are and how favorably Miles matches up with him.

Advanced Stats Courtesy of:

Metrics Claypool Boykin
    Target Share 16.7%(58th) 10.5%
    Target
    Rate
    25.2%
    (38th)
    14.5%
    YPRR 1.99
    (26th)
    Catchable
    Target%
    70.6%(77tgts) 66.7%(15tgts)
    Target
    Quality
    5.6 (58th) 4.4
    Catch
    Rate
    56.9%(77tgts) 57.6%(22tgts)
    True
    Catch Rate
    80.5%(82nd) 86.4%
    Target
    Accuracy
    7.16%(60th) 6.14%
    Target
    Separation
    1.15(99th) 1.65
    Drop% 4.6%(53rd) 3.0%
    Last edited by edromeo; 05-14-2021 at 06:56 PM.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Blog Entries

oh no!!

lol never mind. Ken posted on twitter that he got released but I’m afraid Ken fell for a fake account and myself as well by proxy. Oh well, seems inevitable anyway.0

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    oh no!!

lol never mind. Ken posted on twitter that he got released but I’m afraid Ken fell for a fake account and myself as well by proxy. Oh well, seems inevitable anyway.0

I was told this was the best thread ever...just wanted to make sure I was included for historical purposes. The equivalent of writing "Rygar was here"...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    I was told this was the best thread ever...just wanted to make sure I was included for historical purposes. The equivalent of writing "Rygar was here"...
    Gotta have a little more panache now that I rule this wasteland of a thread!

LOL we’re resurrecting this tire fire?

Ed ain’t taking the bait. Boykin is sinking like the Titanic and he probably put us all on ignore as a result. I mean, the guy would call people pathetic and attack character over Miles fucking Boykin, he’s not going to eat crow. I’ll never forget when he said “that’s low, even for you” in response to a fucking meme 💀

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Gotta have a little more panache now that I rule this wasteland of a thread!

Awesome shout out there Cap!

I still play it during holidays when the kids let me have some time on the Nintendo Switch. I usually spin it up the day before Thanksgiving when I'm up late baking pies and stuff. It's so crazy to me how much I suck at the original side-scrolling game now. I used to rule that damn thing!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    I mean, the guy would call people pathetic and attack character
    Nope not true at all, the personal attacks came from you guys. The only issue I had with the Miles discussion was the constant and purposeful misrepresentation that you guys engaged in. But, a lie doesn't care who tells it. I just wanted to talk about the plays.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Awesome shout out there Cap!

I still play it during holidays when the kids let me have some time on the Nintendo Switch. I usually spin it up the day before Thanksgiving when I'm up late baking pies and stuff. It's so crazy to me how much I suck at the original side-scrolling game now. I used to rule that damn thing!
    Got to love the oldschool stuff. Checkout https://www.retrogames.cc/

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Nope not true at all, the personal attacks came from you guys. The only issue I had with the Miles discussion was the constant and purposeful misrepresentation that you guys engaged in. But, a lie doesn't care who tells it. I just wanted to talk about the plays.
    Bro ain't nobody got any hate for you save for your take that Miles Blocker, I mean Boykin is a stud. If we didn't like you we would ignore you. Some of the stuff you do is fantastic.

For as much as people talk about Ed discussing Boykin, he's rarely been the first one to mention Miles. Y'all act like you can't wait to mention Boykin any small chance you get. I don't get it.