Page 242 of 242 FirstFirst ... 240241242
Results 2,893 to 2,900 of 2900

Re: A closer look at Miles Boykin

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    I was never a Boykin fan when he was drafted. Well, more precisely, I never bought into the hype.

Still, I feel like he has been unfairly viewed by many Ravens fans.

The NFL "hit" rate on first round wide receivers is 27%. Boykin was a third round draft pick.

Some here talked him up as a future star, and once he was unfairly placed on that pedestal it was a set-up for a whole lot of disappointment. It's less about his "failure" and more about our unjustified expectations.
    Sure, players fail. But then it's okay to acknowledge that they fail. 73% of first round receivers miss. But that doesn't mean Brashad Perriman was any less of a disappointment. He was one of those "fail" guys. A great baseball player makes an out 60% of the time. But that doesn't mean he didn't make an out. He was a failure in that at bat.

Long way of saying Boykin was/is a failure. If you were expecting him to be the next Jerry Rice, then yeah, your expectations were too high. But if you were expecting a 3rd round receiver to be a contributing part of the passing game -- at least a WR3, getting maybe 500 yards and a few TDs -- that's more than reasonable.

To date, he still doesn't have 500 yards *in his career* and he's not even playing WR anymore.

Look at Isaac, Walker, and Tampa. There's a really good shot at least one of them will be a complete bust, and end up playing exclusively special teams or be out of the league in a couple years. But is that what you are expecting from them right now? I expect Isaac to be a rotational pass rusher, and get a couple sacks this year. I expect Walker to get in at least some packages, make some catches, score some points, and contribute to the offense. I expect Tampa to be a starting CB before his rookie contract is over.

That's not unreasonable. If that's not what you're expecting when you pick these guys, you shouldn't be picking them.
    Last edited by HotInHere; 05-24-2024 at 11:58 AM.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Crazy this thread is almost 4 years old and 242 pages deep

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Crazy this thread is almost 4 years old and 242 pages deep

Apparently Boykin is on the Giants now? Weak depth chart maybe he gets on the field. I look forward to the GIFs

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Apparently Boykin is on the Giants now? Weak depth chart maybe he gets on the field. I look forward to the GIFs
    You realize Daniel Jones will keep him out of the Hall of Fame now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    A true professional brings his skills to where ever they are needed. Here's Boykin on the way to New York :

... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Nice deep cut there

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    A true professional brings his skills to where ever they are needed. Here's Boykin on the way to New York :

... Bc
    As our local source, we'll be relying on you to let us know if he does anything.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk