Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Most DC police thinking of quitting

Quote Originally Posted by ddr_jr View Post
    The part I think you are missing is this. I believe it is true for the folks who aren't from these urban areas not wanting to deal with things. For instance, you have a person who lives in Westminster who wants no parts of the police department in Baltimore..given the current climate. Where as there are folks who are from these areas and have a personal investment in making it better. They'll take the job.

The guy from Westminster isn't familiar with the culture and other subtleties require to be successful. My uncle was a cop and he talked about this all the time. These guys from out in far counties have tenure and are holding these positions as city cops.. due to this, it's only so many you can hire within the community.

I'll still say, if they want to quit. Quit. It opens up opportunities. The only reason why I have my seats where I have them at the stadium is because of the folks who's feelings were hurt with the "kneeling". There was a sell off, and I swooped in and picked them up. Same will happen when the cops quit.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    That's certainly possible. But you're also going to get the people watching what's going on now and aren't happy who will join to lay down the law and prove a point.

Either way, I don't think cops should have to deal with the way things currently are. If it's unfair to treat people a certain way, it's also unfair to people who are cops. Just because they are cops doesn't mean they're not people, the badge doesn't suddenly and magically dehumanize them.

The part I think you are missing is this. I believe it is true for the folks who aren't from these urban areas not wanting to deal with things. For instance, you have a person who lives in Westminster who wants no parts of the police department in Baltimore..given the current climate. Where as there are folks who are from these areas and have a personal investment in making it better. They'll take the job.

The guy from Westminster isn't familiar with the culture and other subtleties require to be successful. My uncle was a cop and he talked about this all the time. These guys from out in far counties have tenure and are holding these positions as city cops.. due to this, it's only so many you can hire within the community.

I'll still say, if they want to quit. Quit. It opens up opportunities. The only reason why I have my seats where I have them at the stadium is because of the folks who's feelings were hurt with the "kneeling". There was a sell off, and I swooped in and picked them up. Same will happen when the cops quit.

And when those new and improved cops have the same problem as the current cops? How do you think the new cops are gonna like having to let the mob run wild??? Are they going to like getting no help from the high crime areas they are meant to police?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    Well, that is the burden of becoming a policeman. The power of life and death is in your hands. You are held to a higher responsibility than others.
    All I’m going to say, is that at some point, some of those protesting are going to have to lead by example and put the uniform on. People are not forced to become Officers. They sign up. So once the bad apples are gone, someone will have to replace them. Especially in departments that are already under-manned.

Everyone can’t just come out, protest, and then go home to watch their favorite show.

Now the culture built against whistleblowers, from within, absolutely needs to change with this reform. However, once it does, if it does, you still need people willing to put on the uniform.

That is one reason why this problem has persisted to this day. We get these protests, but then no one wants to step up. They just want someone else to deal with it. Qualified people don’t want the jobs, and the criminal element, among others, basically say, “Y’all don’t want the jobs? We’ll put our people in there once they lower requirements to get in”, out of desperation for bodies, because everyone wants to protest but no one wants to lead by example.

In case anyone is wondering, there has never been a long line of Qualified, educated applicants lining up for the job. That has been a huge part of not getting the larger problem fixed.

After all of this, while I understand the frustration of the people because we’ve been trying to talk to people about these issues for years and they didn’t want to hear it. Now that video is coming out some are acting like this is isolated and we’re trying to say, no, there’s a lot more that isn’t being caught. This is a deep, deep-seeded issue.

Part of the reason those issues persist is because for all of these people protesting, those who are young, educated and capable, are not signing up to the jobs to fill the spots, lead by example and truly create that change.
    Last edited by The Excellector; 06-19-2020 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Qualified people don’t want the jobs, and the criminal element, among others, basically say, “Y’all don’t want the jobs? We’ll put our people in there once they lower requirements to get in, out of desperation for bodies, because everyone wants to protest but no one wants to lead by example.
    As good and decent people leave the police force because all cops are currently being unjustly villified...do you think it will result in better hires by police departments or worse?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    As good and decent people leave the police force because all cops are currently being unjustly villified...do you think it will result in better hires by police departments or worse?
    That is up to this younger generation. I have my doubts, but I’ll keep my hope.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    That is up to this younger generation. I have my doubts, but I’ll keep my hope.
    What do you think though?

Let's address what happened in Atlanta. Will that result in more qualified people stepping up to be on the police force or will it result in less qualified people?

If you had to pick one...which would it be?

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    All cops are not being villified. This is how this always starts. People can stay until they blue in the face that most cops are good. A few people say defund the police, that turns into ALL cops are villified. Just like Kap message was flipped to be about the military.

How can we move forward if both sides spew extremes.

Blog Entries

All cops are not being villified. This is how this always starts. People can stay until they blue in the face that most cops are good. A few people say defund the police, that turns into ALL cops are villified. Just like Kap message was flipped to be about the military.

I think it's cause the loudest most extreme voices are the ones we're hearing right now.

This is starting to remind me of 2016 all over again. Trump was so vilified no one wanted to say they were voting for him. Right now the loudest voices are vilifying the police and not many want to speak up cause they don't want to be next. While as of right now it's small in number there are people being fired for speaking out against BLM etc.

That's what they do down here. I've NEVER posted in extremes in any of my posts, but if you ask people, I somehow think:

1. Such and such hates ALL white people
    2. I'm vilifying ALL cops
    3. I hate ALL the republican
    4. EVERYONE who votes for Trump is a racist

It's insane bro.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    That's certainly possible. But you're also going to get the people watching what's going on now and aren't happy who will join to lay down the law and prove a point.

Either way, I don't think cops should have to deal with the way things currently are. If it's unfair to treat people a certain way, it's also unfair to people who are cops. Just because they are cops doesn't mean they're not people, the badge doesn't suddenly and magically dehumanize them.
    Again no one is dehumanizing all cops. But I understand the thought process. Those feelings folks have about cops being unfairly treated is similar to how some feel when they see on camera .... a cop killing someone.

If anyone on this site including me ever had a family member die over a police encounter...where the end result didn't equate to the offense...I'm sure folks would be singing a different time...

This is all about life. Just because you can..doesn't mean you should do. Why is it acceptable to shoot someone in the back if they are running away? Judgement calls are now acceptable to kill someone. And they have the law on their side to allow them to sleep at night. Black and white people being killed under questionable situations where the only punishment is desk duty. Take race out of this...this is a humanity issue....it's almost like folks are ok with the collateral damage as long as it doesn't land on their front step.

And these cops acting like it's the end of the world to get some effing oversight. When have any of these cops walked away from their jobs when a rouge, bad officer unjustly killed someone and was not procecuted? Never.

All cops are not being villified.
    Bullshit.

The anti-cop rhetoric that’s being pushed in MSM and in “celebrity-ville” is painting LEO’s as evil bigots who hunt innocent black people.

Blog Entries

Again no one is dehumanizing all cops. But I understand the thought process. Those feelings folks have about cops being unfairly treated is similar to how some feel when they see on camera .... a cop killing someone.

If anyone on this site including me ever had a family member die over a police encounter...where the end result didn't equate to the offense...I'm sure folks would be singing a different time...

This is all about life. Just because you can..doesn't mean you should do. Why is it acceptable to shoot someone in the back if they are running away? Judgement calls are now acceptable to kill someone. And they have the law on their side to allow them to sleep at night. Black and white people being killed under questionable situations where the only punishment is desk duty. Take race out of this...this is a humanity issue....it's almost like folks are ok with the collateral damage as long as it doesn't land on their front step.

And these cops acting like it's the end of the world to get some effing oversight. When have any of these cops walked away from their jobs when a rouge, bad officer unjustly killed someone and was not procecuted? Never.

I don't think that's why, at all. I think it's cause of things like - defund the police, cops being killed during the riots, police stations being surrendered at the order of mayors, DA's charging capital murder for a cop following the law for use of force.

I left a job a couple of years ago when the company started making bad decisions and I was being put in an awkward situation. Basically lie to my customer and keep my job, or tell the truth and lose the customer. So I left, I'm sure you've left a job too.

If you were a cop right now, would you put up with being criminally charged with CAPITAL MURDER for using justifiable use of force? I know I wouldn't.