Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Most DC police thinking of quitting

Quote Originally Posted by ddr_jr View Post
    True and agreed, most are good. Most people in the inner city are good. It's the hoodlums that make it bad for everyone else. The trickle down effect is that other citizens have to deal with profiling, assumptions, and mistakes by the cops. Why shouldn't it work the other way?

These cops need to man up. They expect the public to deal with it. What makes them different?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    I think the logic is flipped. It shouldn't be majority of inner city people are good and be expected to deal with being labeled bad because of a few hoodlums, so the cops should too.

It should be, the majority of inner city people are good and they shouldn't stand for being lumped in with the hoodlums, and neither should the cops.

If most of the good people in the inner city don't like being lumped in with the few hoodlums, we shouldn't expect most of the good cops to be okay with it either.

Let them quit. Hire new folks. They are acting like spoiled brats. Why can't they just adjust? They've had the scales titlted in their favor for years. Law and order Republicans are wanting change. They're trying to pass new laws. That's the way the world works. We wouldn't be here if they simply police themselves.

You need to realize the types of recruits you are going to wind up with are going to be worse than the cops out there now. No one in their right mind would want the job. Thus the ones you'll get won't be.

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    You need to realize the types of recruits you are going to wind up with are going to be worse than the cops out there now. No one in their right mind would want the job. Thus the ones you'll get won't be.
    The new recruits can't be any worse than this. Black people go through this every day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NqZnm7wQeg

or this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkVyUsaxhqE
    Last edited by bandc; 06-19-2020 at 11:57 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    The new recruits can't be any worse than this. Black people go through this every day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NqZnm7wQeg

or this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkVyUsaxhqE
    or this

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    or this

Of course there are good police interactions, but the problem is you have bozos walking the street like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9SZlypyK-4 who think a black man would go robbing a place by cleaning up the trash around the building.

Blog Entries

Of course there are good police interactions, but the problem is you have bozos walking the street like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9SZlypyK-4 who think a black man would go robbing a place by cleaning up the trash around the building.
    The point is you'll find whatever you're looking for. And clearly... you're searching hard to confirm something you believe.

The point is you'll find whatever you're looking for. And clearly... you're searching hard to confirm something you believe.
    Bro, what we are trying to say is that we don't have to search hard at all. The internet is filled with videos like this because it happens at such a ridiculous rate. Listen to what this cop said: "I can do anything I want. I'm a policeman"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0EHWgR6yVU

I think the logic is flipped. It shouldn't be majority of inner city people are good and be expected to deal with being labeled bad because of a few hoodlums, so the cops should too.

It should be, the majority of inner city people are good and they shouldn't stand for being lumped in with the hoodlums, and neither should the cops.

If most of the good people in the inner city don't like being lumped in with the few hoodlums, we shouldn't expect most of the good cops to be okay with it either.
    But that is the problem. The good cops arent doing their part to police the bad ones. This is why there is mistrust. They aren't standing up to the bad apples. They just chalk it up to collateral damage. People have had enough. That's why they in the street. It worked. GOP Senate and the president are bending to the people. The cops need to get over themselves and adjust. Their feelings are hurt, so they going to just walk off the job. Millions of us have to adjust to rules in or jobs and like. It's their right to quit, but they can be replaced. Life goes on.

Blog Entries

Bro, what we are trying to say is that we don't have to search hard at all. The internet is filled with videos like this because it happens at such a ridiculous rate. Listen to what this cop said: "I can do anything I want. I'm a policeman"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0EHWgR6yVU
    And I can search for people who like foots up their butt and find it just as easily. Doesn't mean so common that it's a "systemic problem".

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    To flip this a bit..this is the same argument liberals made about bottom of the barrel jobs that the immigrants took that nobody wanted. The conservative argument was that these jobs could be filled by minorites born in this country. I agree.

I'll profer that there are lots of folks would sign up to be cops if opportunities arose within there communities. Especially if it's done against the backdrop of reform and community policing.

Blog Entries

But that is the problem. The good cops arent doing their part to police the bad ones. This is why there is mistrust. They aren't standing up to the bad apples. They just chalk it up to collateral damage. People have had enough. That's why they in the street. It worked. GOP Senate and the president are bending to the people. The cops need to get over themselves and adjust. Their feelings are hurt, so they going to just walk off the job. Millions of us have to adjust to rules in or jobs and like. It's their right to quit, but they can be replaced. Life goes on.

The first statement is too definitive. It may be happening some places and maybe not in others. The second statement I don't believe to be true. You've got people who want to be cops now when things weren't terrible. Now you have the public hating them and the DA's charging them as criminals. Lets be honest, neither one of us would want that job, do we really think we'll replace them with better ones giving the current environment of being a police?

The first statement is too definitive. It may be happening some places and maybe not in others. The second statement I don't believe to be true. You've got people who want to be cops now when things weren't terrible. Now you have the public hating them and the DA's charging them as criminals. Lets be honest, neither one of us would want that job, do we really think we'll replace them with better ones giving the current environment of being a police?
    The part I think you are missing is this. I believe it is true for the folks who aren't from these urban areas not wanting to deal with things. For instance, you have a person who lives in Westminster who wants no parts of the police department in Baltimore..given the current climate. Where as there are folks who are from these areas and have a personal investment in making it better. They'll take the job.

The guy from Westminster isn't familiar with the culture and other subtleties require to be successful. My uncle was a cop and he talked about this all the time. These guys from out in far counties have tenure and are holding these positions as city cops.. due to this, it's only so many you can hire within the community.

I'll still say, if they want to quit. Quit. It opens up opportunities. The only reason why I have my seats where I have them at the stadium is because of the folks who's feelings were hurt with the "kneeling". There was a sell off, and I swooped in and picked them up. Same will happen when the cops quit.