Page 1 of 12 123 ... LastLast

Most DC police thinking of quitting

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ering-leaving/

The way they're being stigmatized over the actions of a small minority, plus new legislation (see above) which hamstrings them or puts them in more danger, might force them out.Police union survey says 71% of DC force considerig leaving.Wouldn't surprise me if most big cities don't have same problem. Many w/go to suburban or rural districts if jobs are available, thus improving safety for whites. And, they'd leave cities, thus decreasing safety for blacks. Thanks BLM!

Re: Most DC police thinking of quitting

Let them quit. Hire new folks. They are acting like spoiled brats. Why can't they just adjust? They've had the scales titlted in their favor for years. Law and order Republicans are wanting change. They're trying to pass new laws. That's the way the world works. We wouldn't be here if they simply police themselves.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ddr_jr View Post
    Let them quit. Hire new folks. They are acting like spoiled brats.

The cops are looting and rioting and burning stuff?

Holy smokes..

They've had the scales titlted in their favor for years.
    I think when an LEO looks at a scenario where he thinks a fellow LEO behaved reasonably and gets charged with murder with the potential for the death penalty, wanting to quit is rational, reasonable and to be expected.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    I think when an LEO looks at a scenario where he thinks a fellow LEO behaved reasonably and gets charged with murder with the potential for the death penalty, wanting to quit is rational, reasonable and to be expected.
    On the other hand, when a LEO looks at a scenario where he thinks a fellow LEO behaved unreasonably while choking a man to death, or turning off their camera, or planting drugs and does nothing and says nothing, new laws governing your behavior should be expected as well.

Blog Entries

Let them quit. Hire new folks. They are acting like spoiled brats. Why can't they just adjust? They've had the scales titlted in their favor for years. Law and order Republicans are wanting change. They're trying to pass new laws. That's the way the world works. We wouldn't be here if they simply police themselves.

Totally missed the point.

9/10 cops are good people that take their job seriously and give a shit.

All of these city officials are throwing them under the bus and making it harder to do their jobs - and this is a job that is already incredibly difficult and dangerous. When mayors and other politicians say we dont need cops or start firing/charging cops without due process, well, then this is what happens. Just look at Seattle and Portland. Cops out there aren't even responding to calls anymore and their citizens and politicians are getting a taste for what lawlessness looks like.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    On the other hand, when a LEO looks at a scenario where he thinks a fellow LEO behaved unreasonably while choking a man to death, or turning off their camera, or planting drugs and does nothing and says nothing, new laws governing your behavior should be expected as well.
    I think that's a reasonable position.

But I think we both know that politicians aren't interested in reasonable positions.

Politicians are interested in posing.

So what we'll get instead is outright dismissal of police forces, or charges against cops even when they aren't warranted, and pretending that criminals that get arrested are heroes.

That's just how we roll.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Totally missed the point.

9/10 cops are good people that take their job seriously and give a shit.

All of these city officials are throwing them under the bus and making it harder to do their jobs - and this is a job that is already incredibly difficult and dangerous. When mayors and other politicians say we dont need cops or start firing/charging cops without due process, well, then this is what happens. Just look at Seattle and Portland. Cops out there aren't even responding to calls anymore and their citizens and politicians are getting a taste for what lawlessness looks like.
    True and agreed, most are good. Most people in the inner city are good. It's the hoodlums that make it bad for everyone else. The trickle down effect is that other citizens have to deal with profiling, assumptions, and mistakes by the cops. Why shouldn't it work the other way?

These cops need to man up. They expect the public to deal with it. What makes them different?

This has nothing to do with the point I was trying to make and you are taking a lot of license there.

No one is going to want to be a police officer if that means the penalty for making a mistake is the electric chair and/or loss of freedom.

Especially when you and 95% of your peers all believe no mistake was made.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    This has nothing to do with the point I was trying to make and you are taking a lot of license there.

No one is going to want to be a police officer if that means the penalty for making a mistake is the electric chair and/or loss of freedom.

Especially when you and 95% of your peers all believe no mistake was made.
    Well, that is the burden of becoming a policeman. The power of life and death is in your hands. You are held to a higher responsibility than others.

Well, that is the burden of becoming a policeman. The power of life and death is in your hands. You are held to a higher responsibility than others.
    You are also at much, much greater risk of getting killed or injured doing your job, unlike us desk jockeys and armchair police who only have to worry about eating too many pieces of sheet cake in the break room.

Spoken like someone that has never managed people or been in a role of leadership.

Maybe if you did a ride along day with a cop, you would have some knowledge.

You know how blacks say “your not black, you have no idea what it’s like”. You aren’t a cop, you only know what the left media wants you to know