Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Mo Gaba

Re: Mo Gaba

Sorry for your loss Raven nation. My condolences.

Mo is currently able to walk and see, kicking it up there with Frank Robinson. He was such a special kid. I’m heartbroken.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Mo is currently able to walk and see, kicking it up there with Frank Robinson. He was such a special kid. I’m heartbroken.
    This is a comforting sentiment.

The Athletic posted an overpowering story on Mo, written by Brittany Ghiroli and Jeff Zrebiec.

One snippet in particular struck me, about former Orioles pitcher Zach Britton coming back to town as a Yankee. He noted an incredible purple and orange sunset that he'd never seen in Baltimore before. Within minutes he picked up his phone and saw a message that Mo had passed.

The Yankee PR guy took this photo within an hour of Mo's death.

The story relates Britton's reaction...

“I was like, ‘Holy shit,’” said Britton, who immediately sent the sunset photo and the story to his former teammate and current Orioles slugger Trey Mancini. “Whatever you believe in, I don’t know. Sometimes there’s just signs that something bigger happened. That he’s in a better place, maybe that was the sign for me.”

RIP Mighty warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    The Athletic posted an overpowering story on Mo, written by Brittany Ghiroli and Jeff Zrebiec.

One snippet in particular struck me, about former Orioles pitcher Zach Britton coming back to town as a Yankee. He noted an incredible purple and orange sunset that he'd never seen in Baltimore before. Within minutes he picked up his phone and saw a message that Mo had passed.

That's a wonderfully written story. Mo was/is a treasure.

Blog Entries

What an incredible line from Britton. Overwhelmingly powerful stuff.
    God, Family, Country, Orioles Baseball, Ravens Football

As sighted individuals able to see the games of baseball and football being actually played - we can never comprehend how Mo had to have visualized those games in his mind - without EVER having seen the games played.

How does on describe such games so that the make sense to one that is unable to actually SEE the what is being described.

Now Mo is in the position to see what he never could in life.

RIP Mo!

Here's a link to the story.

Most of The Athletic is behind a paywall, but this story is open to all:

https://theathletic.com/1989076/2020...rallied-a-city

This young man was such an incredible light and inspiration. Saying he’ll be missed is a huge understatement but few leave marks on people like he did. Rest in Paradise Mo!
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Thats absolutely amazing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zach Britton to Trey Mancini
    Whatever you believe in, I don’t know. Sometimes there’s just signs that something bigger happened. That he’s in a better place, maybe that was the sign for me.
    I will wager that even among those of us who do not believe in the prospect of a life after this one, many if not most would very much want this to be so. Including me.