Here's the article from The Sun:

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/...rfm-story.html

Re: Mo Gaba

RIP Mo!!!! You will be sorely missed!
    Ravens Nest #1, Harford County

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk View Post
    This is what sports is supposed to do, good job indeed.

RIP Mo, and prayers for your family.

4. Re: Mo Gaba

Got to say my heart sank when I heard the news. I was unaware that Mo had cancer until just a few years ago when I hadn't heard him on the show for awhile and I thought I had just missed him or something then someone called and asked about him and they mentioned that he was under going treatment. That kid went through a lot but he had a hell of an outlook on life. I'm going to miss hearing him.

Blog Entries

RIP, Mo. You were one of the greats.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

RIP to mo!

Baltimore’s #1 fan

So young! May he RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Atari View Post
    Got to say my heart sank when I heard the news. I was unaware that Mo had cancer until just a few years ago when I hadn't heard him on the show for awhile and I thought I had just missed him or something then someone called and asked about him and they mentioned that he was under going treatment. That kid went through a lot but he had a hell of an outlook on life. I'm going to miss hearing him.
    Same. I listened to Mo call in for years to radio shows and I had no idea what he was battling until a couple years ago. Rest in peace Mo and you will be missed.

Blog Entries

Mo, you deserved a better life then you received, but you never complained about the unfair hand you were dealt. You fought your cancer like a Raven. You, sir, are a true hero. RIP little Mo. You will be missed by many, many people who didn't know you personally, but were deeply touched by your courage and love of life.

Quote Originally Posted by GA_Baltimorean View Post
    I would love to see a Mo patch or decal for him this season. RIP young man.
    Agreed. RIP Mo.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Mo, you deserved a better life then you received, but you never complained about the unfair hand you were dealt. You fought your cancer like a Raven. You, sir, are a true hero. RIP little Mo. You will be missed by many, many people who didn't know you personally, but were deeply touched by your courage and love of life.
    Well said Sir. I deeply second these thoughts. Rest easy young man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mo Gaba.

His name will forever hold a special place in the heart of Baltimore. And he earned it. He was an angel on Earth with an incredibly infectious laugh and an uncommonly positive outlook on life, despite challenges that seemed cruel and unfair for a child who harbored such enthusiasm.

No one is more responsible for bringing Mo’s story to the forefront of our collective consciousness than 105.7 The Fan’s Jeremy Conn. The bond that the two shared was remarkable. It was genuine. It was love in its purest form.

From his earliest days, Mo was dealt a brutal hand. A brain tumor cost him his vision when he was just a few months old. He battled cancer of the lungs and brain. He was in and out of hospitals often. Medicated frequently to subside pain. Yet he never lost his insatiable zest for life, sparked by an optimism that belied his suffering.

Sonsy Gaba is Mo’s spiritual soulmate. She’s extraordinary, just like her son. When you look into her loving eyes they are like portals to an amazing soul. Her love is as uncommon as Mo’s unparalleled vibrancy. Her gift to the world was Mo and Mo was a gift to us all.

How can anyone not marvel at a 14-year-old boy, whose physical development was that of an 8-year-old, a body ravaged by cancer and blind for nearly all of his life? For Mo, every day was a gift! He couldn’t see, yet his outlook on the joy of living was 20/20.

Last week, I checked in with Jeremy to see how Mo was doing. I knew that the prognosis was not good. Jeremy told me that Mo apologized to Sonsy because he was dying.

Let that sink in…

Mo Gaba will never be forgotten. He inspired us all to be the decent, caring, happy people we’re all capable of being. Even though he never saw it, Mo set that bar. He set it high. Now it’s up to those Mo left behind to reach for it.

No more darkness Mo. No more pain. No more medicine. No more hospital visits. Only light and love in the arms of your Maker.

Heaven just acquired the brightest of angels.
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi