Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Renewed interest in Kaepernick?

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    This is often said, but I've never seen a shred of evidence to support it.

You can't be out of football for three seasons and have a legitimate claim on "starter money".

Maaaayyyyybbeee a nice package of incentives. Like, if Kaep were to win SB MVP for Baltimore, Earl Morrall -style, I would be happy if his (hypothetical) contract included a sweet bonus for that. More than happy.

Anyone know what Vick signed with Philly for, when he got out of prison way back when? Similar absence-length at similar ages for similar-caliber QBs.
    Here is a shred:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/j...mits-key-fact/

Here is another shred:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...cause-of-money

Blog Entries

Sounds like he will get picked up by some team - and they will be celebrated. I think the Panthers makes a ton of sense

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Please tell me this is a joke...

RG3 was better than Kaep 3 years ago, before Kaep became a circus sideshow and sat out 3 years!!!

Even setting aside how his Gf burned the bridge and he’s not worth the headache, he adds NOTHING to the field. Is he the 4th or 5th best AqB in Baltimore if he’s brought in? I’m not sure, but not likely in the top 3... zero chance he earns a back up spot over RG3... so what’s the point? Are you looking for a PR nightmare to ruin team chemistry? You are not a fan of the team?
    There's so much in this to disagree with I hardly know where to start.

Outwith his rookie season, RG3 has never been better than Kaep. Even if you, wrongly, think RG3 is better there's hardly "zero chance" Kaep could win the back up job. You must admit that it's at least close enough that it would be somewhat a competition, so why not let them compete?

The notion that Kaep became "a circus sideshow" puts you on the wrong side of history. Almost no-one ascribes to this view now. Not the NFL. Not the entire Ravens organisation, including Bisciotti, who just put out a statement supporting Kaepernicks aims. Not Drew Brees. Not even most Republican politicians.

Anybody who would be upset by bringing Kaep into the Ravens, creating a "PR nightmare" have already been upset by Goodell, the Ravens and the rest of the world saying "Black Lives Matter." If that cause angers you, you're already going to be angry.

Rather than" ruining team chemistry", most players admire Kaep for making the stand he did. Having him in the building would boost the team chemistry, if anything.

If you're going to hold Kaep responsible for something his girlfriend posted, why not hold Ricard responsible for something, far worse, that he himself posted? I know he was young. I hope he's learned and moved on and his team mates have forgiven him but why won't you allow Kaep to move on from his girlfriend's post?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    I don't know about the Broncos situation but Carroll came out a while back and said the reports that Kaepernick wanted too much money were not true.

"He said what he’s always said: The Seahawks didn’t sign Kaepernick back then because, basically, he was too good. Carroll felt he deserved a chance to showcase himself as a starter, and of course the Seahawks had a firmly ensconced starter in Russell Wilson."

Just googled the Broncos situation. He was due $11.9 million for the season, Denver offered $7 million and wanted Kaepernick to give up the rest, he refused. That's not asking for too much money - just refusing to give up $5 million for the joy of playing for the Broncos rather than the 49ers, and it tells us nothing about his contract demands as a free agent.
    Last edited by QtR Nevermore; 06-13-2020 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    If you're going to hold Kaep responsible for something his girlfriend posted, why not hold Ricard responsible for something, far worse, that he himself posted? I know he was young. I hope he's learned and moved on and his team mates have forgiven him but why won't you allow Kaep to move on from his girlfriend's post?
    To this last point, the difference is that Ricard acknowledged and apologized. I never heard Kap utter one word about that tweet. Not, "hey, that's my girlfriend's opinion, she's entitled to it, I disagree." He doesn't have a problem publicly expressing his views, and yet I haven't seen one word from him about it. Silence is acceptance, no?
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    The last season Kaep played he went 1-10 because he wouldn’t get rid of the damn ball and go sacked repeatedly... the year before was even worse because he was also coughing the ball ip constantly.
    He went 1-10 because he had the worst defense in the league, who gave up 30 points a game. He ranked about 24th in the league that season, which fit with the eye test, as I recall. He was a low level starter/high end back up.

Maybe he has regressed since then, who knows? If you're saying he wasn't good enough to be a back up somewhere, you're trying to rewrite history.

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    To this last point, the difference is that Ricard acknowledged and apologized. I never heard Kap utter one word about that tweet. Not, "hey, that's my girlfriend's opinion, she's entitled to it, I disagree." He doesn't have a problem publicly expressing his views, and yet I haven't seen one word from him about it. Silence is acceptance, no?
    He actually hasn't expressed his opinions that often because he's been trying to get back in the league. I'm sure he would if he was going to join the Ravens. Maybe he did agree with the post. Maybe he thought Bisciotti was against the move because of fear of a racist backlash. Maybe he will speak now that Bisciotti has shown that it isn't true and he's on the right side of the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by John Reglarperson View Post
    Cam Newton is still available. Cam Newton is closer to being great - timewise - than Kaepernick. It has been suggested that Cam Newton would be pretty cheap.
    Of course Cam is better but he won't come into a situation where he has no prospect of becoming the starter, even if he is cheap.

He actually hasn't expressed his opinions that often because he's been trying to get back in the league. I'm sure he would if he was going to join the Ravens. Maybe he did agree with the post. Maybe he thought Bisciotti was against the move because of fear of a racist backlash. Maybe he will speak now that Bisciotti has shown that it isn't true and he's on the right side of the issue.
    Maybe. But honestly, if I put myself it Bisciotti's shoes, I'd be like "fuck that guy AND his girlfriend." I would be SOOOO offended by that tweet. That tweet was very public. There were tons of news stories about it (mostly thanks to Ray.) And if you're just going to sit there silently and let that kind of slander run around the internet without a response, then you can go work for someone else. I have no use for you.

I'm not saying for sure that's how Steve feels. But I can tell you damn sure that's how I would feel.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    This is often said, but I've never seen a shred of evidence to support it.

You can't be out of football for three seasons and have a legitimate claim on "starter money".

Maaaayyyyybbeee a nice package of incentives. Like, if Kaep were to win SB MVP for Baltimore, Earl Morrall -style, I would be happy if his (hypothetical) contract included a sweet bonus for that. More than happy.

Anyone know what Vick signed with Philly for, when he got out of prison way back when? Similar absence-length at similar ages for similar-caliber QBs.
    Vick was our for half the time and was younger and signed for peanuts. 2 years, $6.875m, coming off his 10/138m contract... according to sporran.
    2 years ago it would have been similar age and absence length.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Maybe. But honestly, if I put myself it Bisciotti's shoes, I'd be like "fuck that guy AND his girlfriend." I would be SOOOO offended by that tweet. That tweet was very public. There were tons of news stories about it (mostly thanks to Ray.) And if you're just going to sit there silently and let that kind of slander run around the internet without a response, then you can go work for someone else. I have no use for you.

I'm not saying for sure that's how Steve feels. But I can tell you damn sure that's how I would feel.
    I can understand that and I think I might feel the same. However I can also understand Kaepernick feeling annoyed if he thought the team changed their mind about bringing him in because they didn't want to upset some racist people. (Or those taken in by the racist diversion of the flags/troops) If Steve can understand that feeling too, they might be able to build bridges.

He went 1-10 because he had the worst defense in the league, who gave up 30 points a game. He ranked about 24th in the league that season, which fit with the eye test, as I recall. He was a low level starter/high end back up.

Maybe he has regressed since then, who knows? If you're saying he wasn't good enough to be a back up somewhere, you're trying to rewrite history.
    What do you mean maybe? He hasn’t played in 4 years! Of course he’s not close to that level of player anymore, meanwhile, QB play all around the league has improved by leaps and bounds...

Had he never taken a year off, and instead gotten a backup job immediately, he might still be in the league, but that’s history and I’m not -re-writing it.

Per a previous post, the kneeling is NOT the circus sideshow, it’s his behavior ever since. I don’t believe he has ever actually intended to play football since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk