Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: Republican Convention - No Social Distancing or Masks

Quote Originally Posted by 2bynight View Post
    The people who get sick - and yes, people are going to get Covid from this - are going to go back and spread it to others. They are going to further burden the healthcare system, frontline workers, and get other seriously ill. I don't believe this because of the media. I believe this because we have over 100,000 dead people in this country because of Covid. I am not calling producers and helpers around me fools. There is no one going to these conventions that I would even dare to term a producer or a helper. I would term them spreaders. Perhaps you are the ugly one as you have accused me of being.
    You just called 1,000,000 people "spreaders"... kind of a nasty name honestly... and chose to ignore that they are people with families and jobs too. I'm nasty?

Listen... absolutely nobody is telling you that you are "choosing wrong"... but it needs to go both ways. You cannot call people that choose differently from you fools and other such names, because they are not.

Also, I don't know one person in the medical field that believes that 100,000 people have died from COVID. That number is so ridiculous. You want to know the specific reason why that number is ridiculous? Currently, when COVID is listed as a co-morbidity, it is then listed as Cause of Death.... we don't do that with ANYTHING else in the medial world. If we did, there would be millions of Pneumonia deaths every year... it would be the #1 killer. Why? Because a vast majority of people over 70 develop a form of pneumonia. What about arthritis? It is listed as a comorbidity as well.... that would also be a #1 killer in the US if we listed it like COVID. At this point in 2020, the United States has suffered LESS TOTAL DEATHS per capita then the last several years... seems like an odd statistic to coincide with a terrible pandemic wouldn't you say? So if there is this awful scourge destroying us all ripping through the fabric of the US, and 100,00+ people have died from this new disease... wouldn't it make sense that the total number of deaths would be x+100,000?

Also... fyi... the same people who work for the CDC and medical consultancies that DC depend on? Yeah... 1,200 of them signed a letter saying that the protests were perfectly acceptable, and signed off on the 3 funerals for George Floyd. Based on what medical advise? None. In other words, the people that work in these roles telling you what to do aren't even scientists that believe in COVID. They are political activists that knew someone and got a job at the CDC or DC's office of the AMA.
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

The people who get sick - and yes, people are going to get Covid from this - are going to go back and spread it to others. They are going to further burden the healthcare system, frontline workers, and get other seriously ill. I don't believe this because of the media. I believe this because we have over 100,000 dead people in this country because of Covid. I am not calling producers and helpers around me fools. There is no one going to these conventions that I would even dare to term a producer or a helper. I would term them spreaders. Perhaps you are the ugly one as you have accused me of being. You seem to have never heard of the term asymptomatic spread.
    I'm going to take a wild guess that you don't associate with many people that will be attending the Republican National Convention.

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    You just called 1,000,000 people "spreaders"... kind of a nasty name honestly... and chose to ignore that they are people with families and jobs too. I'm nasty?

Listen... absolutely nobody is telling you that you are "choosing wrong"... but it needs to go both ways. You cannot call people that choose differently from you fools and other such names, because they are not.

Also, I don't know one person in the medical field that believes that 100,000 people have died from COVID. That number is so ridiculous. You want to know the specific reason why that number is ridiculous? Currently, when COVID is listed as a co-morbidity, it is then listed as Cause of Death.... we don't do that with ANYTHING else in the medial world. If we did, there would be millions of Pneumonia deaths every year... it would be the #1 killer. Why? Because a vast majority of people over 70 develop a form of pneumonia. What about arthritis? It is listed as a comorbidity as well.... that would also be a #1 killer in the US if we listed it like COVID. At this point in 2020, the United States has suffered LESS TOTAL DEATHS per capita then the last several years... seems like an odd statistic to coincide with a terrible pandemic wouldn't you say? So if there is this awful scourge destroying us all ripping through the fabric of the US, and 100,00+ people have died from this new disease... wouldn't it make sense that the total number of deaths would be x+100,000?

Also... fyi... the same people who work for the CDC and medical consultancies that DC depend on? Yeah... 1,200 of them signed a letter saying that the protests were perfectly acceptable, and signed off on the 3 funerals for George Floyd. Based on what medical advise? None. In other words, the people that work in these roles telling you what to do aren't even scientists that believe in COVID. They are political activists that knew someone and got a job at the CDC or DC's office of the AMA.
    In no way, shape, or form am I calling 1,000,000 people spreaders. Where have I ever stated that? I AM saying that the 19k people who choose to go to Oklahoma or FL for the conventions may be classified as potential spreaders and will thus potentially present another burden to our healthcare system. Do I believe the protests are acceptable in this environment? No, they will cause spread. I will ask you a question and please give me an honest answer. Do you believe that ANY indoor activity (convention, concert, whatever) where over 10,000 people are gathered in one place with no social distancing and not required to wear masks in the current pandemic is a good idea or a bad idea? Simple yes no question.

So now you are questioning whether Covid caused the deaths. If someone has underlying heart disease and is shot by a bullet and dies - did the person die from a co-morbid condition? The point is, even someone with a serious underlying condition who has even one year to live - would not have died immediately if they did not have Covid to help them to the afterworld. They died before their time.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    I'm going to take a wild guess that you don't associate with many people that will be attending the Republican National Convention.
    I've got a hot newsflash for you - I don't associate with anyone who would be attending a future Democratic convention either.
    Last edited by 2bynight; 06-17-2020 at 12:56 PM.

In no way, shape, or form am I calling 1,000,000 people spreaders. Where have I ever stated that? I AM saying that the 19k people who choose to go to Oklahoma or FL for the conventions may be classified as potential spreaders and will thus potentially present another burden to our healthcare system. Do I believe the protests are acceptable in this environment? No, they will cause spread. I will ask you a question and please give me an honest answer. Do you believe that ANY indoor activity (convention, concert, whatever) where over 10,000 people are gathered in one place with no social distancing and not required to wear masks in the current pandemic is a good idea or a bad idea? Simple yes no question.
    Simple answer: No, I do not think it is a bad idea.

Explanation: I personally do not think it is a bad idea for me. I do have an underlying health condition but it has been pretty routinely cleared as not being a problem with COVID. I'm 41. The odds of me catching it are almost nil, even in that environment. Currently, about 1 in 100,000 have this disease and are able to spread it roughly. Even if I was so unlucky as to get it, I'd still have roughly a 60% chance of being completely asymptomatic. Even if I was to catch it and be symptomatic, I still have roughly a 99% chance of survival after a couple days in the hospital. I'd be far more afraid of the car ride to the convention or eating a burrito than I would be of COVID.
    I also don't feel that I would influence someone that DOES have a health condition such as Asthma or blood-clotting to go to that event.

As for your comment - Here is your quote: "There is no one going to these conventions that I would even dare to term a producer or a helper. I would term them spreaders."
    1 million people applied for tickets to JUST the Tulsa rally. I'll 100% stand my my previous statement...
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

So now you are questioning whether Covid caused the deaths. If someone has underlying heart disease and is shot by a bullet and dies - did the person die from a co-morbid condition? The point is, even someone with a serious underlying condition who has even one year to live - would not have died immediately if they did not have Covid to help them to the afterworld. They died before their time.
    Of course I'm questioning whether COVID caused the deaths.... I'm intelligent.

Here is your example: " If someone has underlying heart disease and is shot by a bullet and dies - did the person die from a co-morbid condition?"

My entire response is that in COVID's case, the heart disease should be listed as the Cause of Death... not the bullet. Only COVID gets that allowance. For literally EVERY other condition, the bullet would be considered the cause of death. While anecdotal, there are thousands of stories of someone drowning, having a heart attack, being in a fatal car accident and getting counted as a COVID death without even being tested for the disease. The CDC admits they make this odd allowance for COVID deaths being reported.

I forgot to add that the NYT is being sued by dozens of people. They listed the names of the people that have died of COVID on the front page. Turns out that many of those people either weren't dead, actually survived COVID, weren't killed by COVID at all... and in one instance, a name they put on the front page was a non-disclosed name of a man killed during an active homicide investigation... so what makes you think this data is even close to accurate?

I'm getting confused here. For someone that is so terrified about COVID... you don't seem to know much about it.
    Last edited by DitkasSausage; 06-17-2020 at 01:50 PM. Reason: added a section to improve my stance

Here is your example: " If someone has underlying heart disease and is shot by a bullet and dies - did the person die from a co-morbid condition?"

My entire response is that in COVID's case, the heart disease should be listed as the Cause of Death... not the bullet. Only COVID gets that allowance. For literally EVERY other condition, the bullet would be considered the cause of death. While anecdotal, there are thousands of stories of someone drowning, having a heart attack, being in a fatal car accident and getting counted as a COVID death without even being tested for the disease. The CDC admits they make this odd allowance for COVID deaths being reported.

I forgot to add that the NYT is being sued by dozens of people. They listed the names of the people that have died of COVID on the front page. Turns out that many of those people either weren't dead, actually survived COVID, weren't killed by COVID at all... and in one instance, a name they put on the front page was a non-disclosed name of a man killed during an active homicide investigation... so what makes you think this data is even close to accurate?

I'm getting confused here. For someone that is so terrified about COVID... you don't seem to know much about it.
    My personal favorite was the 38 year old guy who died of alcohol poisoning who they listed as having died from Wuhan flu.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

I know my aunt who has died from it, spoke extensively to her children after she died, so yes, I think I personally know something about covid. As do most intelligent people. She had other co-morbid conditions, but she died before her time. She was active prior to her catching it. If you have read most articles about covid indicate deaths have been vastly under-counted, not over-counted.

Simple answer: No, I do not think it is a bad idea.

Explanation: I personally do not think it is a bad idea for me. I do have an underlying health condition but it has been pretty routinely cleared as not being a problem with COVID. I'm 41. The odds of me catching it are almost nil, even in that environment. Currently, about 1 in 100,000 have this disease and are able to spread it roughly. Even if I was so unlucky as to get it, I'd still have roughly a 60% chance of being completely asymptomatic. Even if I was to catch it and be symptomatic, I still have roughly a 99% chance of survival after a couple days in the hospital. I'd be far more afraid of the car ride to the convention or eating a burrito than I would be of COVID.
    I also don't feel that I would influence someone that DOES have a health condition such as Asthma or blood-clotting to go to that event.

As for your comment - Here is your quote: "There is no one going to these conventions that I would even dare to term a producer or a helper. I would term them spreaders."
    1 million people applied for tickets to JUST the Tulsa rally. I'll 100% stand my my previous statement...
    My question about attending was pertaining as a general idea - not specifically to your health personally. I really do not know given all the information out there how you can possibly think 10,000+ people attending an indoor event with no social distancing or requirements to wear a mask is not a complete travesty to our medical system and a slap in the face to healthcare workers on the front line. All these thousands of people have to get there and back home thus exposing themselves and worse yet, others after they leave the convention. I wish there was a way to track this (no way would Trump want that to happen) statistic - but I would seriously like to know how many people after attending test positive, get hospitalized, or worse, die from it. Oh wait, but because you believe deaths are primarily counted wrong and they should list the underlying condition as death, you would not believe it anyway. Its not just about you personally getting it, its about others who can then spread it to the community. I have no issue with people shopping at stores, going outside, hell, if they want to dine inside its on them. But 10,000+ people within the parameters Trump outlined - its not you personally whether you go or not - the entire idea is a very bad one and an insult to the medical community who fight so hard to save lives and stop this from spreading.

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    My personal favorite was the 38 year old guy who died of alcohol poisoning who they listed as having died from Wuhan flu.
    In their defense, would he have been drinking so much without the lockdown?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    In their defense, would he have been drinking so much without the lockdown?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    Oh they found his corpse in a public park.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock