Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Republican Convention - No Social Distancing or Masks

Not smart. See I can admit when “my party” is stupid. I wish the same could be said of everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Re: Republican Convention - No Social Distancing or Masks

Quote Originally Posted by 2bynight View Post
    The DNC is in serious jeopardy because they cannot effectively campaign in these conditions.
    I doubt that. Maybe in normal times, but these times aren't normal and won't be for awhile. Hopefully enough people wake up to see that the DNC really doesn't have their best interests in mind. There's no shortage of evidence to support that. None.

3. Re: Republican Convention - No Social Distancing or Masks

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    Yeah... it will only kill their boomer parents when they go back home to their parents' basements.

Small loss... amirite?

(sigh)
    Maybe they will all move to the wonderful land of Chaz, instead. I say give them all of Seattle.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Not smart. See I can admit when “my party” is stupid. I wish the same could be said of everyone.

I don't think the philosophy on lockdowns, how effective they are, how deadly this virus is, when and how the lockdowns should end etc.. breaks cleanly on Democrat and Republican lines. At least not for voters. At a party leadership level maybe but not at a voter level.

I could be wrong here but isn't there precautions being taken at the convention? The RNC has stated that it will follow that state's guidelines. If Florida has a surge at the time of the outbreak, then they will follow necessary protocols. Right now though... FL hasn't really had any issues of note. I read the news about the South having these "spikes" and it wasn't really convincing. Testing has shot through the roof and the only state that has had issues is NC because hospitalizations have gone up considerably. However, the death rate has also dropped precipitously in recent weeks as well, so, while it surely sucks to be hospitalized by an illness, I think people can take solace in the fact that they have a 99% likelihood of survival still. Also, COVID hospitalization lengths dropped from 6 days in the early days to 2.5 today (that is a self accumulated stat... some states report 3 and some report 2)

Sooooo.... it's really not a big deal any more. Last I checked, the average age of a person that dies from it is 80, and in most of those cases, the person had a comorbitity that was going to kill them within 12 months regardless.

We need to just open stuff up and be done with this crap. If you want to hide in your house from germs, be my guest. I promise I will not bother you. Don't force ME to give up my livelihood... or I will.
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Yes, it is on them if they get sick. You should continue to shelter in place and social distance if you are concerned.
    The problem with that is even if you are considered high risk, many people do not have the option of sheltering in place. My wife is considered an essential worker, hence she is forced to go into work, otherwise resign.

Quote Originally Posted by 2bynight View Post
    The problem with that is even if you are considered high risk, many people do not have the option of sheltering in place. My wife is considered an essential worker, hence she is forced to go into work, otherwise resign.
    While true, the RNC has no impact on that.

But yeah, as a defense contractor, I desperately wanted to be classified essential, simply to earn income, but was not. Who knew Enterpise Architects were not essential in a crisis...

Now we get back pay thanks for the CARES Act, so I am glad I am nonessential.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Don Frye's Moustache View Post
    While true, the RNC has no impact on that.

But yeah, as a defense contractor, I desperately wanted to be classified essential, simply to earn income, but was not. Who knew Enterpise Architects were not essential in a crisis...

Now we get back pay thanks for the CARES Act, so I am glad I am nonessential.

Then there is my brother who was furloughed/not working and only getting the government check and sister who almost lost her business because of the lockdowns. She finally is able to see patients again.

Lot of unfortunate stuff happening.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Then there is my brother who was furloughed/not working and only getting the government check and sister who almost lost her business because of the lockdowns. She finally is able to see patients again.

Lot of unfortunate stuff happening.
    Oh yeah, anyone connected to government work or teleworking opportunities is mostly immune, and frankly, the glibness I have seen from the "stay at home" crowd is infuriating. If we are " albin this together", let's have everyone forgo income during statewide shutdowns, and see how quickly we reopen.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    The DNC can all cram down in Joe Biden's basement sniffing each others hair through their masks
    Ok now this is some funny shit, LMAO.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post

Country over party. Every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post

Country over party. Every time.
    A million percent:
    Open at all costs is foolish. Full on lockdowns are stupid. There is an in between: Mask wearing and social distancing “work”. Most everywhere that can accomplish those two things should be open.