Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Re: Republican Convention - No Social Distancing or Masks

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    You just called 1,000,000 people "spreaders"...
    You got that one million figure from Trump's campaign and actually BELIEVED it? He said Tulsa would be completely full and 40,000 people would be waiting outside too. Did you see the video of his rally? Full of empty sections. Maybe you should rely on independent research versus reiterating what Trump and his staff continually exaggerate about. Oh yea, loved when he said we should REDUCE testing in the middle of a pandemic at his rally because too many people are testing positive. Yup, you cannot make this stuff up. Barnum at his best.

Quote Originally Posted by 2bynight View Post
    My question about attending was pertaining as a general idea - not specifically to your health personally. I really do not know given all the information out there how you can possibly think 10,000+ people attending an indoor event with no social distancing or requirements to wear a mask is not a complete travesty to our medical system and a slap in the face to healthcare workers on the front line. All these thousands of people have to get there and back home thus exposing themselves and worse yet, others after they leave the convention. I wish there was a way to track this (no way would Trump want that to happen) statistic - but I would seriously like to know how many people after attending test positive, get hospitalized, or worse, die from it. Oh wait, but because you believe deaths are primarily counted wrong and they should list the underlying condition as death, you would not believe it anyway. Its not just about you personally getting it, its about others who can then spread it to the community. I have no issue with people shopping at stores, going outside, hell, if they want to dine inside its on them. But 10,000+ people within the parameters Trump outlined - its not you personally whether you go or not - the entire idea is a very bad one and an insult to the medical community who fight so hard to save lives and stop this from spreading.
    Some countries are using smartphone apps that track who has been within 5meters for more than 5 minutes. Technology is not perfect but still in use.

Some countries have also set up contact tracing teams that contact people who test positive. Those teams find out who you have been with and then encourage those people to get tested and self isolate until results are known.

Both of those methods would get you that data.... it would be great data too.

The medical data of 100,000+ deaths is an underestimation. Many have died without being tested.

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Oh they found his corpse in a public park.
    So he was social distancing while drinking. A man can't multi-task?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post

"A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

5. Re: Republican Convention - No Social Distancing or Masks

Quote Originally Posted by LittleG View Post
    Some countries are using smartphone apps that track who has been within 5meters for more than 5 minutes. Technology is not perfect but still in use.

Some countries have also set up contact tracing teams that contact people who test positive. Those teams find out who you have been with and then encourage those people to get tested and self isolate until results are known.

Both of those methods would get you that data.... it would be great data too.

The medical data of 100,000+ deaths is an underestimation. Many have died without being tested.
    Here's an article that is a bit off topic to your post, but related in a way.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasb...I#6865f11fe736

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Here's an article that is a bit off topic to your post, but related in a way.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasb...I#6865f11fe736
    The UK government signed up with a company to produce the app that is known for privacy violations. UK don’t actually want to produce an app that anyone intelligent would download.

There are apps in many countries already in operation. Some have been made in ways to prevent misuse of the information. I do understand the concern though.
    I just find it incredulous that the worlds leader in IT and social media, hasn’t even built one. It’s a very interesting technology solution, to an awkward problem: How do you track the virus spread AND notify people that they have been exposed.

8. Re: Republican Convention - No Social Distancing or Masks

The UK government signed up with a company to produce the app that is known for privacy violations. UK don’t actually want to produce an app that anyone intelligent would download.

There are apps in many countries already in operation. Some have been made in ways to prevent misuse of the information. I do understand the concern though.
    I just find it incredulous that the worlds leader in IT and social media, hasn’t even built one. It’s a very interesting technology solution, to an awkward problem: How do you track the virus spread AND notify people that they have been exposed.
    Lots of people getting fired up about what the big tech companies are cooking up here. Beware, folks.

https://www.apple.com/covid19/contac...1UEPcvobVkpW60

The phone manufacturers have things you can do to opt into contact tracing. The big thing at the moment is that the federal government doing this would (correctly) be seen as a massive overreach when it comes to privacy.