Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: John Harbaugh's thoughts on the NFL virus guidelines.

They certainly can't wait until the day of the game to do the test, because the player would have likely been around the entire team, for the vast majority of the week.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...nes-impossible

There are some pretty honest quotes in the piece.
    Some truths. Some whining.

There's some things that are impossible, but can be modified. You can wear a mask in the facilities when not actually playing.

Some people think anything that inconviences them to any degree is some great assault.

There's a line of common sense that will need to be applied at some point

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    This is nonsense. The NFL should be exempt from Covid-19 restrictions. What happens when one player comes down with it in November? Do they quarantine the entire team for two weeks? How does that play out forfeiting two games down the stretch?

This is why this entire thing is a fiasco. Either disregard the virus and get on with life as we know it or quit life.
    So u won't care if you show up to the OR and I've been sick for days, but I'm just gonna live with it and operate on you, and shake ur families hand and say it went well.

There's a middle ground somewhere. All or nothing mentalities don't help.

We feel. I'll and we're screened and have to stay home until we're asymptomatic and fever free for 72 hours. We don't shut the whole hospital down. Something similar could be implemented

Testing - Testing - Testing

Testing to prove personnel are not afflicted - with all proven not to be afflicted, they can do all the usual things necessary for a football team.

Testing for every practice and every game. Testing to be for both Active Covid-19 as well as antibodies for Covid-19. Those that test positive for active Covid-19 ti be quarantined away from the rest of the team until they have recovered and display antibodies for the disease.

Blog Entries

Didn't see it posted but relevant as we get closer to players being back in the buildings:

https://www.nfl.com/news/multiple-co...e-for-covid-19
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

So let me ask you this. When is the last time man eradicated a virus? There is no vaccine for Covid, and there isn't going to be one for the foreseeable future. There IS a vaccine for Influenza A and B and at it's MOST effective year on record it was 54% effective, last year it was 38% I believe. Some years it's below 20%. Covid has the same Ro number as Influenza at a 1.3, meaning the rate of infection is the same. They originally predicting it was going to be 3.8 which would have made it exponentially more contagious, but it turns out it's the same as the flu. So guess how the only way to get through this is? Yep, come in contact with it, build a natural immunity, or hide in your house and wait for a vaccine that may be effective, but probably won't be and it SHOULD take 5+ years for that vaccine to get to the market anyway. You want to get on with life, or hide for the next 4 or 5 years?

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    So let me ask you this. When is the last time man eradicated a virus? There is no vaccine for Covid, and there isn't going to be one for the foreseeable future. There IS a vaccine for Influenza A and B and at it's MOST effective year on record it was 54% effective, last year it was 38% I believe. Some years it's below 20%. Covid has the same Ro number as Influenza at a 1.3, meaning the rate of infection is the same. They originally predicting it was going to be 3.8 which would have made it exponentially more contagious, but it turns out it's the same as the flu. So guess how the only way to get through this is? Yep, come in contact with it, build a natural immunity, or hide in your house and wait for a vaccine that may be effective, but probably won't be and it SHOULD take 5+ years for that vaccine to get to the market anyway. You want to get on with life, or hide for the next 4 or 5 years?
    Yeah not like these guys have family members living with them who are at higher risk right? Also LOL at believing in the herd immunity meme.

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    Those that test positive for active Covid-19 ti be quarantined away from the rest of the team until they have recovered and display antibodies for the disease.
    If they have to do that the season is going to be a joke. Imagine half a champion ship team contracting the virus before the playoffs. It will be like "who cares".

Blog Entries

I don't see any way to social distance so either you rip the bandaid off or you use caution. Can't see a middle ground for 11 on 11 contact sport.

Even baseball:
    MLB commissioner Rob Manfred tells @Espngreeny that he’s “not confident” there will be a 2020 baseball season. “Unfortunately," Manfred said, "I can’t tell you that I’m a 100% certain that’s gonna happen.”

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    Yeah not like these guys have family members living with them who are at higher risk right? Also LOL at believing in the herd immunity meme.
    LOL at hiding in your house hoping that the big bad virus doesn't get you. Let us know how it works out for you.

LOL at hiding in your house hoping that the big bad virus doesn't get you. Let us know how it works out for you.
    The “big bad virus” has already killed nearly 120,000 people in the US along, and some estimate it will be over 200,000 by September. But keep thinking it’s nothing. True it may very well not affect you in any way, but I wouldn’t knock anyone for doing what they feel is best for themselves and their families.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Go lick doorknobs and find out for me.