Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: NFL owners approve plan to cover seats closest to field, allow teams to place advertising on coverings

I'm glad I'm not foolish enough to give these idiots my money.

I wonder if the season ticket holders in these rows will be given their PSL money back - let alone their ticket costs.

By doing this horseshit the only thing they're doing is DELAYING the development to the "herd immunity" levels that's necessary for this disease to go away.

But I guess it really doesn't matter because if they tolerate kneeling for the National Anthem they'll be plenty of open seats to go around for the sheep

Blog Entries

Re: NFL owners approve plan to cover seats closest to field, allow teams to place advertising on coverings

I think whatever chances there were of having some amount of fans in the stands have gone down considerably over the past couple of weeks. There's only a little over 2 months until the season is supposed to start at this point, time is running out and the virus isn't slowing down. At some point you have to make a decision one way or the other and communicate that to the ticket holders...you can't wait until September to make that decision. At best you have a month to decide, and given the landscape around the country, that ain't making much of a difference.

We are doing pretty good here thanks to our amazing Governor but the majority of states are not. Would the NFL let some teams have fans and others not? I don't think that's fair so I don't expect that.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo&Dilly View Post
    I'm glad I'm not foolish enough to give these idiots my money.

I wonder if the season ticket holders in these rows will be given their PSL money back - let alone their ticket costs.

By doing this horseshit the only thing they're doing is DELAYING the development to the "herd immunity" levels that's necessary for this disease to go away.

But I guess it really doesn't matter because if they tolerate kneeling for the National Anthem they'll be plenty of open seats to go around for the sheep
    I hope you're going to do your bit for herd immunity by running out and catching it and infecting your family asap.

Re: Do you lose your PSL's if you get a season ticket refund because of the virus??

When do you think the Ravens organization will make a formal announcement concerning fans in the stands and possible ticket refunds or deferrals for PSL ticket holders. Would they really penalize you if you had an underlying health condition or were over 60 years of age and make you come to the games. What about the bus transportation? Are they going to run buses and practice social distancing? I would think it would not be cost effective for them to only have 50% capacity, if that in order to have social distancing. How will places like the Firehall on Ridgely street practice social distancing when they have hundreds of people in line for drinks and sandwiches?

Thoughts appreciated.

Re: Do you lose your PSL's if you get a season ticket refund because of the virus??

Quote Originally Posted by ravenwoman View Post
    When do you think the Ravens organization will make a formal announcement concerning fans in the stands and possible ticket refunds or deferrals for PSL ticket holders. Would they really penalize you if you had an underlying health condition or were over 60 years of age and make you come to the games. What about the bus transportation? Are they going to run buses and practice social distancing? I would think it would not be cost effective for them to only have 50% capacity, if that in order to have social distancing. How will places like the Firehall on Ridgely street practice social distancing when they have hundreds of people in line for drinks and sandwiches?

Thoughts appreciated.
    Yup...I was wondering the same thing so I emailed (tried at least) the Ravens and Ticketmaster using the links to "Contact Us" on the Ravens' website.
    I sent the same email to both The Ravens and Ticketmaster and started with the Ravens first.
    Here is the email I sent and the responses....SMDFH

2020 Season and Tickets

Hello,

My name is Rxxx xxxxxxxx and I'm a season ticket and PSL holder since 1996.

My account number is xxxxxx.

I'm writing to try and obtain some answers as to what is going on with attending the games this year.
    My final payment is due on July 15 for this season and I'm now seeing where the league is now going to be tarping off the lower rows in the seating bowl and relocating those fans.
    My seats are section 127 row 5
    I'm of the stance that I do not want to be relocated and would just assume sit this season out if need be rather than be relocated.
    I don't think I should have to pay my invoice for seats I'm not going to be allowed to sit in.
    Nor do I think I should have to forfeit my PSLs by not paying for my tickets this year.
    I am at an increased risk of contracting the Corona virus (heart disease and triple bypass in October 2016)
    I know some of this is mandated by the NFL and not the Ravens but I'm at the point where I need some answers because of the current due date of my ticket invoice and nothing set in stone as to what is going to be happening this season yet regarding fans attending, percentage allowed, tarped off seats, etc.
    Is there a way I can bypass being relocated, skip paying my invoice, get a refund for the half I've already paid and not lose my PSLs?
    I would relish being able to attend the games later this season and the playoffs provided the pandemic is more under control and/or a vaccine has been developed and obtained. I don't particularly see that happening at this stage though given the current state of what's happening throughout the country unfortunately.

I'll look forward to a favorable reply.

Thank You,

Rxxx xxxxxxxxx

And the responses,

The Ravens website

Thank you for the email.

I will be out of the office until Tuesday, July 7th. During this time I will be checking my inbox for any important communications. If you need immediate assistance please call or text me at 321-663-0848.

Richard Tamayo

Director of Guest Experience

Baltimore Ravens

Ticketmaster,

Hi Rxxxxx,

Thanks for the email. We have heard some of the same media reports related to this. It is a potential league requirement as a means of additional player safety. We are expecting to receive some communication from the NFL soon related to any requirements for hosting games this season, but at this time we haven’t received anything. Once we do receive information, we will then be able to determine how our capacity for games could be impacted and create a plan for how tickets will be handled. We will also have to consider state guidelines which will play a more significant role than the NFL requirements. Assuming we will have to play under a reduced capacity and have an adjusted ticketing plan, we hope to be able to communicate specific information by the 2nd or 3rd week of July or sooner. We want to make sure we have all the information we need to make appropriate decisions for the season.
    If you have any questions please let me know and stay safe,

Adam

I replied with the following,

Thank you fir your reply Adam.

Seems to me you all are still somewhat in the dark to some if these questiins. My immediate question would be regarding my current invoice due in July 15th. Do I still have to pay it when it seems that in all likely hood at minimum it will be reduced attendance capacity and in my case my seats eliminated by tarps for advertising? Your time frame you just laid out is potentially after the current due date of my invoice.

Is there a way to contact the Ravens to inquire directly in regards to these decisions?

Thanks,

Rxxxxx

And his reply,

Rxxxxx,

As of now the payment schedule is still set for 7/15, however if we are still unsure of the season, we would probably extend it again. We will email accounts again as we get closer to the 7/15 date like we have done previously. You would still have the opportunity to purchase seats even if yours are covered. If we are at a reduced capacity a lot of peoples seats will not be available.

If you have any questions please let me know or give me a call at 410-635-0663.

Adam
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries

Thanks for posting your emails Fanatic. "If we are at a reduced capacity a lot of people's seats will be unavailable" lol no shit.

There is no "if" by the way.

Like I said before, NFL will push this as far as it can before they commit to something. But you'd have to be delusional to think there is going to be any kind of significant fan attendance this year at this point IMO. We're going to be lucky if they play a complete 16 game season + playoffs.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenwoman View Post

Thoughts appreciated.
    50% capacity is like 35K people...that's not going to happen. Stage 3 in VA is max gathering of 250 people. It is a good point about the cost effectiveness of having fans in the stands and what number it is that makes sense to have anyone there at all.

In a best case scenario where Maryland continues to stay flat for the next two months, and the NFL allows clubs in areas where COVID is not spiking to have fans (again I really think this is unlikely as it impacts competitive balance), I really think you're only looking at a couple thousand, if that.
    back on twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    In a best case scenario where Maryland continues to stay flat for the next two months, and the NFL allows clubs in areas where COVID is not spiking to have fans (again I really think this is unlikely as it impacts competitive balance), I really think you're only looking at a couple thousand, if that.
    Be it a couple thousand or 10K...the real question is, which seats will be allowed to be occupied? Who determines whether I as a PSL holder in 523 will be offered a chance to attend 2, 5 or 8 games? This rathole is deep.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    Be it a couple thousand or 10K...the real question is, which seats will be allowed to be occupied? Who determines whether I as a PSL holder in 523 will be offered a chance to attend 2, 5 or 8 games? This rathole is deep.
    Yep. It's hard for me to wrap my head around it. Since this started, I have never really thought we'd have anything other than friends and family of players/coaches in the stands for the 2020 season. The general public, there's just so many things you have to look at to make it happen and as ravenwoman said, you have to consider if having such a limited number of fans in the stands is even going to be cost effective for the franchises.

I don't know. I could see ways you could accommodate a limited number of fans, but then when you add other variables it starts to fall apart. A lottery would be fair, but is it per ticket or per name? So we own 2 seats, do we get 2 entries, or is it one entry? How do you plan for seating parties of various sizes? You could probably lay out the lower bowl to stagger people and have some fans there, but we're talking such a low number that I just again don't see how it makes sense financially or being worth the headache of figuring that out every week. I don't figure the Club Level or upper deck would be open but I could be wrong.

Frankly, I'm still in the "we'll be lucky to have a season" group, given how players are disregarding advice now, and how things are going with the virus more generally. I honestly don't think fans are even on the table, just nobody wants to say that yet, and I guess that's fine, there's still time. Just don't see it changing.
    back on twitter

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    I hope you're going to do your bit for herd immunity by running out and catching it and infecting your family asap.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    other teams have said they will allow anyone to cancel and then figure out who sits where based on how many seats can be occupied. It's pretty much week to week at this stage as their plans sound good, then more positive tests... more delays...

most likely scenario if they play at all is playing to empty stadiums

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Yep. It's hard for me to wrap my head around it. Since this started, I have never really thought we'd have anything other than friends and family of players/coaches in the stands for the 2020 season. The general public, there's just so many things you have to look at to make it happen and as ravenwoman said, you have to consider if having such a limited number of fans in the stands is even going to be cost effective for the franchises.

I don't know. I could see ways you could accommodate a limited number of fans, but then when you add other variables it starts to fall apart. A lottery would be fair, but is it per ticket or per name? So we own 2 seats, do we get 2 entries, or is it one entry? How do you plan for seating parties of various sizes? You could probably lay out the lower bowl to stagger people and have some fans there, but we're talking such a low number that I just again don't see how it makes sense financially or being worth the headache of figuring that out every week. I don't figure the Club Level or upper deck would be open but I could be wrong.

Frankly, I'm still in the "we'll be lucky to have a season" group, given how players are disregarding advice now, and how things are going with the virus more generally. I honestly don't think fans are even on the table, just nobody wants to say that yet, and I guess that's fine, there's still time. Just don't see it changing.
    Agreed. I've accepted I won't be at any games until 2021

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk