Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Do you lose your PSL's if you get a season ticket refund because of the virus??

FWIW the league just announced that the first 6-8 rows in every stadium will be empty and instead they'll sell TV visible advertising space to local sponsors
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

Re: Do you lose your PSL's if you get a season ticket refund because of the virus??

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    I got my tickets refunded a few months ago - I don't believe that there will be live football this season, and, even if there is, I'm not going to risk my life. Or leaves thousands of dollars in the Ravens bank account.

Even after the vaccine comes out, the Ravens will have an uphill climb to get fans back in the stands. I fully expect that I would be able to reactivate my PSL in 2021, should I decide that it would become safe again to attend Ravens games.
    I didn't know this was an option. Was there a deadline to claim this?

No deadline that I'm aware of. It was quite simple: one phone call to the ticket office, followed up by a confirming email from me, then my credit card refund in a few hours.

You might want to do this before July 15th.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    FWIW the league just announced that the first 6-8 rows in every stadium will be empty and instead they'll sell TV visible advertising space to local sponsors
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...s-this-season/

WTF?
    So what happens? Do they tell me to just take off for this year? Relocate me? Take my seats away for good?
    Pay me for my added inconvenience of being segregated from the unaffected rows?
    #lowerrowseatsmatter
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...s-this-season/

WTF?
    So what happens? Do they tell me to just take off for this year? Relocate me?
    You should insist on relocation to the club seats, at the same price.

I happen to know of a pair of club seats, almost directly above years, which are currently vacant.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

You should insist on relocation to the club seats, at the same price.

I happen to know of a pair of club seats, almost directly above years, which are currently vacant.
    Yeah that was kind of my initial thought as well T. LOL Great minds think alike I suppose.
    Like who am I suppose to call on something like that?
    Like are they suppose to contact us low row degenerates before the July 15 payment due date?
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

No deadline that I'm aware of. It was quite simple: one phone call to the ticket office, followed up by a confirming email from me, then my credit card refund in a few hours.

You might want to do this before July 15th.
    I emailed them yesterday and got a pretty quick response. Basically said refund isn't an option unless they know for sure games will be canceled or games will be played without fans.

Blog Entries

I emailed them yesterday and got a pretty quick response. Basically said refund isn't an option unless they know for sure games will be canceled or games will be played without fans.
    This is why I suggested waiting before doing anything like that...until there is some official guidance that explicitly says you can skip this season without impacting your future rights to buy the tickets, I am not risking losing the tickets. Nobody should assume anything IMO.

T, did they actually tell you when you did the refund that you could re-up for them next year?
    Last edited by Bhcforlife; 06-25-2020 at 11:32 AM.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Do what I do when I call an airline about getting fees waived: hang-up and call back, different agent may be more accomodating. This definitely has been a successful ploy for me.

Again, my quick & easy refund was about six weeks ago, when it was more doomy & gloomy. i.e. before the coronavirus <sarcasm> "disappeared" <sarcasm> and all the idiots took to the OC Boardwalk with no masks.

But I started with a phone call, not an email.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Nobody should assume anything IMO.

T, did they actually tell you when you did the refund that you could re-up for them next year?
    I did exactly what you admonished us to not do. I assumed. i.e. I logically deduced that the Ravens would rather try to re-gain my post-coronavirus business than remove me from the PSL roles, only to have empty seats in 2021 and maybe beyond.

Also, I calculated it this way: If I kept the seats, I'd be pissing away about $8,000 for game tickets (including parking), since there's no way that I would attend a game in the stadium this year, social distancing, masks etc. I love Ravens football, but enjoy living more -- I wouldn't be able to enjoy it much from the grave. My PSLs cost a few grand each. That money has been spent and I doubt I'd get back pennies on the dollar in the post-coronavirus PSL marketplace. In any event, the ticket cost outweighed the PSL value. Moreover, I anticipate that, even with virus inoculations, stadium crowds will be small in 2021 and there will be little demand for tickets to sell.

Also, I've been a season ticket holder since 1996. I considered the associated PSL costs to be fully amortized.

Blog Entries

I did exactly what you admonished us to not do. I assumed. i.e. I logically deduced that the Ravens would rather try to re-gain my post-coronavirus business than remove me from the PSL roles, only to have empty seats in 2021 and maybe beyond.

Also, I calculated it this way: If I kept the seats, I'd be pissing away about $8,000 for game tickets (including parking), since there's no way that I would attend a game in the stadium this year, social distancing, masks etc. I love Ravens football, but enjoy living more -- I wouldn't be able to enjoy it much from the grave. My PSLs cost a few grand each. That money has been spent and I doubt I'd get back pennies on the dollar in the post-coronavirus PSL marketplace. In any event, the ticket cost outweighed the PSL value. Moreover, I anticipate that, even with virus inoculations, stadium crowds will be small in 2021 and there will be little demand for tickets to sell.

Also, I've been a season ticket holder since 1996. I considered the associated PSL costs to be fully amortized.
    All fair points and a logical and grounded way of looking at it. Ours don't cost nearly what yours do, we definitely wouldn't risk eating 8K right now either, even if they did apply that to next season + an additional credit. And it's also fair to consider what the crowds and ticket demand will look like in a post-vaccine world.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    If the NFL proceeds as normal w/ attendance (which, don't get me wrong, is totally not going to happen, it is about as likely as me scoring a date with Beyonce), I'd imagine all normal rules would apply and you'd lose your PSL if you didn't pay (or refunded it). I'm not sure I'd count on some COVID clause or something like that to save me if I didn't want to attend...but again, not going to happen.
    LMFAO, "it is about as likely as me scoring a date with Beyonce"

Thanks for putting a smile on my face :)

NFL owners approve plan to cover seats closest to field, allow teams to place advertising on coverings

The article states that the first 6-8 rows in lower level will be tarped off with signage. I am in section 129 row 4. I wonder where I will be sitting this season if fans are allowed in the stadium?? I have not heard anything as of yet from the Ravens.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/n...dvertising-on/