Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Cancel Culture run amuck

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Sorry man. That arrangement between the panthers was gaudy, tacky and vain. And while he was still owner? Please. It was tacky. Black Velvet Elvis in the living room tacky.

I wouldn't mind an Art Modell somewhere though. I wouldn't have wanted it when he was alive. He probably wouldn't have wanted it either.
    Why?

I think it would've been a great tribute for him to see while he was alive. He was so vilified for the move, a statue erected in his honor before he passed would've been so touching for him to see. I wish Biscotti would've done it.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    Why?

I think it would've been a great tribute for him to see while he was alive. He was so vilified for the move, a statue erected in his honor before he passed would've been so touching for him to see. I wish Biscotti would've done it.
    You're right. After all he no longer owned the team. I feel like erecting a statue to yourself while owner though is just not right.

You're right. After all he no longer owned the team. I feel like erecting a statue to yourself while owner though is just not right.
    He didn’t.

The franchise/Panthers staff did that as a birthday surprise to him for his 80th birthday.

Wasn't that part of the deal in selling the team? Whether or not it is tacky is irrelevant, if there was an signed agreement.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

He didn’t.

The franchise/Panthers staff did that as a birthday surprise to him for his 80th birthday.
    Okay wrong again.

I still think the statue was cheesy. Maybe if he just went to massage parlors instead of directing that energy at his female employees like Bob Kraft his tacky likeness between the two giant-balled panthers, Rowr, would still be standing. I read he directed a racial slur at a scout as well. It's kind of a no brainer don't you think? Either one of those offenses is enough to lose your gig theses days. Dude was credibly accused of both.

Okay wrong again.

I still think the statue was cheesy. Maybe if he just went to massage parlors instead of directing that energy at his female employees like Bob Kraft his tacky likeness between the two giant-balled panthers, Rowr, would still be standing. I read he directed a racial slur at a scout as well. It's kind of a no brainer don't you think? Either one of those offenses is enough to lose your gig theses days. Dude was credibly accused of both.
    Jerry Richardson’s statue in Charlotte was removed because George Floyd was murdered in Minneapolis. THAT is why this is happening. Makes sense right? Tepper is claiming he’s doing it because of it potentially being vandalized. Yeah right.

Let’s go ahead and remove Ray Lewis’ statue as well. He was accused of murder after all...right? He admitted to obstructing justice...so why the hell not! I’m sure Biscotti is already calling in the crane operators.

Tepper is virtue signaling. Nothing more. Nothing less.

This “let’s erase the past of anything we don’t like” philosophy is totalitarian garbage behavior. Jerry Richardson has done more for the state of NC than anyone else in sports. That’s a fact. His place in history will be erased due to the religion of “woke.”

It’s shameful.

Btw, I’m in no way defending Richardson’s behavior. It’s just disgusting how the NFL is bowing to the mob.

Jerry Richardson’s statue in Charlotte was removed because George Floyd was murdered in Minneapolis. THAT is why this is happening. Makes sense right? Tepper is claiming he’s doing it because of it potentially being vandalized. Yeah right.

Let’s go ahead and remove Ray Lewis’ statue as well. He was accused of murder after all...right? He admitted to obstructing justice...so why the hell not! I’m sure Biscotti is already calling in the crane operators.

Tepper is virtue signaling. Nothing more. Nothing less.

This “let’s erase the past of anything we don’t like” philosophy is totalitarian garbage behavior. Jerry Richardson has done more for the state of NC than anyone else in sports. That’s a fact. His place in history will be erased due to the religion of “woke.”

It’s shameful.

Btw, I’m in no way defending Richardson’s behavior. It’s just disgusting how the NFL is bowing to the mob.
    You can't ask you're female employees to turn around so you can see their ass at the office. Those the times we live in. This is probably an excuse to do something he wanted to do already. Guy had some strikes against him.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Do leftist not own remote controls? If I turn on a program I don't want to watch, for whatever reason, I change the channel. I don't think to myself, I don't want anyone to watch this show ever again because everyone should feel like I do.
    For authoritarians it isn't about what they see.

It's about having the power to control what YOU are allowed to see.

It doesn't really matter what the content is.

What matters is the ability to control access to it.

You can't ask you're female employees to turn around so you can see their ass at the office. Those the times we live in. This is probably an excuse to do something he wanted to do already. Guy had some strikes against him.
    And he sold the team because of it...

The crux of this is...when does it end? Cancel culture will NEVER stop. Ever. It will keep going as long as people like David Tepper give into it. As long as Governor Inslee enables it. As long as Governor Waltz allows it.

When a black person is killed under suspicious circumstances in 2024, will Ty Cobb's statue be removed? Will James Madison's? Will Thomas Jefferson's? When will it end? If Mark Andrews becomes the greatest TE in the history of football and has a statue erected in his honor in Baltimore in 2030..but it's discovered that he liked a tweet from 2014 that was _____ist...will his statue come down? You better believe it. The mob will tear it down in 5 seconds.

This isn't how a Republic was meant to be governed.

Would any Ravens fans object to a statue of Art Model being erected outside of M&T Bank Stadium at some point? I wouldn't. I want that to happen. Art is our founder. He's why we exist.

Do Steelers fans object to the Rooney statue outside their stadium? They don't.

Richardson is why the Panthers exist. He is their founder and the reason why they sold for $2.275 billion. He is the most important person in the Panthers entire history (so far).

His significance to the franchise is being dismissed by a "woke" owner. It's a disgrace.
    Tbh, I had no idea the Steelers have a Rooney statue.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

He didn't commission a statue to himself.

For his 80th birthday...the statue was a surprise. It was done in honor of him and dedicated by the entire Panthers organization.

Certainly nothing wrong with having the statue of the franchise's founder outside of the stadium they play in...eh?

My mistake. I thought he had it erected.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    For authoritarians it isn't about what they see.

It's about having the power to control what YOU are allowed to see.

It doesn't really matter what the content is.

What matters is the ability to control access to it.
    How can yáll even tye this after you all ballyhooed and whined about Kapernick kneeling? Y'all shoulda quit crying after the first time and changed the channel, yet people are STILL whining about it to this day lol.