Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Cancel Culture run amuck

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    This has been a great couple of days.

Nascar banning that traitor's flag
    Jerry Richardson statue coming down
    Christopher Columbus statue being beheaded

These artifacts of pure racism and hatred are no longer being given the limelight they never deserved. It's a glorious time! I just pray that this momentum goes toward actual police reform. We are moving forward as a society by the second!
    All good totalitarian marxist efforts begin with the purge of history

And end with lines for toilet paper

This has been a great couple of days.

Nascar banning that traitor's flag
    Jerry Richardson statue coming down
    Christopher Columbus statue being beheaded

These artifacts of pure racism and hatred are no longer being given the limelight they never deserved. It's a glorious time! I just pray that this momentum goes toward actual police reform. We are moving forward as a society by the second!
    I never understood why NASCAR had the Confederate Flag
    I never understood why the Panthers had a statue of a guy that started the franchise personally...

Christopher Columbus... that is a loaded topic since his personal journals don't paint him as any sort of racist or conqueror. None of the recounts of the time mention him being cruel or hostile to natives. This was literally revised history that started popping up in the 60's and 70's. Not sure how Historians got the history of Christopher Columbus inaccurate for nearly 500 years until some woke professors really "read between the lines" to find out he was a horrible guy. I've read a lot about Columbus over the last year... not one historical telling from that period mention cruelty... none out of the ordinary for that period I should say. It was the 1400's and people were being leached... so yeah... there was general cruelty during that period... but nothing as bad as what was happening in Western Africa during the same time period.

You're right BandC! We should burn books that tell of a history we don't like so we will always remember it and never repeat it! Let's tear down sites that will make us reflect on the scars of our past, and just forget that so we can move forward right!? You know what we should REALLY do??? Maybe hold a segregationist rallies so we can talk about the outside influences that have gotten us to this point! Those are some solid ideas too right? Or let's form organized political groups to go out one night and break the glass storefronts of all of the people we disagree with! We will call it Kristallnacht! That's a cool name!
    Then, when we are done with all that, let's round up all the conservatives and put them in work camps as reparations for slavery!

Maybe... just maybe, if you weren't so quick to destroy history instead of read it, you'd see where your attitude is taking you... and you'd understand why my last paragraph falls right in line with your train of thought.
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    I never understood why the Panthers had a statue of a guy that started the franchise personally...

Christopher Columbus... that is a loaded topic since his personal journals don't paint him as any sort of racist or conqueror. None of the recounts of the time mention him being cruel or hostile to natives. This was literally revised history that started popping up in the 60's and 70's. Not sure how Historians got the history of Christopher Columbus inaccurate for nearly 500 years until some woke professors really "read between the lines" to find out he was a horrible guy. I've read a lot about Columbus over the last year... not one historical telling from that period mention cruelty... none out of the ordinary for that period I should say. It was the 1400's and people were being leached... so yeah... there was general cruelty during that period... but nothing as bad as what was happening in Western Africa during the same time period.

You're right BandC! We should burn books that tell of a history we don't like so we will always remember it and never repeat it! Let's tear down sites that will make us reflect on the scars of our past, and just forget that so we can move forward right!? You know what we should REALLY do??? Maybe hold a segregationist rallies so we can talk about the outside influences that have gotten us to this point! Those are some solid ideas too right? Or let's form organized political groups to go out one night and break the glass storefronts of all of the people we disagree with! We will call it Kristallnacht! That's a cool name!
    Then, when we are done with all that, let's round up all the conservatives and put them in work camps as reparations for slavery!

Maybe... just maybe, if you weren't so quick to destroy history instead of read it, you'd see where your attitude is taking you... and you'd understand why my last paragraph falls right in line with your train of thought.
    The panthers had the statue because Jerry Richardson had it put up, then made the sale of the team contingent on a clause where the new owner agreed to leave it up.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    The panthers had the statue because Jerry Richardson had it put up, then made the sale of the team contingent on a clause where the new owner agreed to leave it up.

It was kind of cheesy for sure. Can you imagine a statue of Bisciotti between Ray and Unitas smoking a cigar?... The only thing the removal of the statue is a victory for is good taste.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    It was kind of cheesy for sure. Can you imagine a statue of Bisciotti between Ray and Unitas smoking a cigar?... The only thing the removal of the statue is a victory for is good taste.
    Would any Ravens fans object to a statue of Art Model being erected outside of M&T Bank Stadium at some point? I wouldn't. I want that to happen. Art is our founder. He's why we exist.

Do Steelers fans object to the Rooney statue outside their stadium? They don't.

Richardson is why the Panthers exist. He is their founder and the reason why they sold for $2.275 billion. He is the most important person in the Panthers entire history (so far).

His significance to the franchise is being dismissed by a "woke" owner. It's a disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    All good totalitarian marxist efforts begin with the purge of history

And end with lines for toilet paper
    Yup, because Germany totally became a totalitarian Marxist country after getting rid of statues of Hitler and the Nazi Flag. This is cause for celebration my friend!!

lol you don't think young German's don't know of their abhorrent past? Of course it's fine to read about it in textbooks, but there is a reason they went to great lengths to eliminate all public images of Nazi past. It's disgusting, as is all imagery of confederate history.

1. You sound very upset
    2. lolol I said nothing about burning books. That sir, is called a straw man
    3. lolol Maybe black folks don't want to see their tax dollars go to publicly erected slave owners

The Rebel Battle flag with NASCAR is seeded in its deep Southern Roots. Southern Pride. Back before it was “mainstream” a majority of the races were in the “Old South” Carolinas, Alabama, Georgia , Tennessee and Virginia. And that’s where the most brand loyal fans were also. If your fav driver drove a Ford sponsored by Bud ...then you better bet you drove a Ford and drank Bud! Everything about NASCAR was “Southern “ and yes ....White. The series was sponsored by Big Tobacco...Based outa Carolina!

Not justification just an explanation!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post

I mean I know why it was there... it was just dumb. Who commissions a statue after themselves? It's just stupid.
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

lol you don't think young German's don't know of their abhorrent past? Of course it's fine to read about it in textbooks, but there is a reason they went to great lengths to eliminate all public images of Nazi past. It's disgusting, as is all imagery of confederate history.

1. You sound very upset
    2. lolol I said nothing about burning books. That sir, is called a straw man
    3. lolol Maybe black folks don't want to see their tax dollars go to publicly erected slave owners
    I'm not upset... Not in the least. I'm just pointing out the slope you are on... You agree with dumb things and get all excited about silliness... I expect it. You fall in line with exactly what you are told to believe... I feel sorry for you sometimes, but definitely not upset.

I mean I know why it was there... it was just dumb. Who commissions a statue after themselves? It's just stupid.
    He didn't commission a statue to himself.

For his 80th birthday...the statue was a surprise. It was done in honor of him and dedicated by the entire Panthers organization.

Certainly nothing wrong with having the statue of the franchise's founder outside of the stadium they play in...eh?

Last edited by ravenmaniac4life; 06-11-2020 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    Would any Ravens fans object to a statue of Art Model being erected outside of M&T Bank Stadium at some point? I wouldn't. I want that to happen. Art is our founder. He's why we exist.

Do Steelers fans object to the Rooney statue outside their stadium? They don't.

Richardson is why the Panthers exist. He is their founder and the reason why they sold for $2.275 billion. He is the most important person in the Panthers entire history (so far).

His significance to the franchise is being dismissed by a "woke" owner. It's a disgrace.
    Sorry man. That arrangement between the panthers was gaudy, tacky and vain. And while he was still owner? Please. It was tacky. Black Velvet Elvis in the living room tacky.

I wouldn't mind an Art Modell somewhere though. I wouldn't have wanted it when he was alive. He probably wouldn't have wanted it either.