Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Cancel Culture run amuck

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Will the pressure him to stop selling it on Amazon?
    Right now it is both #1 and "currently unavailable".

This would indicate to me it either sold out or was yanked.

If this is something you are worried about, I wouldn't. I am guessing that someone is going to figure out a way to make money off of this.

If I'm a young black entrepeneur, maybe I'm trying to get a hold of every copy, marking it up 100% and selling it back to all the people snatching it up.

I wouldn't put it past Jay Z or Dr Dre to do something like that. They both know how to make a buck.
    Last edited by BustOfPallas; 06-10-2020 at 12:20 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Right now it is both #1 and "currently unavailable".

This would indicate to me it either sold out or was yanked.

If this is something you are worried about, I wouldn't. I am guessing that someone is going to figure out a way to make money off of this.

If I'm a young black entrepeneur, maybe I'm trying to get a hold of every copy, marking it up 100% and selling it back to all the people snatching it up.

I wouldn't put it past Jay Z or Dr Dre to do something like that. They both know how to make a buck.
    Is Blazing Saddles still available?

"Nobody move!" Ha ha. Cleavon Little. I don't think you could make that movie now. I think I'm going to watch that one tonight after work. Thanks for the suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    Truthfully... I wasn't even aware that they made Warner Bros cartoons still.
    Cops was getting it's butt kicked by Live PD, so Paramount used this moment to make a Social Justice Pitch on getting rid of a show that was going down in ratings regardless.
    Gone with the Wind is a tragedy. How do we ever plan to move forward without any context or history. Slavery was bad... but any mentions of that period in history being erased and only replaced with "slavery is bad" is detrimental to race relations. Erasing one's history is an easy way to create animosity. Gone with the Wind is a cinematic classic. Mark Twain was one of the most famous American writers in history. Both are being "cancelled". There are a lot of pieces of our culture that we should read and see in context.

This is just like tearing down Confederate Monuments... If the town votes to remove them and place them into a Civil War Museum, I'm all in favor of that. If you tear it down and destroy it as a mob... you are no better than the Nazi's or Muslim extremists.
    They did say it would be back, and that they were adding discussion of the stereotypes in it. I would say this seems unnecessary, but I also just read an article that casually mentioned when solving a treasure mystery, someone was insisting that "in the wood" clearly referenced lumber, not a forest. So I may be giving people too much credit.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    They did say it would be back, and that they were adding discussion of the stereotypes in it. I would say this seems unnecessary, but I also just read an article that casually mentioned when solving a treasure mystery, someone was insisting that "in the wood" clearly referenced lumber, not a forest. So I may be giving people too much credit.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    One thing someone pointed out that I find funny: Gone with the Wind was the film where the first black person won an Oscar. It is literally a part of black history and something to be proud of... and it was removed because it referenced slavery. Are we going to remove The Color Purple as well?
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

One thing someone pointed out that I find funny: Gone with the Wind was the film where the first black person won an Oscar. It is literally a part of black history and something to be proud of... and it was removed because it referenced slavery. Are we going to remove The Color Purple as well?
    Those assholes better not touch the Color Purple.

REAL man tears flowed from my eyes when Celie and Nettie were united at the end. I sobbed like a little bitch.

LOVE that movie.

To this day, when I leave on a business trip to go anywhere...I backwards walk into the airport after I get out of the family truckster and do the whole "patty-cake" thing and say..."You and me, us never part. Makidada. You and me, us have one heart. Makidada." True story.

We just watched Color Purple during our CV19 lock down marathon. Great movie. Color purple was realistic. It portrayed blacks as actual human beings with dignity, strengths, weaknesses etc.. Danny Glover was a dic*. He has a longggg redemption arc in that movie. The movie was about black people too. Gone with the wind is about a "privileged" southern slave owner. Not really the same. I remember watching it and enjoying it as a kid, and by kid I mean like 10 or so. What's crazy to me is the movie was 40 years old probably when I saw it last. It is now 40 years older than that. How in touch could a move that is 80 years old be, lol. Black people were not even allowed to use water fountains in many places back then.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    Those assholes better not touch the Color Purple.

REAL man tears flowed from my eyes when Celie and Nettie were united at the end. I sobbed like a little bitch.

LOVE that movie.

To this day, when I leave on a business trip to go anywhere...I backwards walk into the airport after I get out of the family truckster and do the whole "patty-cake" thing and say..."You and me, us never part. Makidada. You and me, us have one heart. Makidada." True story.
    This is the point in our program, where angry activists accuse you of cultural appropriation

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    This is the point in our program, where angry activists accuse you of cultural appropriation
    I've gotten a few chuckles from random passerby's when I've done it.

I personally think it's hilarious...especially considering I'm a 6'5 white guy with a beard. My wife typically gives me the infamous "please stop"/eye roll combo before she drives off.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Do leftist not own remote controls? If I turn on a program I don't want to watch, for whatever reason, I change the channel. I don't think to myself, I don't want anyone to watch this show ever again because everyone should feel like I do.
    It's not that leftist don't own remote controls. They are realizing it's bad for business to show racism! Just like y'all hooped and hollered about Kaep protesting being bad for NFL business, you need to eat it now that the shoe is on the other foot lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    ...when Celie and Nettie were united at the end. I sobbed like a little bitch.
    Ha ha. Truth.

This has been a great couple of days.

Nascar banning that traitor's flag
    Jerry Richardson statue coming down
    Christopher Columbus statue being beheaded

These artifacts of pure racism and hatred are no longer being given the limelight they never deserved. It's a glorious time! I just pray that this momentum goes toward actual police reform. We are moving forward as a society by the second!