Page 1 of 28 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Cancel Culture run amuck

Re: Cancel Culture run amuck

I was never going to get it anyway. Now there's no chance.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Meh, who cares about Fudd and Sam in the reboots. The reboots of those shows, anything since probably the 50's, are not even watchable as cartoons. Not like they are going to go back and ditigally airbrush the guns out of those old cartoons. If they did that then I'd cry foul.

Truthfully... I wasn't even aware that they made Warner Bros cartoons still.
    Cops was getting it's butt kicked by Live PD, so Paramount used this moment to make a Social Justice Pitch on getting rid of a show that was going down in ratings regardless.
    Gone with the Wind is a tragedy. How do we ever plan to move forward without any context or history. Slavery was bad... but any mentions of that period in history being erased and only replaced with "slavery is bad" is detrimental to race relations. Erasing one's history is an easy way to create animosity. Gone with the Wind is a cinematic classic. Mark Twain was one of the most famous American writers in history. Both are being "cancelled". There are a lot of pieces of our culture that we should read and see in context.

This is just like tearing down Confederate Monuments... If the town votes to remove them and place them into a Civil War Museum, I'm all in favor of that. If you tear it down and destroy it as a mob... you are no better than the Nazi's or Muslim extremists.
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

I still love my DVD copy of "Song of the South" as it is quote rare, since Disney stopped releasing it back in the 90s. I don't know any kid who watched it and gave thoughts to how the slaves were depicted. And the hero to two young white kids was Uncle Remus. Fools.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    Truthfully... I wasn't even aware that they made Warner Bros cartoons still.
    Cops was getting it's butt kicked by Live PD, so Paramount used this moment to make a Social Justice Pitch on getting rid of a show that was going down in ratings regardless.
    Gone with the Wind is a tragedy. How do we ever plan to move forward without any context or history. Slavery was bad... but any mentions of that period in history being erased and only replaced with "slavery is bad" is detrimental to race relations. Erasing one's history is an easy way to create animosity. Gone with the Wind is a cinematic classic. Mark Twain was one of the most famous American writers in history. Both are being "cancelled". There are a lot of pieces of our culture that we should read and see in context.

This is just like tearing down Confederate Monuments... If the town votes to remove them and place them into a Civil War Museum, I'm all in favor of that. If you tear it down and destroy it as a mob... you are no better than the Nazi's or Muslim extremists.
    The depictions of black people in Gone with the Wind, at least the one female servant, is a caricature. I've not seen it in ages but if feels very white privelegy. Poor scarlet had to make a dress out of curtains. What's a white mansion owning slave owning woman to do?

Twain on the other hand, that would be a mistake. I think I may pick up Huck Finn and give it a read this summer.

Blog Entries

Do leftist not own remote controls? If I turn on a program I don't want to watch, for whatever reason, I change the channel. I don't think to myself, I don't want anyone to watch this show ever again because everyone should feel like I do.

Blog Entries

This didn't take long. Gone With the Wind’ Number One Best Seller at Amazon After HBO Blacklist

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...hbo-blacklist/

This didn't take long. Gone With the Wind’ Number One Best Seller at Amazon After HBO Blacklist

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...hbo-blacklist/
    And Jeff Bezos wins AGAIN.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    And Jeff Bezos wins AGAIN.
    Will the pressure him to stop selling it on Amazon?

Do leftist not own remote controls? If I turn on a program I don't want to watch, for whatever reason, I change the channel. I don't think to myself, I don't want anyone to watch this show ever again because everyone should feel like I do.
    This has always been the agenda of the left. If they don’t like something, no one should like it.

Imagine if the right was the same way. We could ban riots, hate movies that kill conservative presidents, kids wearing hats sideways. Where would it end

Will the pressure him to stop selling it on Amazon?
    You never know but I would not be surprised.

If we did not live in a time devoid of humor I am could easily picture a "Reimagining" of gone with the wind.

Key and Peele or Dave Chappelle could probably do something really humorous with that.