Ruth Bader Ginsburg treated for Liver Cancer

She's coming in for a landing, wings shot up, smoke coming out of the engine.... I think at this point there will be no replacing her since it's too close to the election. Hard to believe she's hung on for so long. If she dies, that's going to pump a level of insanity into this election beyond even the current insanity. I kind of hope she's able to hold one tbh.

Re: Ruth Bader Ginsburg treated for Liver Cancer

I would like to see her step down. Then have trump concede that he won’t appoint a replacement til after the election.

She is praying that Trump loses in November so she can ride off into the sunset after January with Uncle Joe being able to nominate her successor with relatively clear sailing through the Senate...
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

I wish the DNC would let this poor lady just take a break. She's been tossed into the field for fear of a Trump appointment for the full part of Trump's first term. At one point, she was witty and intelligent. I might not have agreed with her legal opinions, but she WAS intelligent. They should have just let Obama replace her. However, with how bad of an appointment Sotomayor was, I'm not sure anyone wanted his #3 option...
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

I do want to say this... I don't agree with her, but the lady was a force and will go down as one of THE most consequential jurists in our lifetime. She truly was historic and it is sad to see her go so slowly.
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    I wish the DNC would let this poor lady just take a break. She's been tossed into the field for fear of a Trump appointment for the full part of Trump's first term. At one point, she was witty and intelligent. I might not have agreed with her legal opinions, but she WAS intelligent. They should have just let Obama replace her. However, with how bad of an appointment Sotomayor was, I'm not sure anyone wanted his #3 option...
    I am pretty sure she's in there because of her own stubbornness and not due to any outside pressure. I think she caught a lot of flack for not retiring at a time when it was clear her replacement would be another like minded judge. She's been sick/frail for a while now.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Ruth Bader Ginsburg treated for Liver Cancer

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    I would like to see her step down. Then have trump concede that he won’t appoint a replacement til after the election.
    Amen to that... Bc

She is an amazing lady and wish her well. Having gone through rounds of cancer shit, I feel for her immensely and hope she pulls through. Horrible to go thru that stuff at any age, let alone her age.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    She is praying that Trump loses in November so she can ride off into the sunset after January with Uncle Joe being able to nominate her successor with relatively clear sailing through the Senate...
    Yep. I think she thought that Hillary Clinton would win in 2016, so she could have then resigned and been replaced by the first female President. RBG has been a huge proponent of women’s rights. Now, she just needs to hang on until January 20th.

Even if Trump loses the election and the Democrats take the Senate, Trump and McConnell would still fill an open Supreme Court seat during the lame duck session. McConnell’s rationale for not allowing a vote on Merrick Garland’s nomination was a lie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Yep. I think she thought that Hillary Clinton would win in 2016, so she could have then resigned and been replaced by the first female President. RBG has been a huge proponent of women’s rights. Now, she just needs to hang on until January 20th.

Even if Trump loses the election and the Democrats take the Senate, Trump and McConnell would still fill an open Supreme Court seat during the lame duck session. McConnell’s rationale for not allowing a vote on Merrick Garland’s nomination was a lie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    She's stubborn and strong willed. That's probably why she's still alive, lol. I'm glad for her personally that she will not be spending her final moments in a hospital worrying her legacy will be that she didn't' quit when she should have.