Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
Going back and forth with Jim between this thread and the Boykin thread, but I thought this was a nice set of plays (even if one is a run). We all know the offense went 99 yards to score a big TD. To start that drive, they ran this play: 2 yard carry by Edwards, (Q2, 8:41), 1st & 10 from BAL 1

Then they came back with the exact same look: same personnel, same motion (Boyle across, Ricard jet), same formation, Lamar opens the same direction. Except this is a PA pass to Ricard for 9.

Huge set of plays to get some breathing room. The next play was Boykin's best of the day (25 yard catch, GIF somewhere above), and the offense was cooking. Nice to see them come right back to Ricard after his fumble too (this is the 2nd offensive play from scrimmage following that play).

edit: following up on the last point, he gets a high-five from Harbaugh when he comes to the sideline. Nice to see the doghouse is gone!
Seeing those plays back-to-back like that reminds me why I love run-pass-option plays so much.
An RPO is like having the ability to call either of the concepts shown above in the same play.

I think Greg dialed that play up for Ricard as an apology (so to speak) for putting Ricard in that position in the first place...that was Ricard's 1st career carry....lol, it might be his last also ;)

good work btw, thx for the screen caps