Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Oct 26 Chargers host Saints?

Semi Official that its the Chargers hosting the Saints at Wembley Oct 26

Re: Oct 26 Chargers host Saints?

Odds are I wont be going to it if thats the case. Cardiff and Murrayfield are easier for me: I'm two train journeys from Edinburgh and Katie's Grandparents live in Swansea so wouldnt need to pay for accomodation for those two.

:haggis

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...terstitialskip

Hey -- I may make this game, subject to the Ravens' schedule. My best friend holds 4 Saints season tickets.

Join up with some of you guys for a
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...terstitialskip

Hey -- I may make this game, subject to the Ravens' schedule. My best friend holds 4 Saints season tickets.

Join up with some of you guys for a
    Make sure the Ravens are not at home first !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by UKRaven View Post
    Make sure the Ravens are not at home first !!!!!!!
    Not just home games -- there are a few attractive road games as well.....
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Pretty decent game so long as the weather doesn't ruin that Wembley pitch again. I'd have hoped they'd have learned the lesson of Wembley but apparently not.

Hopefully the weather holds this year and we'll see the Chargers and Saints offences crank it open. Never know, we might see more than 15 passes this year.

Just a thought here (and not strictly for the thread) but:
    1st Dolphins AFC East, 2nd Chargers AFC West, 3rd AFC ??? 4th the other AFC team???
    In the next two years there could HAVE to be a team from our division!!!!:(

(I vote Steelers ;) )

Teams coming over here = surge of support in the UK! I vote not the Steelers, don't need anymore of them about. Bengals fans are easily slappable, I vote they come over. Plus they'll put on a big offensive performance for those fans who think a 50-49 game is awesome and not an utter embarassment for the defences.

Not to stir up the S@#$ but WNST is broadcasting live from Phoenix. WNST was interviewing Jaguars RB Jones-Drew (Chunky Soup guy) and he just made a comment live on the air that he just heard they (the Jags) would be playing in London next year and he thought that was pretty cool.
    I know what I heard. Of course, the Jags are coming to Baltimore in 2008. I am going to email the WNST DJ and confirm if that is what Jones-Drew stated and see if I get a response.

Quote Originally Posted by TOEMAN View Post
    Not to stir up the S@#$ but WNST is broadcasting live from Phoenix. WNST was interviewing Jaguars RB Jones-Drew (Chunky Soup guy) and he just made a comment live on the air that he just heard they (the Jags) would be playing in London next year and he thought that was pretty cool.
    I know what I heard. Of course, the Jags are coming to Baltimore in 2008. I am going to email the WNST DJ and confirm if that is what Jones-Drew stated and see if I get a response.
    That's odd and I'd be inclined not to believe it. From the info we were given by our head man from NFL offices in London, Jacksonville are not in the equation to be one of the teams to play this year. I know a website in the UK that I do some work for (www.footballdiner.com) interviewed him towards the end of the season and floated the possibility of the Jags playing in the UK next year, but I'm not sure where he'd have got this info from.

Either way, we find out teams, venue and date tomorrow for sure I think.

If there is a rotation system then it might make sense to put your name forward for next season when you have no fans - they might get some.
    The Jags don't sell too many home tickets so may try to make some cash out of the deal.
    Could it just be 'brown nosing' to the Commish'?

And there you have it!! Maybe the WNST guys were talking to Tomlinson and said it was Jones-Drew???!!! Or did the NFL tell Jones-Drew he would play there in 2009. You got me on this one but it looks like you will getting games for the next 3 years if the Commish has his way.

Maybe I better let Mr Stockers run this thread because he is the Man for info.

London to host Saints v Chargers

The NFL have announced that New Orleans Saints will play the San Diego Chargers at Wembley Stadium on 26 October.
    Goodell also endorsed a recommendation to play at least one game in the UK in each of the next three years.

:bag: