Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Can Lamar become a gunslinger?

The peak of a gunslinger the way the term was meant for football, is Favre. The valley is Fitzpatrick after he’s been a starter for a few weeks.

When you watch Aaron Rodgers play these days, he’s extremely conservative. I’ve lost count of how many times he’ll intentionally throw an incompletion and just make that little hand waving gesture as if he’s just brushing it off and living for another play.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    This confuses me. I don't understand what you mean by "could be" and "if". Lamar has already shown that he's a terrific gunslinger. It's right there on the tape.

Harbs calls off the dogs because (a) we've often been stupidly ahead and (b) we've got a fantastic rushing game to close out wins. The gunslinging is situational. But it's there, and Lamar's great at it.
    I agree. It's there and Lamar loves it.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    The first reason I crested a YouTube account was to thank EA for his videos: Since I have found the benefits of subscriptions and such, but my absolute appreciation for all he does prompted me to begin with.
    He's the bomb.

I put a comment on one of his recent ones – maybe the one on Justice? – asking if he could pump up the gain on his mic. I was finding him hard to hear. He replied thanking ME(!), and said he would try.

I think he did, too. This one seemed a little easier to hear than most.

Yall ready to turn Lamar into a gunslinger now?

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    This confuses me. I don't understand what you mean by "could be" and "if". Lamar has already shown that he's a terrific gunslinger. It's right there on the tape.

Harbs calls off the dogs because (a) we've often been stupidly ahead and (b) we've got a fantastic rushing game to close out wins. The gunslinging is situational. But it's there, and Lamar's great at it.
    What about his play outside of last year shows that Lamar is great at being a gunslinger?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Re: Can Lamar become a gunslinger?

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    What about his play outside of last year shows that Lamar is great at being a gunslinger?

Phrased another way, what about his play outside half his pro career shows that Lamar is great at being a gunslinger. I'm not even going to bring up Louisville.

Quote Originally Posted by Waywatcher View Post
    Phrased another way, what about his play outside half his pro career shows that Lamar is great at being a gunslinger. I'm not even going to bring up Louisville.
    He’s not.

8. Re: Can Lamar become a gunslinger?

He’s not.

You discounted 2019 when Lamar's passing efficiency was best in the league. Just because he regressed in 2020 doesn't mean the concept is BEYOND him. But, y'know, your persuasive argument of "he's not" has me rethinking the evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Waywatcher View Post
    You discounted 2019 when Lamar's passing efficiency was best in the league. Just because he regressed in 2020 doesn't mean the concept is BEYOND him. But, y'know, your persuasive argument of "he's not" has me rethinking the evidence.
    Lamar came in last year and showed he has the capability. I’m not here to convince anyone who doesn’t want to look at it from both sides. If you’re 100% ok with the way Lamar and the passing game performed this year than I guess you were excited as hell watching the performance yesterday.
    Hollywood, Snead and I’m sure a few others are getting impatient with run, run and more run when teams are focusing on stopping the run.

10. Re: Can Lamar become a gunslinger?

Lamar came in last year and showed he has the capability. I’m not here to convince anyone who doesn’t want to look at it from both sides. If you’re 100% ok with the way Lamar and the passing game performed this year than I guess you were excited as hell watching the performance yesterday.
    Hollywood, Snead and I’m sure a few others are getting impatient with run, run and more run when teams are focusing on stopping the run.

What kind of strawman is this? Where did I remotely intimate I was fine with what happened to the passing game in 2020? YOU'RE the one that opened up the can of worms re: "outside his play last year" like it never happened. It did. So did 2020. Things clearly have to change, but they can ALSO clearly change for the better.

I'm glad you're walking that post back and stating he has the capability to be a gunslinger, because the initial post I responded to seemed to lean exactly the opposite way. In addition to your Nobel prize-winning "he's not" argument.

Keep going gentleman this is good stuff for the offseason.

12. Re: Can Lamar become a gunslinger?

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Keep going gentleman this is good stuff for the offseason.
    I mean, if it prevents you from necroing any other, nearly identical threads (or, God forbid, CREATING more), you got it, Cool-x!