Page 1 of 12 123 ... LastLast

Can Lamar become a gunslinger?

I remember when Brett Favre became known as the last of the gunslingers but I think now with Mahomes and Josh Allen.. the gunslingers might be making a comeback.

Lamar doesn't get enough credit for his arm strength though. Can/will his game evolve to the point of a gunslinger,? Especially with Hollywood out there?

Re: Can Lamar become a gunslinger?

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    I remember when Brett Favre became known as the last of the gunslingers but I think now with Mahomes and Josh Allen.. the gunslingers might be making a comeback.

Lamar doesn't get enough credit for his arm strength though. Can/will his game evolve to the point of a gunslinger,? Especially with Hollywood out there?
    So you want him to average 20 interceptions per season like Brett? That's a terrible take
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but NOT to their own facts" - Daniel P. Moynihan

Blog Entries

The idea of a gunslinger QB is in concept. He's a QB who will take on a showdown that he often shouldn't. Hence, why 'Gunslinging' comes at a price.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The idea of a gunslinger QB is in concept. He's a QB who will take on a showdown that he often shouldn't. Hence, why 'Gunslinging' comes at a price.
    It's not a "concept" - it's an excuse for making stupid choices, and somehow having the public love you for it.

Last edited by MarkS; 06-04-2020 at 07:55 PM.
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but NOT to their own facts" - Daniel P. Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    So you want him to average 20 interceptions per season like Brett? That's a terrible take
    Yes because being a gunslinger means throwing 20 interceptions is exactly what I said. 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Yes because being a gunslinger means throwing 20 interceptions is exactly what I said. ��
    Thing is, you didn't actually didn't say anything at all, really. No explanation of what you think a gunslinger is, how being one is a benefit (or detriment), how or why Lamar should try to or want to become one. Hard to criticism me for misinterpreting what you said when you basically said nothing of any substance.
    Last edited by MarkS; 06-04-2020 at 08:10 PM.

What exactly is a gunslinger
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

I view Lamar as a sniper. Makes his shots count! Snipers don't use 6-shooters or the machine guns of gunslingers, they use precision and economy of shots fired.

Why would we want him to be a gunslinger?

The fact that he only threw 6 picks and only 1 over the final 10 games was one of his biggest strengths last year

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    The Favre types who are always willing to go deep, risk be damned.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Well, you can take my definition. Or MarkS’s more direct definition.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    The Favre types who are always willing to go deep, risk be damned.
    Favre probably took ten years off of Mike Holmgren’s life.