Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Gun Sales In May Hit Record — Again

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Why so against tougher checks before being allowed to purchase a gun?

If you are straight youve nothing to worry about but hopefully they can weed out those that shouldnt be armed
    I’m not against tougher checks. But being forced to go through training. Getting a license, waiting for 7 days etc is a bit much.

If my life or family’s life is being threatened or there’s an increase of crime in my neighborhood do you think the bad guys will wait a week or two for me to arm myself?

We have the RIGHT to bear arms. If I need a permit, it’s not a right.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    I'm 6' 2" and could dunk two handed standing flat foot under the basket.
    20 years ago I could dunk a volleyball at 5’9”
    Never once dunked a men’s basketball... such a bummer
    Now i can probably grab the net...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I hate you. My nephew is the same. Like 6’3” could stand with his back facing the basket and could jump turn and slam. I’d need a running start a clear lane and an assist to make a dunk happen.
    I don't have long arms either. I'm a grasshopper though. I joked with a woman at work that I'm basically a barrel on sticks and as a woman I think she found that level of self image/body jest hilarious.

I was dangerous in the paint. I would run around the baseline and the guys could throw it to me and I'd jump over everyone for a tap in or bring it down and find a way to score. The guys that gave me fits were the big assed/legged upside down guys with quick feet that were good at putting their hip on you. Upper body wise I could pound guys but those fat assed/legged guys could bump me and keep me from using my jumping ability. I hated it then but I respect it now. Lot's of ways to be good in b-ball. You use what you have.

At 6'0, 240# I could dunk on a rim that was 9'11 but couldn't get past that last inch for a dunk on a real goal.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

What's the difference between a glock 19 gen3 vs gen4?

What's the difference between a glock 19 gen3 vs gen4?
    Very little. The recoil spring is a tiny smidge lighter so was ever so slightly easier for my (ex)wife to rack the slide back.
    Also, the Gen 4 has what I found to be an annoying “adjustable” grip feature that fit better in both our hands with the standard “insert”.

I wouldn’t prioritize one over the other personally, now that they are both a few years old I would personally consider them interchangeable financially. In my experience the gen4 adds nothing of “value”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice. Building mine from Aero Precision. I do want the FN SCAR 17s though.
    I was looking at the Smith&Wesson M&P 15/22 Sport but they are banned in Maryland.
    There is a MD compliant one. Apparently that one has a different magazine, fixed stock and heavy barrel.

Maryland is such a stupid state. You can't even get a plinker because it was too scary looking for our legislators. What a bunch of idiots.

Looks like you need a long gun license now or is that something you can do in the store or am I completely wrong?

My guess would be a nightmare, but I’d start the process and hope there’s more inventory when you’re ready. I’ll see if I can’t get a friend in Md to comment on what you need to do. If you get an AR probably cheaper to build one.
    My friend just got one. Didn’t seem like an issue. Her husband is a cop. That might have helped.

I am going to contact the same location soon. Will be my first gun. Hopefully it doesn’t take til fall

Blog Entries

I was looking at the Smith&Wesson M&P 15/22 Sport but they are banned in Maryland.
    There is a MD compliant one. Apparently that one has a different magazine, fixed stock and heavy barrel.

Maryland is such a stupid state. You can't even get a plinker because it was too scary looking for our legislators. What a bunch of idiots.

Looks like you need a long gun license now or is that something you can do in the store or am I completely wrong?
    FN makes a heavy barrel model that is Md compliant. I’d recommend that S&W is good but FN is a bit higher quality. I don’t think you need a long gun license but not 100%. Maybe a Md resident can answer that.

https://fnamerica.com/products/discontinued-rifles/fn-15-md-heavy-barrel-carbine/

On another note the last parts for my AR should be here tomorrow. Very excited!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    My friend just got one. Didn’t seem like an issue. Her husband is a cop. That might have helped.

I am going to contact the same location soon. Will be my first gun. Hopefully it doesn’t take til fall
    What are you going to get?

What are you going to get?
    I was told to look at the Smith and Wesson 380MP

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    I was told to look at the Smith and Wesson 380MP
    Are you carrying it or what’s the purpose?