Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Gun Sales In May Hit Record — Again

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    A lot of people don't care for the safety "squeeze" mechanism on the upper handle of the modern 1911's. I have heard of them going off when guys tried to pull them out of holsters.

I'll have to shoot some other glocks...and some other models. I just felt like a lot of the Glocks had "wide/thick" handles/grips? Maybe I'm weird. I dont know. :)

I may try out some revolvers as well.
    The Glock 48 is the single stack 10+1 version of the 19. I would start there.
    9mm, to me is a perfect middle ground of cheap, plentiful ammo with enough stopping power and easily manageable recoil.
    Ergonomics are a personal thing, there is no wrong answer. The best right answer is what you discover for yourself at a well stocked range.
    In the Bmore area I went to Continental Arms in Timoniun. I’m sure there are other good ranges elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

A lot of people don't care for the safety "squeeze" mechanism on the upper handle of the modern 1911's. I have heard of them going off when guys tried to pull them out of holsters.

I'll have to shoot some other glocks...and some other models. I just felt like a lot of the Glocks had "wide/thick" handles/grips? Maybe I'm weird. I dont know. :)

I may try out some revolvers as well.
    Glocks have also been referred to as “blocks” cause of the big grips due to double stack. I’d didn’t like my 17 for while thought it was too big, but after shooting other guns I realize it’s actually a good fit for my hands since I’m 6’7” and hands are pretty big.

If you’re hands are normal size a single stack is probably more in line when it comes to Glock. Check out the M&P 2.0, CZP10c or Glock 48 if it’s a carry gun.

I didn’t have to wait for my rifle. Did the background check and in an hour I was out the door.

Somehow the model you bought wasn't a regulated firearm. Was it an HBAR? Or something similar? Most AR-15's that are .223/5.56 and have under 20" barrels are regulated. If you buy a stripped lower, it is also regulated (meaning 7 day wait period).
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Glocks have also been referred to as “blocks” cause of the big grips due to double stack. I’d didn’t like my 17 for while thought it was too big, but after shooting other guns I realize it’s actually a good fit for my hands since I’m 6’7” and hands are pretty big.

If you’re hands are normal size a single stack is probably more in line when it comes to Glock. Check out the M&P 2.0, CZP10c or Glock 48 if it’s a carry gun.
    Between you and darb it may be time to start the lid basketball team

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post

Seriously.

6’7”? Sheesh.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post

I’m 6’5

I’m in.

Blog Entries

Seriously.

6’7”? Sheesh.

Almost 6’7”. Pretty close to what Jordan was like in the early 90’s only you couldnt slip a sheet of paper under my feet when I jump.

Seriously.

6’7”? Sheesh.

MF-er looks like a piebald giraffe, let me tell you. Especially when he runs, lol....
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Woo-Hoo, I'm the point guard!
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Almost 6’7”. Pretty close to what Jordan was like in the early 90’s only you couldnt slip a sheet of paper under my feet when I jump.
    I'm 6' 2" and could dunk two handed standing flat foot under the basket.

Thank goodness I don’t live there! I have a concealed carry permit which means I can just walk in and buy a handgun cause I’ve already been finger printed etc for the FBI. If I didn’t, would just need a permit from the local sheriff after a background check and For an AR or shotgun just a quick background check at the store.

Man I hate Maryland, so glad I moved.
    Why so against tougher checks before being allowed to purchase a gun?

If you are straight youve nothing to worry about but hopefully they can weed out those that shouldnt be armed

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    I'm 6' 2" and could dunk two handed standing flat foot under the basket.
    I hate you. My nephew is the same. Like 6’3” could stand with his back facing the basket and could jump turn and slam. I’d need a running start a clear lane and an assist to make a dunk happen.