Page 17 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1516171819 ... LastLast

Re: Drew Brees attacked for saying he respects the flag

Jake Fromm just got exposed...let's get all the racists exposed...put em on that summer jam screen!!

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    I can and do.
    ?!?! I don't understand this either. It's not that complicated.

Brees original statement disrespects all the black servicemen that served with distinction in the segregated military of WW II and then returned home to worse racism than what the experienced in the military. People of color have experienced disrespect that Brees and his life of white privilege can't even begin to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    Brees original statement disrespects all the black servicemen that served with distinction in the segregated military of WW II and then returned home to worse racism than what the experienced in the military. People of color have experienced disrespect that Brees and his life of white privilege can't even begin to understand.
    Care to elaborate on this comment? So if I respect and honor my grandfathers that Served in the military, I and disrespecting all blacks? That could be the most racist and ignorant comment today

White peoples have experience racism that your black privilege will never understand

So nobody can have opinions about how they feel on a topic unless they are of that race, sex, creed, profession? By that standard, should the protesters be able to tell the police how to do their jobs or can only police have an opinion about policing since those protesters haven't been through that?

It didn't seem to be that Brees was insulting black people. He was supporting his belief in the American Flag.

Thank you for your service in WWII since you clearly served and that allows you to understand what they went through.
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    Jake Fromm just got exposed...let's get all the racists exposed...put em on that summer jam screen!!
    yeah... that didn't look great... I read that picture and don't really know what they were even talking about. Seemed like a dumb thing to say.
    I could make a bunch of moral equivalencies to this but I'll stay on topic and just say it appeared to be a dumb thing to say.
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

Blog Entries

Drew Brees absolutely has a right to his opinion. What Brees now has to understand is that the experience he had with his Grandfathers and those memories of their service, were very, very different, for a lot of African Americans, whose Grandfathers were not seen as equals while they served, and not seen as equal citizens once they returned from service. So, to act as though he understood that then and supported everyone, only to show years later that he still doesn't understand it, is what has some like Malcom Jenkins upset.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    We are welcome to discuss whatever we want, but when opinions conflict debate happens. That's what is going on in this thread, a debate. No one has said you can't have your opinion.

We all know the old adage: everyone has an opinion, and everyone else's stinks.
    Yes, I agree.

Someone needs to tell that to the athletes whose response to brees is "stfu drew" which has been many.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    I haven't seen many AA officers killing unarmed people stories, maybe I'm missing them though. So therefore I believe it is a white cop thing.

I think having more AA officer in higher positions would help, but can't really be sure. Isn't the Minneapolis Police Commisioner black? Didn't seem to help in the case of Chauvin being written up 17 times before this incident.

I definitely think a more diverse police force across the board would result in a better force.

The thin blue line will ALWAYS be a part of it though. I don't see anyway around that. You stick up for your brothers no matter what. Once you go against "the force" you won't be trusted within "the force" any longer.
    Just to be perfectly clear, the bolded part is a racist statement. It is. If I got randomly punched by an angry Rabbi, again, it would be racist of me to assume there are roving packs of angry Rabbis just punching random rednecks.

That said, here's a paper you really should read.
    https://msutoday.msu.edu/news/2019/t...ice-shootings/

"“We found that the race of the officer doesn’t matter when it comes to predicting whether black or white citizens are shot," Cesario said. "If anything, black citizens are more likely to have been shot by black officers, but this is because black officers are drawn from the same population that they police. So, the more black citizens there are in a community, the more black police officers there are.”
    The data shows that it’s not racial bias on behalf of white officers relative to black officers when it comes to fatal shootings, and that’s good news. The bad news, Cesario said, is that internal policy changes, such as diversifying police forces, may not reduce shootings of minority citizens.

A link to the full paper can be found at the bottom of the page.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

WWII is a weird one to bring up.

In WWII you could make a strong argument that whites were punished for their racism.

Because of the policies of segregation and exclusion they died at a rate 587 to 1 greater than black Americans in that conflict.

Black soldiers did serve with distinction.

If you want to read a really incredible story look up this guy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_A._Carter_Jr.

There is a medal of honor documentary, I think on Netflix, and it's really mindblowing some of the almost singlehanded acts of bravery that have been done in the name of this country.

Guy was a total badass.

If we could ask these guys about what's going on I wonder what they would say.
    Last edited by BustOfPallas; 06-04-2020 at 05:14 PM.

Who gave you the right to speak for all the black heroes who fought in WW II? Have you gone around asking every single one their opinion, or did you make assumptions about what they think based on your biases? Cause in my experience saying all people of a race act or believe a certain way based on the color of their skin is damned good indicator of racism.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    it would be racist of me to assume there are roving packs of angry Rabbis just punching random rednecks.
    You've obviously never met my parents.