Page 1 of 68 123 ... LastLast

Drew Brees attacked for saying he respects the flag

Sounds like some players don’t want to be on the same field with anyone that respects the America flag. Teammates call him the problem with America.

If this turns into a blacks won’t do anything with whites thing, sports are in trouble.

So should all whites be against whites and America, just to make some blacks happy?

Or should we go back to having white America and Black America.

Two different sports leagues, so blacks don’t have to associate with whites?

I haven’t seen one black or one Democrat’s come to Brees support

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports....21.html?espv=1

Re: Drew Brees attacked for saying he respects the flag

I'm a proud african american Ravens fan. Boy did he piss Ed Reed off. Drew is a sucka. Talk to em Ed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywOX-YHvC40

Quote Originally Posted by charmcityraven View Post
    I'm a proud african american Ravens fan. Boy did he piss Ed Reed off. Drew is a sucka. Talk to em Ed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywOX-YHvC40
    You didn’t address the question. Should whites not be allowed to have opinions ? Or should we create separate leagues?

As a black man, are you offended that I respect my country and my flag?

I watched Ed’s video. He didn’t listen to brees. He thinks breeze is against protesting. Brees
    Is against disrespecting the flag.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    Sounds like some players don’t want to be on the same field with anyone that respects the America flag. Teammates call him the problem with America.

If this turns into a blacks won’t do anything with whites thing, sports are in trouble.

So should all whites be against whites and America, just to make some blacks happy?

Or should we go back to having white America and Black America.

Two different sports leagues, so blacks don’t have to associate with whites?

I haven’t seen one black or one Democrat’s come to Brees support

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports....21.html?espv=1
    Opinion: The change on kneeling

When Colin Kapernick took a knee to protest the violence against black people by police, I was adamantly against it. (Even lost my brother to it. We don't speak anymore. I love him and miss him dearly.) My reasoning was similar to Drew Brees,the flag is what unites us, this was just another division for our country. I felt it disrespected those who died for that flag.

The problem here I was not looking at it from the perspective of the those kneeling. To many Americans the flag is a sign of oppression. Things I knew then and still believe now is the criminal justice system is rigged against minorities, especially black Americans. Things like mandatory drug sentencing to the war on drugs subjugated many Americans to prison, even more disproportionately black Americans. Privatized prisons are a ridiculous concept that has somehow been allowed to thrive.

Police have quotas! They have to cite so many people per month to maintain that quota. They generate revenue for the government. This is another part of the problem. Police are not tax men and their sole purpose should be to curtail dangerous behavior, be it someone driving drunk or someone robbing you!

Regardless of intent, one must think before they post. Burn me at the cross for changing my mind, but this is how change happens. There is no doubt in my mind that if it was Oliver Kruszka instead of George Floyd passing a fake $20 bill, my odds of surviving that altercation were grater than his were far better.

End the idiotic war on drugs. Defund the DEA, they have ZERO accomplishments since their inception. Mandatory sentencing is racist. Let judges decide punishment, it is equally absurd regardless of color and more than likely worse if you are black. 

So black on black crime is higher? So? Statistics should not bear on who is a good person and who is a bad person by the color of their skin. My best friend is black, he is a former soldier, he is a republican, and he is a Donald Trump supporter. I love him no less. In fact I love him more. I agree with him on many of Trump’s policies. It still does not change we can disagree on other things and still love each other.

I understand Drew Brees, but compassion to show him where he is wrong is the same thing I did. What does it hurt me that the man next to me kneels for the national anthem? If I am a true American, I accept him. I stand and I hold hands with him. He is my brother. We do not need to agree on everything, but he must know I agree with his right to be himself. To stand or kneel for what he believes in even if I do not. That is what the flag represents. Not for what we agree on, but to accept and work together to find something we agree that will make all of us stronger.
    Last edited by Captain Silver; 06-03-2020 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    You didn’t address the question. Should whites not be allowed to have opinions ? Or should we create separate leagues?

As a black man, are you offended that I respect my country and my flag?
    How Ed Reid, Michael Thomas, Booger McFarland and Lebron James responded is all u need for my answer.

Booger McFarland on Drew Brees https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKWksxNKzHQ

This would almost be comical if people weren't actually offended by this.

Right is now wrong.

Good people making harmless comments are now being ostracized by a bunch of poorly educated lunatics.

I've never seen so many timid people. All afraid of a bunch of bullies looking to create a new narrative. You either agree lock, stock, and barrel with these evil ideologies or risk being called a racist.

It's all so laughable. What people are saying in front of a camera or in public forums to save face differs so widely from the general consensus of opinion that exists when the tape recorder is off.

Grow up America. Develop a backbone.

lol

Quick, Cancel Drew Brees! He speaks against the one true opinion!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

All the black athletes responding to Drew-

https://bleacherreport.com/athletes-...nthem-comments

Stephen Jackson nailed it-
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oKsP-oYGSo

Sounds like those that responded, and disagree with brees, also think he doesn’t have the right to have that opinion

As for kap. I don’t think anyone ever said he can’t protest. We all didn’t want to see it during sports. Why not make a video like these athletes did. Look how the video got everyone talking. I don’t want politics in sports.
    If drew brees would have held a sign up during warmups that said white lives matter, I would have disapproved of that also. Doesn’t mean I hate white people. It means I don’t want politics in sports.