Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Lamar - man of the people

Quote Originally Posted by Jfoh View Post
    LJ seems to be a honest, friendly, humble young man who is nice to everybody. He is a bit hard on himself I think but driven to get better fast. I expect his improvement this year to take his game to another level. To me he is a running back like Barry Sander and is becoming a fast accurate passer. His upside there could put him into Drew Brees type qB.

If I were a wr hoping to make this team I would be at every off season throwing session he want to put on. In fact those not at this will have a lot of catching up to do. Hollywood looked great. If he improves like Andrews did his second year and Boykin doubles or triples his production this wr group could be the best in the NFL. With the running game they are going to get a lot of soft zone or man with no help over the top. A Hollywood special if you know what I mean.
    Lamar is sending a greater message without knowingly doing it, something the news media should show instead of the hate and violence and divisiveness now being driven purposely, and not for Mr. Floyd anymore.

I saw white and black people working together and having fun for a common goal. I saw white teenagers, both male and female experiencing something that most teens dream about. I saw a young black athlete not caring whether those kids were white, black, brown or Martian green.

All I saw was love and respect on that video.

Play that CNN and MSNBC

Lamar is a fixture now. I can't think of any player, regardless of position, I'd rather have on the Ravens.

Coming out of college I knew he'd be a good QB if he worked on his feet, and he has. Now he's the league MVP, only the second unanimous selection, and takes selfies with a bunch of kids after playing football in the park. Lamar is just a good guy. People who think athletes should be held up as paragons of virtue annoy me. However, I have pointed out Jackson on the sideline dealing with teammates and in interviews with reporters to my son to provide a good example.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by guymf4 View Post
    These guys are professionals and they take the game seriously, but I can't think of a single QB that has as much fun on the sidelines or of the field with his teammates as Lamar. I guess it helps he's 22 but it feels like he's just a kid having fun playing ball. It's not just a different feel than Flacco, it's a different feel than you get from any elite franchise QB. A lot of them adopt the no fun always serious vibe. Not a bad thing given the alternative is usually worse, but Lamar is just doing it his way and it works with his teammates

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
    It’s mostly the age. Think back to that first season with flacco and the playoffs. He looked to be having a lot of fun also.

The sad thing about this video that no one mentioned. Palm trees. That means they had to leave the state to do this. Because we are still not allowed in Maryland.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    It’s mostly the age. Think back to that first season with flacco and the playoffs. He looked to be having a lot of fun also.

The sad thing about this video that no one mentioned. Palm trees. That means they had to leave the state to do this. Because we are still not allowed in Maryland.
    Well, he's also from Florida, just like Hollywood.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by guymf4 View Post
    Well, he's also from Florida, just like Hollywood.
    Yeah, I think the mountain came to Mohammad in this situation. The workout happened in Florida because that's where the QB's at.

As a side note, I'm not sure I know of anything forbidding Marylanders from tossing around a football in an open space. We've tossed around a frisbee with out neighbors in the cul-de-sac, once or twice.
    (Then made our son wash his hands after )

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Lamar - man of the people

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Lamar is a fixture now. I can't think of any player, regardless of position, I'd rather have on the Ravens.
    darb, I totally agree This very nice young man shows maturity, talent, team leadership, and I am personally proud he's ours. Mr. Ozzie Newsome left us with a great parting gift... Bc

I love the man's leadership.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Yeah, I think the mountain came to Mohammad in this situation. The workout happened in Florida because that's where the QB's at.

As a side note, I'm not sure I know of anything forbidding Marylanders from tossing around a football in an open space. We've tossed around a frisbee with out neighbors in the cul-de-sac, once or twice.
    (Then made our son wash his hands after )
    Yeah. Outdoors don't think there's a ban , just the gatherings is no more than ten thing that even Hogan admitted isn't being followed.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk