Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Election

Election

Do you guys think if Trump formally invokes the Insurrection Act, that there will be any voting this coming November? And if not, what would be the outcome?

Re: Election

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    Do you guys think if Trump formally invokes the Insurrection Act, that there will be any voting this coming November? And if not, what would be the outcome?
    I don't know what you have been reading. You seem very impressionable lately with some of your statements.

There is NO WAY we don't have elections in November.

The question is how much ballot harvesting Democrats will have legalized and organized by then by Governor decree or through lawsuits.

I mean, we've already had calls to suspend voting in certain areas. Andrew Yang had to sue the state of NY just to get voting back for the primary. Who's to say it couldnt happen in the general? If martial law + coronavirus + (God forbid) Derek Chauvin getting off caused such a response that made it unsafe to vote, couldn't it happen?

I understand what you are saying though. I've just never seen anything like what the country is going through before. I wasn't alive for the 1992 riots and even then, it was confined to one city. At this point, it just feels like anything is possible.

Blog Entries

I mean, we've already had calls to suspend voting in certain areas. Andrew Yang had to sue the state of NY just to get voting back for the primary. Who's to say it couldnt happen in the general? If martial law + coronavirus + (God forbid) Derek Chauvin getting off caused such a response that made it unsafe to vote, couldn't it happen?

I understand what you are saying though. I've just never seen anything like what the country is going through before. I wasn't alive for the 1992 riots and even then, it was confined to one city. At this point, it just feels like anything is possible.
    This will all settle down soon and then we’ll be on to the next crisis. Who knows what that’s I’ll be

Turn off MSNBC and go to bed

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    It's so early though

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    I actually don't have cable, but I don't watch MSDNC or CNN at all really. They're establishment propaganda. But on the other hand, the last time we've had riots to this degree was probably after MLK's death, and the insurrection act has been invoked for less. I don't know how much power Trump has when it comes to states rights, but it does seem like he would try to militarize the states, or maybe he's posturing idk...just trying to make sense of it, and see what the most likely outcome would be....obviously no voting would be catastrophic, but as I said earlier, they found a way to try and cancel voting in the primary....there is precedent

I actually don't have cable, but I don't watch MSDNC or CNN at all really. They're establishment propaganda. But on the other hand, the last time we've had riots to this degree was probably after MLK's death, and the insurrection act has been invoked for less. I don't know how much power Trump has when it comes to states rights, but it does seem like he would try to militarize the states, or maybe he's posturing idk...just trying to make sense of it, and see what the most likely outcome would be....obviously no voting would be catastrophic, but as I said earlier, they found a way to try and cancel voting in the primary....there is precedent
    I was under the impression the military can't be used for domestic policing, but I am not 100% on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    I was under the impression the military can't be used for domestic policing, but I am not 100% on that.

I'm seeing different things, but I'll have to find out for sure.

He can invoke the Insurrection Act. Whether he will or is trying to force the states to handle their business remains to be seen.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Don Frye's Moustache View Post
    He can invoke the Insurrection Act. Whether he will or is trying to force the states to handle their business remains to be seen.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    The art of the Deal.
    He is a master of posturing.
    The best part of his threats is that people do fear them because he will unleash hell when need be:

I still can’t believe the lack of credit he got for the Iran situation. There was a whole lot of hoopla about WWIII in the media when they thought he went too far, but clearly he went exactly far enough because Iran immediately backed off and acquiesced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m curious how you make that jump. How do go from invoking the insurrection act to stop looting and pillaging of communities to cancelling the election??