Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Re: Antifa - Are they the real domestic terror threat at this point in history?

Quote Originally Posted by Rayvin's Dad View Post
    This was ANTIFA... this was BLM... these are people that don't want to fix anything... they just want anarchy. I was willing to hear out BLM when they put their demands together to see what they wanted... they wanted every white person to just GIVE their house to black people that wanted them. Okay... were done here junior.

Where do some of you guys get this shit from?

https://populardemocracy.org/news-an...and-abolishing

No I don't agree with some of their demands but, lets not be disingenuous.
    I don't know which side of the argument you're taking here.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by ddr_jr View Post
    This article is what this Louisville chapter thinks. I don't know if that is a national opinion from that organization. It could be? But the signage clearly says it's an opinion from that chapter.

I think much of the property claims by folks like this is due to their opinion of how atleast a million black homeowners lost their homes and land during an era where their was ramput descrimination... And folks taking advantage of laws to swipe the land away from them. Through tax sales and intimidation. With the end of slavery, land was provided as a means of reperations. However, allot was taken back and lost due to what I mentioned above.

https://www.thenation.com/article/ar...ve-lost-acres/

What happened was legal, but doesn't make it right. That's what I think that is about. Obviously, you cannot snatch people property today regarding sins of the past. That isn't right. But atleast one should acknowledge that shit was effed up.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    I have no clue what the hell you're trying to show with that link.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

And here I come bearing actual facts. Liberals feel free to ignore anything that doesn't fit your preconceived narrative.

https://msutoday.msu.edu/news/2019/t...ice-shootings/
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    I have no clue what the hell you're trying to show with that link.
    Darb, so are you unfamiliar with what what took place during those times? Or do you just don't like the example I provided.

Darb, so are you unfamiliar with what what took place during those times? Or do you just don't like the example I provided.

I honestly have no clue what you were trying to show. That when 100 people own a plot of land, getting them all to agree to sell it presents some major hurdles? That some developers are assholes? These are things we already know.
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    I honestly have no clue what you were trying to show. That when 100 people own a plot of land, getting them all to agree to sell it presents some major hurdles? That some developers are assholes? These are things we already know.
    I was only trying to explain why some harp and make demands regarding property. That list of demands that Louisville BLM made. I agreed she was being unreasonable.

The reason why some folks are so hyped about it is because issues like this are dismissed as no big deal. That's the normal story though. I understand why folks who have nothing to do with the past getting tried of the hearing this "BS". Why cant we just move forward? They may feel that "I'm struggling now, I don't give damn about what happen 50-60 years ago? I work hard, they need to work hard."

All this is complicated. It's hard discussions on either side. There is a much less dramatic way this demander could have conveyed her thoughts. Her tactics would never work, as this is a nuianced type of conversation.

I was only trying to explain why some harp and make demands regarding property. That list of demands that Louisville BLM made. I agreed she was being unreasonable.

The reason why some folks are so hyped about it is because issues like this are dismissed as no big deal. That's the normal story though. I understand why folks who have nothing to do with the past getting tried of the hearing this "BS". Why cant we just move forward? They may feel that "I'm struggling now, I don't give damn about what happen 50-60 years ago? I work hard, they need to work hard."

All this is complicated. It's hard discussions on either side. There is a much less dramatic way this demander could have conveyed her thoughts. Her tactics would never work, as this is a nuianced type of conversation.

Agreed that there needs to be a very calm conversation involving level heads.

One thing that needs to be addressed early in the conversation is that there is no way to redress past wrongs on the scale some people are demanding. I'm never going to supplicant myself to anyone based on some horrible acts of my ancestors. First off I've got a lot of native American blood so half of me will be trying to kick the other half's ass. Or do I pay myself reparations but only enjoy half the money?

I say this in a joking way to illustrate the futility of making people feel guilty for the actions of their ancestors. U.S. history isn't my area but I know that it isn't great when it comes to race relations. But our shared 200 year history has been a steady march towards equality from the signing of the Constitution that said all men are created equal, to the War of Northern Aggression that ended slavery in Western civilization, to the civil rights marches that finally codified equality into law. Racism will never be completely abolished. Humans are too tribal to allow it. We hate others based on sports teams, favorite type of music, and countless other stupid reasons.

Even admitting that racism exists I cannot, and will not, admit that it is so pervasive in modern America that it is capable of keeping 44 million people shackled in an oppressed state until given evidence. By the same token I cannot, and will not, claim that judicial reforms are unnecessary because I have evidence that they are. There is a lot of hard work ahead of us as Americans to help areas of the country that have been allowed to decay. Focusing on the past to the detriment of the future is of no use. We need to look to the past to see what has not worked then use that information to build a brighter tomorrow.
    ProFootballMock

Fascism is the terrorist threat to the USA.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    Yup. And control of the mass media is the start of it.

And what do you know... that’s happening

https://www.dailywire.com/news/nyt-i...-cottons-op-ed

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    fascism definition: a tendency toward or actual exercise of strong autocratic or dictatorial control

BLM Melbourne issued a lengthy list of requirements for how white people are allowed to behave during the upcoming BLM rally.

“DO NOT TAKE SELFIES,” states the guide. “Ask to take pictures or videos of individuals. You are there to witness only. Film the police as much as possible. Your goal is documentation to ensure that the true narrative is told.”

The guide also instructs white people to show deference and obedience to black people at all times.

Blog Entries

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    fascism definition: a tendency toward or actual exercise of strong autocratic or dictatorial control

BLM Melbourne issued a lengthy list of requirements for how white people are allowed to behave during the upcoming BLM rally.

“DO NOT TAKE SELFIES,” states the guide. “Ask to take pictures or videos of individuals. You are there to witness only. Film the police as much as possible. Your goal is documentation to ensure that the true narrative is told.”

The guide also instructs white people to show deference and obedience to black people at all times.

The font is too small, but does it specify whether us honkies are supposed remove our hoods and robes BEFORE kneeling or after? I don't want to look like a newbie.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk