Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Antifa - Are they the real domestic terror threat at this point in history?

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    I'm old enough to remember when gathering in public without a mask meant that you were "literally responsible for killing people."

That was last week.

I wonder what the media will be spewing next week?
    As an ode to my post last week, you mean the "TV" media. Agreed, double standard. Angry folks are just angry, damn the masks. It should be reported the same both ways. No argument from me.

I also old enough to remember when it was blasphemy to peacefully protest during the anthem...now it's being reported that's it's our 2nd amendment right to do it with rifles in front of government buildings or mob peaceful protest in the middle of our cities. Difference being there is no "who, when, and how" stipulations for these occurrences. Other than adhering to a curfew.

It was always a flawed argument to state that a protester needs to consider time and place to protest. Or told how they should protest.

And based on the statement I just made, I'm also now enlightened on speech on campuses. Free speech and the right to protest. American pie.

So I've come full circle on that. Took this protest for me to understand what's good for the goose, is good for the gander. So if Milo wants to cause havoc at a university, it's his right. People can just not show up.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ddr_jr View Post
    As an ode to my post last week, you mean the "TV" media. Agreed, double standard. Angry folks are just angry, damn the masks. It should be reported the same both ways. No argument from me.
    ABC, CBS, NBC, NYT, NPR, CNN, and MSDNC were all pushing it.

Quote Originally Posted by ddr_jr View Post
    I also old enough to remember when it was blasphemy to peacefully protest during the anthem...now it's being reported that's it's our 2nd amendment right to do it with rifles in front of government buildings or mob peaceful protest in the middle of our cities. Difference being there is no "who, when, and how" stipulations for these occurrences. Other than adhering to a curfew.
    ddr, you're completely misrepresenting both issues to make whatever point you're trying to make.

No need to lie. Just tell the truth.

Regarding Kaepernick...NOBODY said he doesn't have the right to do what he did. Let me make that clear. He 100% had the Constitutional right to "not stand for a country that oppresses brown people" and nobody argued otherwise. Don't pretend that people were saying he DOESN'T have that right. What he was called out for and continues to be called out for is being an ignorant pompous asshole who many thought (myself included) was being disrespectful. Now, since he is being paid millions to rep a company who's operations include child-labor/sweatshops and he doesn't have a problem with that...we know he was a sellout and has zero integrity as well. The truth always comes out eventually. Case closed.

People protesting (not rioting, looting, robbing, assaulting people) while carrying their legally owned/permitted firearms is their Constitutional right as well.

Both acts are Constitutionally ok...so, I'm not sure what you're trying to prove.
    Last edited by ravenmaniac4life; 06-02-2020 at 05:31 PM.

I have a lot to say about this...but I'll save it for another day...don't want to change the subject of the OP.

But, you make a good point about the hypocracy of not wearing masks and how it's reported.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    It would be like the Dr Seuss book sneetches. People would make sure they still could tell themselves apart.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    Wow. That's not a common Dr. Seuss book. Not a lot of people know about that one.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

It would be like the Dr Seuss book sneetches. People would make sure they still could tell themselves apart.

Sneetches get Steeches.

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    I got the star!
    W00!

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Wow. That's not a common Dr. Seuss book. Not a lot of people know about that one.
    Love that one. And the green pants story. When my oldest was little we got most of the Seuss books we could find.

Blog Entries

Love that one. And the green pants story. When my oldest was little we got most of the Seuss books we could find.

And the north/south bound Zax’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

What are the chances of this thing turning into a civil war at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    None and zip. The people rioting are far outnumbered by honest, hardworking Americans.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Our country has been in a cold civil war for a long time now. It's called the two party system.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    And the north/south bound Zax’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That was a masterful job of predicting congress 50 years later.