Whoa, this is a bridge too far. Resigning of Philly columnist.

Why doing my regular Sunday morning laying in the bed reading, I came across this article where this lady was pretty much forced to resign for writing an article about property damage in Philly. The headline was to provocative? I've read this article three times and I don't understand what she said it's bad. She couched all of her statements correctly, provided historical context with past riots, and went through pains to say life is more important than buildings. Unless this article has been updated from it's original form? Are they that upset over a headline? The content of the article was spot on. This is how you lose people who may be convinced to be on your side of an issue.

https://www.inquirer.com/columnists/...-20200601.html

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Re: Whoa, this is a bridge too far. Resigning of Philly columnist.

Regard for the truth is sadly, an antiquated notion.

The protestors and those who support them in the media and power (well, most of us likely support the peaceful ones) risk overplaying their hand with things like this. They will lose whatever support they have garnered.

Frankly the longer these riots go, the less support they will have. You have to strike a balance between making your voice heard and promoting changes and having people turn you off because frankly, they are tired of the mayhem. I think they'd do well to make some specific requests of local and state leaders (or even national). Otherwise, there would seem to be no end game.

Quote Originally Posted by ddr_jr View Post
    Why doing my regular Sunday morning laying in the bed reading, I came across this article where this lady was pretty much forced to resign for writing an article about property damage in Philly. The headline was to provocative? I've read this article three times and I don't understand what she said it's bad. She couched all of her statements correctly, provided historical context with past riots, and went through pains to say life is more important than buildings. Unless this article has been updated from it's original form? Are they that upset over a headline? The content of the article was spot on. This is how you lose people who may be convinced to be on your side of an issue.

https://www.inquirer.com/columnists/...-20200601.html

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Really? You're shocked by this?

This is a daily occurrence with cancel culture. Unless the narrative is followed word-for-word nobody has a right to speak.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

"Diversity and inclusion" in name only.

Blog Entries

The original headline was "Buildings Matter, Too".

It's a great headline and it hits home to everyone protesting and rioting under a false narrative. The truth hurts and that's why she was fired. We live in a time when journalists can't even question one's motives and write thought provoking headlines. We must all conform or be shunned.